It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All US Wars Over!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by conar

Sad to say this but if all US troops came home your economy would die a death quick as you like. Understand this people. Your goverments say we will bring the troops home etc but the fact is wars make money. I know some are going to come back saying "but we spend x amount on this war and that war". Iraq's oil output will quickly pay it back. Even if the war costs a thousand trillion there is more than 7 times that available in oil at todays prices.

Take into account the amount of US businesses that have employees working there (200 000 for DoD alone) and then factor in unemployed soldiers, well you can see where this is going.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedom12

##SNIP##
No other candidate would bring the all the troops home BUT Dr Ron Paul. Obama has expanded the world conflict, all while winning a Nobel Peace Prize. Amazing! Romney won't. Rick Perry and M Bachman won't. Hermain Cain? LOL. Sarah Palin? You becha, she won't.

While I have often wished Ron Paul had more of a "John Wayne Persona" instead of the wimpy kid I used ot have to protect from the bullies at school, it is what is inside Ron Paul that has motivated me to get involved in the political for the first time in my 39 years of voting. I am talking to everyone I come across but am not going to give specifics. One thing I will say is I now know 73 people who are going to vote for Ron Paul and many of them are doing the same as me..talking to people.

edit on Tue Aug 16 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: mod edit in quote

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by murch
reply to post by conar

Sad to say this but if all US troops came home your economy would die a death quick as you like. Understand this people. Your goverments say we will bring the troops home etc but the fact is wars make money. I know some are going to come back saying "but we spend x amount on this war and that war". Iraq's oil output will quickly pay it back. Even if the war costs a thousand trillion there is more than 7 times that available in oil at todays prices.

Take into account the amount of US businesses that have employees working there (200 000 for DoD alone) and then factor in unemployed soldiers, well you can see where this is going.

I am not sure if you ever served in the military but I have, my father is a retired AF Col and my son has just finished his 5 years of service. What you say is utter stupidity. If the manpower and resources of our US Military were focused on rebuilding America the way we talk about helping countries we have destroyed, ours would be the greatest nation on earth again in our lifetime. If instead of building Missiles, they turned their brains upon alternative energy; on rebuilding our infrastructure, upon rounding up all the illegal aliens (put a shiver up your spine?) Our resources, if focused on our own country could turn our country into a garden. If instead of destroying..creating and building..that is what I am talking about.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I want Ron Paul too but this election has been decided awhile ago, Rick Perry is your new president. Not a big follower of Alex Jones but in his film he talks about Perry going to the Bilderburg Group meeting, he has been chosen. I will still write in Ron Paul on the ballot because its the right thing to do

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

"Here's some things you Ron Paulites need to understand: "

Wouldn't vote for anyone who associates with a criminal organization like the GOP or DNC.. but I understand what these "bases" are about and would have zero qualms closing every last one of them.

At one time their purpose might have been protecting America.. even if by some strange twist of logic.. but these days they're little more than oligarch tools to intimidate/bribe, staffed with federal reserve mercenaries.

..these days, imo, US bases tend to be used more to foment sovereign nations into soviet-like satellite states.. totally useless to the average tax payer.

It'll never happen though, unless..perhaps, the oligarch controlled US govt goes tits up broke for real.. unfortunately the war mongers have won.. and will continue to win... their thumbs are pressed firmly on the tyrannical / "kill people for profits" side of the scales of "justice"...

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by SheopleNation

I suspect that Rick Perry is a psychopath..

Without a doubt my friend. That's required by the puppet masters in order to execute their agenda. Just look at Obama, Mr. antiwar bombing Lybia? Just another hand picked puppet. Perry is definitely their Man. Rest assure, That Tea Party fraud Bachmann will be their VP. ~SheopleNation

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
The US war is only just about to begin, throughout history no superpower has given up its status without a fight and America is on the cusp of losing that status. I will give it 5 years before the US is at war with China

And what about the Soviet Union? I guess I missed the apocalyptic war that happened when the USSR crumbled. I think your statement serves as proof at how fooled the public is by all of the fear-mongering. The U.S. WILL NOT go to war with China. Globalization has made it too costly for any superpowers to go at it these days. Rather, future wars will continue to focus on exploiting weaker nations and their resources.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by murch

LOL yeah, because we're getting sooo much oil from Iraq, right? We get almost nothing from Iraq, we get more from Algeria, and 3 times more from Nigeria. The little oil we get from Iraq doesn't come close to making up for the cost of being over there.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Double
edit on 16-8-2011 by OMsk3ptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by battlestargalactica
Yea Ron Paul is the man. Now though, the media machine, bought and paid for, is pushing their posterboy, Rick Perry to the forefront.

We must get RonPaul elected or doom is imminent it seems, I just added some funds to: www.ronpauldonate.org... to help the cause..

