It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11/11 - 7 Reasons To Brace For Impact

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
9/11/11 - 7 Reasons To Brace For Impact

Now I admit that we've all read about impending false flag operations about to happen any day due to this reason or that reason. However, the 10th Anniversary of 9/11 would tend to make a bit of sense.

Here are the seven reasons from the article (further details at the link provided above)...

1. The illusion is wearing thin and ratings show it.

2. They've done it before at similar times.

3. The demonization of all Americans as potential terrorists.

4. Martial law is just a click away.

5. 9/11 - Build on the emotional impact.

6. The Demonization of "Truthers" and an alternative media crackdown.

7. Not A Reason--Just please be prepared--for anything.

Did a search on ATS and came up empty, so I thought I'd toss it out among you folks to see your thoughts. Some of you do have opinions on 9/11, right?

So, will this come to actually happen, or is it just another false alarm?

If you do believe it could happen, any theories as to how or where?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Hessling

Nothing will happen to interfere with the celebrations.

Remembrance day will generate all the fear that's needed, and we're no where near a critical mass of critical thinkers yet, at least in America.

911 can be renewed every year, its the gift that keeps on giving.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Yankee451

I agree, Yank but with this one exception. The noise from the internet will be deafening, and they never considered it's awsome power to instantly inform millions. I also believe it will be their undoing. About a year ago I was convinced they were about to shut the internet down, but I was wrong thank God. They can control the print, the airwaves and even the cinema, but they cannot stop (at least for now) the internets ability to impact billions of people instantly, and they couldn't have known this when they planned their crime. The facade is beginning to crack, and they are scared. Someone will stand up to them. It's going to be ugly for awhile but I believe we will survive this because 'we are the last, best hope' for mankind.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by dillweed
reply to post by Yankee451

I agree, Yank but with this one exception. The noise from the internet will be deafening, and they never considered it's awsome power to instantly inform millions. I also believe it will be their undoing. About a year ago I was convinced they were about to shut the internet down, but I was wrong thank God. They can control the print, the airwaves and even the cinema, but they cannot stop (at least for now) the internets ability to impact billions of people instantly, and they couldn't have known this when they planned their crime. The facade is beginning to crack, and they are scared. Someone will stand up to them. It's going to be ugly for awhile but I believe we will survive this because 'we are the last, best hope' for mankind.

I hear you...and I agree the Internet will be their undoing, but we're still in a pretty small bubble compared to the mainstream folks.

However, for the same reasons you think they might try something, I'm pretty sure they won't. To risk another blatant 911 would be a real apocalypse...another eff-up like that and even the mainstream media wouldn't be able to assuage the TV viewers.

The fear of an attack is sufficient. There will be plenty of talk about nuking a US city...no need for an actual event to occur. Plus, if they allow another major event, then what the hell good is the Patriot Act, the TSA, and "Take the fight to the terrorists"?

Remember too that the Twins were special cases...they were literally falling apart and NEEDED to be demolished, but were too expensive to demolish legally. Also, consider the other goals of 911 that were accomplished, namely the theft of the gold and the destruction of the government securities, etc.

There was much more at stake than a pretext for war and their goals appear to have been accomplished. All they need to do now is maintain the hoax.

Nope, I'm banking on quiet...we'll all be able to enjoy our moment of silence in peace.

edit on 23-8-2011 by Yankee451 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Hessling

I nearly ran a similar OP several days ago but didn't have the time to stick with it and respond as one should with a post.

The media is gonna blitz the living daylights out of us, with a force-feeding. It's not that we shouldn't remember and pay respects to the innocent people who died... but the news networks are going to overdo it as usual.

Ramifications?

We are an unhappy lot right now. Our economy is in shambles, our industrial plant is living in China, our congress nearly defaulted on our debt, the newest cancer drug could cost up to $100,000 per treatment and there are still wars and rumors of wars with Americans in uniform in multiple theaters of conflict.

Oh... and there is an election year fast approaching too.

That would be enough to powderkeg this remembrance but I think there is a vast portion of the population who harbor doubts about the 9.11 OS... and combined with all the aforementioned pains, they could come out in force on this occasion and simply shock the halls of power in ways that even an earthquake can't do.

And finally, since there will be such a huge media focus on the day and event, there could be other disruptions added to the mix by quarters yet unknown. Anarchists and/or juvenile delinquents, terrorists and hackers, could all use this day for some attention.

Should be interesting... but then again, if the media treats the day with an ounce of respect, it may pass peacefully.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

Wouldn't it be great if the media did a 'tribute' piece to those who died on flight 93 in Shanksville, and they showed the crash site. You know, that hole in the ground where there is supposed to be an entire airliner, passengers and luggage? "Lets roll".

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Judging from the replies, it seems we're all on the same page.

There simply is no need to stage a false flag. Too much to potentially lose and too little to gain.

Maintain status quo because you've gotten what you need. Just maintain the threat and go about your business.

Thanks everyone for the input.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
"It was ten years ago today on September 11th, 2001 that ... "

will reign supreme, you can bet your backside

no need for any sort of 'false flag' ... especially when the media will be/is all too willing and capable of doing the 'reinforcing' legwork for you.

edit on 8/23/2011 by 12m8keall2c because: " marks

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
There is nothing wrong with preparing for the worst and hoping for the best, but the reasons listed in the OP are just silly at best.

1. The illusion is wearing thin and ratings show it.

Depending on who you ask "ratings" can show that I can walk on water and make Elvis appear. The Illusion has been worn thin and for the most part I think the majority have already decided what they believe, and done so years ago.

2. They've done it before at similar times.

What similar times? There has never been a similar time. The 10 year anniversary of 9/11 only happens once. So what is this "similar time"?

3. The demonization of all Americans as potential terrorists.

This has been an ongoing thing.

4. Martial law is just a click away.

Depending on who you ask, Martial Law has been a click away since the 1980's.

5. 9/11 - Build on the emotional impact.

Wouldn't this have been more effective a year or two after 9/11 when the wound was still fresh for so many and fear levels were higher?

6. The Demonization of "Truthers" and an alternative media crackdown.

Again... this has been ongoing. I would even go so far as to say that "Truthers" have pretty much been silenced in the mainstream. The attack on Alternative Media has only just begun.

7. Not A Reason--Just please be prepared--for anything.

This is really the only point I agree with, but this should be everyday, not just on 9/11/11
edit on 23-8-2011 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I rarely watch the MSM on television, but I was flipping channels the other day, and one of the MSM networks had some government defense guy on, and he was talking about possible terrorist activity on this date. I personally believe this would be a great false-flag opportunity...

Ya know, infuse some fear into the population to take a bit of the pressure off from all of the "speculation" about government lies. It is their past-time, and one of the few ways they are able to basically do whatever they want with the blessing of the public.

I hope I am wrong, but an "attack" on this date would seem more legitimate than an attack on a random date, considering how the government has portrayed "terrorists" up to this point. They want to attack on days that are symbolic according to the "experts." At least from what I understand and have read. Should you take this with a grain of salt? Maybe. We will see though, that is for sure.

ETA:
I just wanted to make a quick off-topic comment...
Everyone thinks that the government moves very slowly, which is true for the most part. However, anything "clandestine" moves at speeds that would amaze anyone.

edit on 8/23/11 by JiggyPotamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
We could have a false flag, and most wouldn't even know it. Do you think they are stupid enough to try another 911? I don't think so.
Look at Japan. Far worse than 911, and nobody is talking about it. Now that was an effective attack.
It's coming here, and just like ten years ago, everybody will be in shock and totally fooled.
For a while.

new topics

top topics

join