It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Aliens The Truth?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazloFarnsworth
Ive gathered and watched all the episodes. With all that information...it can be nothing else but the truth. Even if 50% of it is questionable? The rest is pretty impressive.

Yeah there does appear to be a lot of evidence which is useful for any reasonable argument.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
It's tough to use the Bible as an acurate record of events. Besides the fact that there are numerous mistranslations over the years as well as religious leaders picking and choosing what is put into it as many scriptures and stories have been either left out via church politics or changed to suit religions specific designs for control of the faithful.

I have no doubt that E.T. has been visiting Earth for a very long time. I do have a doubt to what the real facts are in their connection to any recorded occurance. The one reality we all know is that History is written by the victor....whether it be militarily...or Religion/Politic driven.

Reliable information of past occurences...are too ambiguous to make a qualified and accurate conclusion.
Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
It's tough to use the Bible as an acurate record of events. Besides the fact that there are numerous mistranslations over the years as well as religious leaders picking and choosing what is put into it as many scriptures and stories have been either left out via church politics or changed to suit religions specific designs for control of the faithful.

I have no doubt that E.T. has been visiting Earth for a very long time. I do have a doubt to what the real facts are in their connection to any recorded occurance. The one reality we all know is that History is written by the victor....whether it be militarily...or Religion/Politic driven.

Reliable information of past occurences...are too ambiguous to make a qualified and accurate conclusion.
Split Infinity

Yeah I take the old testament as sort of biased for trying to push the agenda of Jehovah and claiming the Jews the right to the promised land and justifying their slaughtering of the people they take over.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nobama
Hey that was a good read
I don't agree with some of it, though the whole God is/was a alien has always seemed more likely than God being a supreme being.

Thank you for reading and your response I tried to give as much information as possible.
edit on 1-9-2011 by KingJames1337 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

What no response to my comments on Ochocinco? I will say an accurate conclusion can't be made but there does seem to be a lot of evidence supporting alien involvement in our past.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Yeah the victors usually do get to right their version of history.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I read the book too, it was pretty amazing and you nailed it pretty good with your Great Wall Of Text.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by KingJames1337
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion here is mine:

I'm entitled to my opinion or I have a right to my opinion is a common declaration in rhetoric or debate that can be made in an attempt to persuade others to hold the opinion. When asserted for this reason, the statement exemplifies an informal logical fallacy of the type red herring. Whether one has a particular entitlement or right is irrelevant to whether one's assertion is true or false. To assert the existence of the right is a failure to assert any justification for the opinion. Such an assertion however, can also be the claim to one's freedom of speech and thus may or may not be able to produce evidence.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by MyCigs

Good book right I'am actually still not done with it yet but yeah thank you for reading the long # I posted here.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by mcrom901

Originally posted by KingJames1337
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion here is mine:

I'm entitled to my opinion or I have a right to my opinion is a common declaration in rhetoric or debate that can be made in an attempt to persuade others to hold the opinion. When asserted for this reason, the statement exemplifies an informal logical fallacy of the type red herring. Whether one has a particular entitlement or right is irrelevant to whether one's assertion is true or false. To assert the existence of the right is a failure to assert any justification for the opinion. Such an assertion however, can also be the claim to one's freedom of speech and thus may or may not be able to produce evidence.

en.wikipedia.org...

Exactly, I'am entitled to my opinion as you are to yours I'am providing a coherent argument that provides evidence that support my claims. The statement i'm entitled to my own opinion is irrelevant to the actual content in my argument as I'am only stating 'everyone is entitled to their own opinion here's mine' to state my position on the issue with the evidence that I provide to back it up in anticipation of other people's arguments that might provide other evidence against my claims.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by mcrom901

The only thing you think from all I wrote was the first part.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
It might be a fair assumption to believe the violence described in the Book of Joshua by Jehovah onto his own people was just a symbol for the lesson being taught to the Jews disobey Jehovah and you will be punished. As during the babylonian exile strict monotheism by the Jews and rejection of all other gods was required and a strong emphasis was put on Jehovah wanting ethical treatment for 'his' people.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
What cannot more than likely be denied is the genocide campaigns led by Jehovah in which they killed all creatures. There is some evidence in the sites where these campaigns took place.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Again I'am trying to make these claims with as much evidence as possible I'am not actually saying for fact that Jehovah ran genocide campaigns but rather stating it is a strong possibility based on the texts and the archaeological evidence.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
You know who makes the sims? EA. If you know how to play the sims...
You get to play god, to put it simply..you create them, you create their lives...

Interesting correlation to consider since we know companies like to use questionable logos & named here and there..

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by LightWarrior11

Good point never really thought of it that way. Anything with Enlil...maybe a demolition company.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Enlil was the god of air,wind and. Storms.

The ENLIL (Sumerian god of windi) code is a numerical model for simulations of the ambient corotating solar windii as well as transient disturbances throughout the inner and mid heliospherei.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
One example of bias in the old testament is the way they describe the Phillistines(sea people's) who Came in and invaded Caanan or modern day Israel. The Israelites were forced into the middle region in Caanan as they were invaded. This set up what the Israelites felt was their right to the promised land as they had been Pushed out of their own land and felt they had the right to their land Caanan and that any means of war was justified in regaining their land because it was their right.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
When the Chaldeans took over Israel there was a resolve of the Jews too keep their culture separate from the Babylonians so they wouldn't become mixed with other cultures.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
We keep having 'final battles' and nothing happens, no return of Jesus nothing so why keep fighting between good and evil when nothing comes out of it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join