Is that a legit site? It may very well be, but it seems fishy. It says that all contributions will be kept confidential, but isn't that against the law for campaign contributions? I would recommend going to directly to his campaign site at www.ronpaul2012.com... to make sure your money is going to the right place.
edit on 16-8-2011 by killuminati2012 because: Forgot a question mark

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by killuminati2012

The US war is only just about to begin, throughout history no superpower has given up its status without a fight and America is on the cusp of losing that status. I will give it 5 years before the US is at war with China

And what about the Soviet Union? I guess I missed the apocalyptic war that happened when the USSR crumbled. I think your statement serves as proof at how fooled the public is by all of the fear-mongering. The U.S. WILL NOT go to war with China. Globalization has made it too costly for any superpowers to go at it these days. Rather, future wars will continue to focus on exploiting weaker nations and their resources.

El WrongO bro. The International Bankers will start a war with Red China in order to get out of their debt to them. As a bonus, They will get the prize of controlling and raping the Chinese economy and markets. ~SheopleNation

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorKarma

Originally posted by murch
reply to post by conar

I am not sure if you ever served in the military but I have, my father is a retired AF Col and my son has just finished his 5 years of service. What you say is utter stupidity. If the manpower and resources of our US Military were focused on rebuilding America the way we talk about helping countries we have destroyed, ours would be the greatest nation on earth again in our lifetime. If instead of building Missiles, they turned their brains upon alternative energy; on rebuilding our infrastructure, upon rounding up all the illegal aliens (put a shiver up your spine?) Our resources, if focused on our own country could turn our country into a garden. If instead of destroying..creating and building..that is what I am talking about.

Sir I respect your families service and also agree with what you say. Unnfortunately what you describe is dismantling the military industrial complex in the US, the most powerful in the worrld and the singlemost powerful institution in your country. We both kknow this is not happening if they can prevent it.

I am talking about realism. Your economy in its current condition cannot support itself without the oil supplies coming from abroad. This is fact. I wish it was otherwise but its true. You do not see the entire balance sheet of your goverment for a reason. Why else would Obama ramp up the war in Afghanistan. There are gains that you need.

War is always for a reason and these days its fiscal.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
One of the candidates should DEMAND now, EARLY that this election will be a paper election!

Backed up by email verified voting

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SheopleNation

El WrongO bro. The International Bankers will start a war with Red China in order to get out of their debt to them. As a bonus, They will get the prize of controlling and raping the Chinese economy and markets. ~SheopleNation

The "international bankers" are not the US. The international banks are not the ones in debt to China. It's much more complicated than you're making it out to be, and your black-and-white views are what help perpetuate the beating of the war drums.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by freedom12

Do we really need political threads that are built for advertising or promoting a candidate?

Something to think about.

edit on 8/16/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Have we ever seen the people this united? Not only on this site, but all over the internet (and on the ground in Iowa
), people from every walk of life are sick of the games, and the staged divisions. It's refreshing, isn't it? I'm not seeing very much "looney liberal" this, or "crazy conservative" that. With the exception of course of posters who hit and run an Establishment talking point, then disappear. Seems the ideas of personal freedom and truly taking our country back from the Establishment are spreading fast.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by OMsk3ptic

Err not how it works. As long as the companies extracting have some sort of US connection the US benefits. The main money is not what is already being worked on its what is yet to be discovered. Iraq is pressumed to be one of if not the moost oil rich countries in the world. After all the Wests hard work I don't think tthey will be giving that up.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

Ron Paul has a consistent voting record and stands by what he says, period. If we REALLY want a change in this country we need elect someone that has proven himself to be a man of his word and Dr. Paul has clearly done that time and time again. I think most of us would have a to agree that it's time to end these silly wars and bring the troops home and start taking care of our problems within the boarders of the United States and stop trying to push our agenda on everyone else. Dr. Paul will be the man to do just that and much more for this country if we give him the chance.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

The "international bankers" are not the US. The international banks are not the ones in debt to China. It's much more complicated than you're making it out to be, and your black-and-white views are what help perpetuate the beating of the war drums.

El wrongO again. The International Bankers are the U.S because they own and control the U.S. Hey, This just in! They bailed out foreign banks (which they own and control as well) with our tax payer dollars. They own and control most of the World, other than China. They already got their foot dipped into China's markets, but that's only because of all the companies they have set up to do business there. Oh and uh, me telling the truth is not trying to "perpetuate the beating of war drums". I stand against offensive driven Wars. Obviously you do not understand who these lunatics are and what they are capable of. That's ok, it's not your fault. Believe what you like. This is one Man's opinion. However, Make no mistake about it, you will soon come to realize that what I have said here was correct, and you will come to the realization that wow, That SheopleNation dude was right. ~SheopleNation

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join