It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cloaked UFO Caught on Camera - Experts?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
this video reminds me of the guy that said he saw UFOs have war over Earth with his $4000 night vision goggles, I think his name was Ed Grimsley

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Very interesting, makes you think what stuff is up their that we can't see with the naked eye. Wonder how many people have caught things like this with that kind of equipment.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
bah its a spotlight on low lying cloud. you can see it disappear exactly the same time the light disappears that is shinning on the tree. And reappear when it comes back on...

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by DaRAGE

He actually says that he will turn off the in fared and you will see it disappear, basically claiming its not visible to the naked eye. So when the "thing" disappears its when he turns in fared off and then it reappears barely visible when he turns it back on.

If this really is an unidentified object why does the object reappear very dim compared to how bright it is before he turns the infared off?

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
When it comes to Youtube if you want to find out if a piece of footage is real or not always check the users previous videos as it tells way more about the intentions. I have seen people ask if footahge is real then you check the users account and it has "CGI Tutorials" etc all over the page lol.

As for this I will go with fake for the same reason above and after reading he has comments disabled it doesn't make him sound to credible.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by JennaDarling

Originally posted by ThinkingCap

Can you explain why you think it is a cloaked aircraft.

I would really like to know,

I don't know. Maybe because it appears to be flying through the air, invisible to the naked eye?

At first I thought he was creating the spectacle, but I do not think so now.
edit on 22-8-2011 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

And you ruled out a thermal bubble and jumped straight to little green men because?

edit on 22-8-2011 by JennaDarling because: (no reason given)

Laaaame debunk!

No one ever said it was little green men. Where do you even get that? By the way, aliens aren't green. There's most likely a bunch of different aliens here, some inter-dimensional. Things you yourself can't comprehend. "Little green men" is an ignorant response and a very pathetic way to mock the UFO theory.

I am not saying it is a UFO, though very likely. It defiantly looks to be intelligent, whether it's intelligently controlled or is an intelligent being itself.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Motumz

What in particular makes you view that video as being a craft under intelligent control?

It looks like it could be a bug of some sort out of focus and over exposed in the infrared.

I am not attempting an argument but am curious on individuals reasons for their stated impressions.

The end of the video to me makes it look like the person is being a little less that unbiased as to when he turns off the IR the bug would no longer be seen in the NV alone if in fact it is a bug.

To me it looks like the light passes between the wire and the camera in the video.
edit on 22-8-2011 by smallcheese because: Spelling

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

reply to post by JennaDarling

Gullible? Speak to yourself, I am not the one jumping to conclusions, this really could be anything - but instead of contributing you seem much more comfortable knocking a video that you seemingly haven't even watched.

I'm not here to suggest it is little green men, I'm passing on something interesting I found.

I bet this could be replicated using warm water and some soap and blow a bubble.

Let it drift in the wind. It will appear like an orb and pusate and show up on the IR thermal camera and disappear when the IR is off or when the water cools down to ambient tempterature.

and you know this will happen as fact or are you too suggestion what it could be cause if so then TC's thoughts are just as valid as yours. Ho do YOU know besides you just saying it a bubble will replicate the same thing?

As for name calling is it really necessary? TC isn't guliable and never said that it was "little green" men, you assumed. Just cause someone posts a UFO video it doesn't mean they are saying it's alien in nature.

Also in the OP they ask for "experts" in their title with a question mark. TC was just asking for others to look and see and then discuss.

You jumped to the conclusion it is a cloaked aircraft.

Not me.

It's a theory? What is wrong with it?

Jumping to the conclusion it's bubbles in the air is just as silly as saying it's a cloaked craft imo. One isn't more right than the other.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

way to walk the fence with that post often either side is unreasonable enough to make those of us with genuine curiosity cringe I long to find a way to treat these sightings a bot more fairly and find some real answers

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

The object doesn't disappear at all. I still see its faint shape by the end of the video. I've seen no laser beam coming from the skies, the narrating guy is annoying and the video lacks of better analysis.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I call BS on this one...most Gen 1 "starlight" scopes have an infrared illuminator as part of the package...I pointmine up all the time...havent seen this or anything even LIKE it...bs call

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Do me a favor and buy a bubble blower(as in the cheap kids toy of soap and a ring on a stick), and use the same camera with the same IR light. I think it would be even more impressive if you got a bubble gun that blows multiples.

