It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Bachman Paid for Votes at Iowa Straw Pole!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I would like to say that I think most polls are just crap in general. Most of the time there are to many variables to make a poll consistently accurate. I do not believe that the people of America have the power to fairly vote a politician into office. Big Business and Corporate Lobbying most certainly do. Our crooked politics, voting practices and media have made it almost impossible for the American people to elect a politician into office.

Recently in the Iowa Straw pole Ron Paul came in second place. Michelle Bachman won this poll by about two thousand total votes. Straw poles are basically a fundraiser for the gop party. To vote you have to pay between 30 to 40 dollars. Again Ron Paul lost by two thousand votes. What the public doesn't know Michelle Bachman gave away 6000 votes to the people of Iowa.

Again another poll which was taken down from fox news put Ron Paul well ahead of everyone. And was later put back up. When the Straw poll was over Michelle Bachman was the victor. Though the Fox Poll had Ron Paul ahead by a marginal lead.

I know that one poll shouldn't have anything to do with the other. But it does. The public speaking out and telling the world that Ron Paul (on the fox News poll) should have clobbered all of the other candidates. But to my surprise and many others Michelle Backman took the show.

I watched the debate. And Ron Paul with out a doubt, hit it out of the park on 99% of his answers (shown by audience applause). Michelle Bachman just argued with Pawlenty almost the entire time. So how did she win this straw pole? She bought the people of Iowa 4000 free votes! Yup that's how she won this straw pole.

See article here. Bachman Buys Votes

The straw poll in my opinion should have looked more like this. (top five)

1. Ron Paul
2. Newt Gingrich
3. Hermen Cain
4. Michelle Bachman
5. Tim Pawlenty

Just thought this was important to point out. I still think polls are crap, but when I see a cheater. Someone needs to know.

Update. This is standard practice. Ron Paul lost by 125 votes and gave away 4000 tickets. Bachman gave away 6000. So the straw polls are crap.

So again it comes down to money.

Who gave tickets away

edit on 15-8-2011 by bftroop because: New Information

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Your link proves nothing. Her campaign bought 4,000 tickets to the event not 4,000 votes. While reasonable to expect there is no evidence the people who received those tickets voted for her. I'm sure other candidates bought tickets for supporters but the article doesn't mention them. Typical ATS deception and misinformation.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by bftroop
See article here. Bachman Buys Votes

See previous thread here. BUSTED! Bachmann rigged Iowa poll by buying "at least" 4,000 votes.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by wasco2

Ron Paul gave out 4000 tickets and Bachman gave away 6000. Last link on the post. So if Paul gave away less tickets than Bachman. And Paul lost by about 125 votes. I would say Paul won that poll.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Yes I am aware of the post. I did do a search before I posted and nothing was found. Why I posted it.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Ron Paul also "gave away" over 4,000 tickets.

Paul’s campaign gave out 4,750 tickets to straw poll voters, his campaign chairman, Jesse Benton, told The Daily Caller.
Source

So the argument seems to be who gave away the most free tickets that otherwise cost $30.00. So why are you outraged that Bachman gave away a substantial number of tickets when Paul did exactly the same thing? The total number of votes was somewhat over 16,000, so half the voters either got their tickets somewhere else or actually paid for them. Anyone who takes this poll seriously is insane.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Like I said I think polls are crap either way. But just thought the numbers were kind of funny. I believe Paul is just being pushed to the side for preaching the proof. I'm not angry about it. Just really tired of things not being straight forward.

Again another poll tainted by something other than truth. I'm sure they didn't post any of this information on CNN or Fox

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Please add to existing thread.

Closed.

new topics

top topics

join