It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who would be a good running mate for Ron Paul?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Yeah, there ARE a lot of Ron Paul threads. I just want to see this question be a focus. Someone brought up Paul's age elsewhere. Immediately people started saying how he is more healthy than a twenty year old.

Right.

Regardless, age is a factor. Is there anyone out there who shares Paul's philosophy well enough to be a good running mate? I'm not really thinking of someone who could "broaden the base" by being enough different to haul in another demographic. I'm thinking more of someone philosophically compatible who may allay any fears some may have of Paul's age. Serious question.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Herman Cain! He's not a polished politician, and he doesn't come across as well as I'd hope in debates; however, I have been listening to him for years on the radio and I like him.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

I really like Herman Cain and think he and Ron would be a good team.
I would like to see either one win but I think Ron's age is against him and Herman is being smothered by msm so if they teamed and won, up maybe America would have a chance.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Well i would not be sad to see rand paul taking up that spot. The same message wrapped in a more dynamic package.

And dynamic here is not bad or good. It all depends from which angle you look at things. In some situation you need the fresh young eyes to see the new way, sometimes you need the wisdom only experience can teach.

edit on 20-8-2011 by varikonniemi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Jesse Ventura
In this video he says if Ron Paul ran as an independent and asked him to run as his VP, he would give it "very serious consideration". He also talks about how the Constitution and Bill of Rights are becoming meaningless to the government.

"The War on Drugs is a failure"

edit on 20-8-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Jesse Ventura He would be the perfect running mate for Paul. If Paul's common sense doesn't persuade congress then maybe a few dozen body slams would and if doesn't work well he knows how to use chairs too.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

There have been a hundred Ron Paul running mate threads too........

Geez.

As I said in the last 100 or so of these threads: Gary Johnson would be a good choice for a VP. He's not Ron Paul by any means, but he's the closest you will get.
edit on 20-8-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Age doesn't matter, no matter how many times you squeal about it. Its also apparent there are very few men left in this country that can remember the days when the USA was at its pinnacle of greatness.

I would like to see Pat Buchanan be his VP.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Herman Cain is your typical neocon. Why do so many people like him? He's not even good looking.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

As you do not ask for reasons I will just give a name.
Dennis Kuchinich.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Vp's are not picked for having a similar way of thinking as the Presidential candidate they are chosen for what they can bring to the campaign, usually in terms of a particular State or States.

In Pauls case his only option really is Sarah Palin for the Tea Party support she will bring. You may all support Ron Paul and all that but honestly he is not going to win unless he does something drastic. Palin will give him a huge boost in numbers that tranlates well at the polls.

The Tea Party members are very active voters and that's what he needs. Like her policies or not she will follow what Paul tells her to do.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TerryMcGuire

Dennis Kuchinich.

DITTO

That would be the dynamic duo that could change it all. Two milquetoasty guys with the support of rational people of all persuasions, a majority made up of hope for the best possible outcome for this crazy country.

In my dreams.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint
Herman Cain is your typical neocon. Why do so many people like him? He's not even good looking.

Because he is a racist that is helping to spread Islamophobia. He also believes constitutional rights should not be equal for everyone and he's another follower of Israel and thinks we should do their fighting for them. This man has no place in office.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

HERMAN CAIN! Sorry, just had to shout it.

That is a ticket I would back in a heartbeat. I'll write them in if I have too.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by TerryMcGuire

Dennis Kuchinich.

AHHHHH! Really?! That gnome?..get real.

He's worse than Biden!

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Jesse Ventura.

He's already said he would seriously consider it if RP runs as an independent.

usatoday.com

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Yeah no way in hell Ron Paul would let Herman Cain run as his VP, he reeks of racism.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

Islam is not a race...it is a ideology. You can't be a racist when you stand against an idea that is majorly flawed.

I support Herman, because he stands on principles rather than emotion.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Ventura said he would consider it if Paul ran as an Independent. Ron Paul already stated he has zero interest in running as an Independent so that squashes that.

Cain's foreign policy is way to bias for Israel. Not to mention his past being a chairman of the FED and not seeing the importance of an audit. Furthermore he is very anti-Islam. No go here.

I would support a Paul/Johnson ticket. They would get America back on track and change the course of history for the better.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint

There have been a hundred Ron Paul running mate threads too........

Geez.

As I said in the last 100 or so of these threads: Gary Johnson would be a good choice for a VP. He's not Ron Paul by any means, but he's the closest you will get.

Really? That's funny. I searched under "Ron Paul Veep" and "Ron Paul Vice" I got 4 pages for the first and ten pages for the second. One thread from 2008 was generic asking who all the candidates would pick. That was as close as I got. There were a few messages inside threads on other topics that suggested, for example, that Ron Paul wanted Napolitano as his veep last election. Bear in mind that this searched posts, not threads.

I did not find even ONE thread that asked the question up front. Not one. I don;t know where all these hundreds of threads are hiding, but a typical search of ATS did not turn them up.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join