Sorry... didn't see that someone had already beat me to it.
edit on 22-8-2011 by Froggy55 because: Beat to the punch

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Firstly, there is no such thing as an IR 'light amplification by stimulated emission' device one can buy.

IR is simply the low end of the spectrum adjacent to visible light.

That's why the stars showed clearly - there was no "IR laser" bouncing light off them! They emit IR

along with the rest of the spectrum, along with absorption spectra specific to their compositions.

I have a FLIR camera in my suv - it doesn't require painting the road ahead with IR, it picks up

emitted IR just fine.

I think the video is cool - because of the rapid vanishing of the 'cloaked' object being so

typical of 'UFO's' and their probable gravity distortion drives.

Then again, it could be a hoax, or something innocuous.

peace
edit on 8/22/2011 by drphilxr because: formatting/ spelling as always

edit on 8/22/2011 by drphilxr because: same

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Nice find

SnF
When ever I see a certain groups, overly persistently, attempting to debunk something it reminds me of William Shakespeare's Hamlet "The lady doth protest too much, methinks."

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Can you explain why you think it is a cloaked aircraft.

I would really like to know,

I don't know. Maybe because it appears to be flying through the air, invisible to the naked eye?

At first I thought he was creating the spectacle, but I do not think so now.
edit on 22-8-2011 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

And you ruled out a thermal bubble and jumped straight to little green men because?

Pardon my ignorance; but what is a "thermal bubble?" In my nearly 48 years on the planet I have never heard of such a thing.

As far as the video goes, I think it's fascinating, and I'd like to try it myself. My camcorder has IR night vision; I wonder if the small IR emitter on the front is what he's talking about when the vid uploader mentioned a "wide beam IR?"
edit on 8/22/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Gullible? Speak to yourself, I am not the one jumping to conclusions, this really could be anything - but instead of contributing you seem much more comfortable knocking a video that you seemingly haven't even watched.

I'm not here to suggest it is little green men, I'm passing on something interesting I found.

I bet this could be replicated using warm water and some soap and blow a bubble.

Let it drift in the wind. It will appear like an orb and pusate and show up on the IR thermal camera and disappear when the IR is off or when the water cools down to ambient tempterature.

Not me.

No...you're obviously trying *much* too hard to outright discredit the video, discredit the member posting the video, the content of the video, the entire subject of Ufology (to which the video alludes to) to be a genuine scientific skeptic.

When you don't get a 'bite', you repeat, repeat and repeat again, and then voila! at last a little nibble...a few tentative stars awarded, no doubt from either the old faithful outright (non skeptic) debunkers, or from sock accounts, or perhaps short-sighted members who respect tenacity, and then a few more members take notice and...a bite.

The term 'little green men' is or was most commonly used as a derisory and mocking tactic, designed to elicit the ridicule factor among readers, and of course formally among viewers of 'pliant' news corporations that would obediently spew the official line re: UFO's and cheesy grin would always appear on cue.

Discredit the subject, add in a little ad hominem side-swipe to veer off track and persuade OP to withdraw for fear of ridicule or set him on the personal defensive, the thread may then fizzle out or descend into arguments and diversion from discussion about the video and content, and possible conjecture of any ramifications that may result.

Jesus H..you people really need to come up with new tactics, yours are just so old, weak and unsophisticated. Granted, elements of the crude psychology are still vaguely effective, even in the modern communications age, although the general thrust has much less impact in today's internet driven world of reporting such phenomena, than it did back in previous radio/TV only decades.

Thanks go to the OP, i too find the video interesting, if inconclusive (of course).

Although i find it interesting, and worthy of closer scrutiny so that is what i intend to do. I'm not so closed minded as to immediately write the content off as anything that springs to mind other than what JD is apparently desperate to avoid thinking it might be.

If you genuinely are willing to bet this is a 'soap bubble' floating along, and not a military or other sophisticated unidentified aerial craft, go ahead and attempt to replicate the effect using kids bubble mixture or dish soap and present it here, but do us all a favour and at least have the courtesy to pretend you value people making their own minds up and not be instructed what to or what not to think by attempting outdated Psy techniques that are as transparent as the object in the video appears to be.

Cheers OP, i'll be having a closer look at the video...the object appears to hold it's shape steadily, we have the stated range of the poster's UV laser, the posters own estimated height of the object, if we can pin down the time of night, the location, and identify the stars in the background, they all may help in determining size and speed of the object.

And JD..yeah, yeah, yeah...in advance.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

The guy has 63 videos with comments disabled, looking at a handful we see blatant birds. He's got eyes as well as a camera and must know he's seeing birds. In one film, he describes how they are one object because they don't break formation when they bloody well do!

That's why I'll opt for a bubble hypothesis over him managing to capture a genuine UFO in one of 63 videos. I had another look and agree it doesn't pop...kinda fades.

Gotta say I like Grimsley's one with the triangular formation of lights and would enjoy a chance to capture something similar if I had the good equipment.

You might want to check your facts before posting mate...a quick look at his channel confirms that comments are NOT disabled on his videos.

If you get something that simple incorrect, what else might you have wrong?

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
the whole video is cgi. most people are used to looking for a cgi object superimposed over real footage.

but if you look at the end of the video, you can see trees that look like cgi creations.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikey

Not me.

No...you're obviously trying *much* too hard to outright discredit the video, discredit the member posting the video, the content of the video, the entire subject of Ufology (to which the video alludes to) to be a genuine scientific skeptic.

When you don't get a 'bite', you repeat, repeat and repeat again, and then voila! at last a little nibble...a few tentative stars awarded, no doubt from either the old faithful outright (non skeptic) debunkers, or from sock accounts, or perhaps short-sighted members who respect tenacity, and then a few more members take notice and...a bite.

The term 'little green men' is or was most commonly used as a derisory and mocking tactic, designed to elicit the ridicule factor among readers, and of course formally among viewers of 'pliant' news corporations that would obediently spew the official line re: UFO's and cheesy grin would always appear on cue.

Discredit the subject, add in a little ad hominem side-swipe to veer off track and persuade OP to withdraw for fear of ridicule or set him on the personal defensive, the thread may then fizzle out or descend into arguments and diversion from discussion about the video and content, and possible conjecture of any ramifications that may result.

Jesus H..you people really need to come up with new tactics, yours are just so old, weak and unsophisticated. Granted, elements of the crude psychology are still vaguely effective, even in the modern communications age, although the general thrust has much less impact in today's internet driven world of reporting such phenomena, than it did back in previous radio/TV only decades.

Thanks go to the OP, i too find the video interesting, if inconclusive (of course).

Although i find it interesting, and worthy of closer scrutiny so that is what i intend to do. I'm not so closed minded as to immediately write the content off as anything that springs to mind other than what JD is apparently desperate to avoid thinking it might be.

If you genuinely are willing to bet this is a 'soap bubble' floating along, and not a military or other sophisticated unidentified aerial craft, go ahead and attempt to replicate the effect using kids bubble mixture or dish soap and present it here, but do us all a favour and at least have the courtesy to pretend you value people making their own minds up and not be instructed what to or what not to think by attempting outdated Psy techniques that are as transparent as the object in the video appears to be.

Cheers OP, i'll be having a closer look at the video...the object appears to hold it's shape steadily, we have the stated range of the poster's UV laser, the posters own estimated height of the object, if we can pin down the time of night, the location, and identify the stars in the background, they all may help in determining size and speed of the object.

And JD..yeah, yeah, yeah...in advance.

watch the video in full screen with the best resoloution. it deforms and becomes slightly oblong at times JUST like a soap bubble

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I saw a show about UFO's the other night; and the UFO investigators said that with a certain type of camera....you can film....UFO's......and/or traces of them....that only appear on film....you can't seem them with the naked eye...it has something to do with infrared light....that the video cameras are more sensitive.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join