It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is anyone else tired of Coast to Coast AM's militaristic/nationalistic bullcrap?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I think I now know why the mainstream media allows Coast to Coast AM to air --- they are suckups to the system. Last night when Ian Punnett was on, he was talking about the Navy Seals and this person called in and said that a military man had told him that he had proof that Bin Laden died 5 years ago from organ failure, and Ian dismissed it, calling it a "drunk army story" or something like that. It gets worse though - Ian had the audacity to challenge the caller to tell a Navy Seal that!!! The whole "say that to a military hero and see if he doesn't kick your ass" routine basically. Shocking to hear something like that from a devoutly Christian man, though not really surprising.

We all know how much contempt Art Bell has for the 9/11 truth movement, and how George Noory always kisses the feet of anyone who's ever been in the army and how he's always talking about how America is the best country on Earth. I don't know, normally I would respect their opinion, but for 3 people who are supposed to be leaders of the new enlightenment, it seems fishy that they worship the United States and the US Military so much when they have had so many guests come on and say how corrupt the military/industrial complex is. IMO Art, George and Ian should be insisting that people no longer join the US Military since doing so is only helping the machine.

I'm not so cynical as to say I think C2CAM is a disinfo project but I really wish they would cut this rah-rah, America f-yeah trash. It's the 21st century, we should care about all of humanity, not just the United States, and it's obvious these wars are not being fought to protect our freedom or life.

I'm still a Coastie but I'm getting pretty sick of their unconditional worship of the military and government.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
On another note, I'm sick of tired of hearing about George Noory's prostate.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by m1991

I can't say I have heard much on C2C about the military or his prostrate
. But then again, I don't work the night shift either.

When I do get a chance to listen, it always seems to be some cat who can jump to parallel universe or forward/back in time.

Occasionally a ghostie or UFO storyline.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by m1991

I can't say I have heard much on C2C about the military or his prostrate
. But then again, I don't work the night shift either.

When I do get a chance to listen, it always seems to be some cat who can jump to parallel universe or forward/back in time.

Occasionally a ghostie or UFO storyline.

LOL he always has these prostate health commercials. It's kind of funny/awkward. But no whenever a military person comes on he's always like "thank you for your service". It just annoys the crap out of me because I KNOW that we haven't fought a just war since at least WW2, and possibly not ever depending on what WW2 was really about. Plus, I feel like someone who hosts Coast to Coast should realize by now that the military and all the decor surrounding it is a scam just like organized religion is.
edit on 14-8-2011 by m1991 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by m1991

Is anyone else tired of Coast to Coast AM's militaristic/nationalistic bullcrap?

Personally, I find that the show has bent a bit towards the mainstream... which is disappointing. But I don't see the militarism and I have no problem with nationalism whatsoever.

What can I say... I like red meats, fat ceegars, cold beer, subjects of the paranormal and being an American.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Personally, I find that the show has bent a bit towards the mainstream... which is disappointing. But I don't see the militarism and I have no problem with nationalism whatsoever.

What can I say... I like red meats, fat ceegars, cold beer, subjects of the paranormal and being an American.

My problem with nationalism is that imo it's wrong to consider people of your own nation more important than other people. It's basically the same conceptually as racism and it's one of the main reasons war exists. There's no logical reason to consider Americans more important than Europeans or Africans or whatever. At least if you're talking about your family and putting them first it makes sense based on the fact they are biologically programmed to care more about you.

With that said, there's nothing wrong with loving your country. I just don't think any country is worth dying or killing for. Culture is great and all but in the end it's a material thing.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Sounds like a worth cause with a lot of potential. Have a lot of folks signed-up/shown interest? I'm in the UK, but it's good to know these things exist.

Peace

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
No, I stopped listening to that nonsense a long time ago.

While I'm sure some of the guests are genuine, most are just charlatan's and con-artists in my assessment.

The hosts are obnoxious pricks.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
It's more like the old story.."There were a series of Radio Commercials,and A Radio Show Broke through" like there was a fight and a hockey game broke out.

I think that show must have about 15minutes of content per hour now.

I can't listen anymore.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
You inserted "militristic/nationalistic" into the sentence. It is not needed.

CTC AM is a joke. I remember listening about web bot and astrology. Noory seems to add in any guest and pretends to find interest in anything, no matter how absurd.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by m1991
....I KNOW that we haven't fought a just war since at least WW2....

Who is 'we'?

Are you military man? I doubt you are.

Why don't you go down to the VA and tell some of those men they weren't in a war.

Tell them how being a civilian you know all about war and how they weren't in one. Then tell us how that goes over (once you are all healed up of course).

link   
reply to post by m1991

As far as I'm concerned, if a person is against the war but isn't protesting or doing something to stop it then they have no right to tell others not to join or to be a general nuisance. While I have been against the war in Iraq, I am not sure about Afghanistan - have my doubts because of the nature of the conflict. But I don't feel so strongly about it that I want to protest. The reason is because I feel these wars have a purpose. Their purpose is to reduce the growth of terrorism through various means. The fuzziness about whether I support it or don't support it happens when I crunch the numbers in my head. The resulting calculation pushes me away from supporting it, not because I think the war doesn't have a purpose, but because I don't think it pays for itself. But beyond my feelings about the war, I still respect people in the military and if I were the guy on talk radio like Ian Punnet, I'd probably react similarly. I think i'd let my thoughts be known, but I'd still be grateful that there're men and women dedicating themselves to the purpose of reducing terrorism and bringing order to torn nations. I forgive the technical errors because those are just my opinion, and I cannot tell others how to live their lives either.

I'm 34. I've had plenty of time to see how opinions are like life on earth. There're so many. I don't know why my brain tells me that the war doesn't pay for itself. I don't know why congress and the president have consistently supported it through both administrations. I don't know why we believed the whistleblower who warned us about WMD (and turned out to be wrong) or why we are so steadfast, but I do know one thing: the wars have a purpose, and the debate is mostly drawn around the technical details of the costs and budgeting. I think if we polled the nation, the costs would be the most important thing. It wouldn't be about whether the war is right or wrong. But that's, ofc, just my opinion. The country has to decide what happens, not me. I'm only 1.

Remember, people in the military dedicate themselves to serving. Whether we're in a war that you agree with or not, the people wearing a uniform are putting their lives in danger. They watch even as their friends have died during hte conflict. Many of them have family members or a grandpa that served. Their reasons for for serving run deep. Without people like them, we would have no means of defense or ability to assist our allies abroad. When I see a servicemen, I see someone who has given himself to the cause, and won't surrender until forced. They follow the cause with unflinching dedication. There's a humbleness about it; a innocence. It kind of symbolizes what happens between childhood and adulthood: a certain amount of sacrifice.
edit on 14-8-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by m1991

My problem with nationalism is that imo it's wrong to consider people of your own nation more important than other people. It's basically the same conceptually as racism and it's one of the main reasons war exists.

Speaking just for myself again, I have no problem at all seeing that my family is more important to me, personally, than a complete stranger. I have a vested interest in them... called love. It trumps a lot of other, more generic things.

In my view, my nation is the next step in the progression. I care more for my fellow Americans than I do for those in... say, Lower Slobovia. If it came down to it, I would fight and die to protect my nation and those Americans therein.

I guess that last part is where the nationalism comes in. I don't think Americans are better than anyone else, or more important in the eyes of the Almighty, but they have a step up on the rest of the world on that strictly personal level.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by m1991

i too am getting a little tired/bored with coast2coast. it seems lately that they have non-topics that have little interest to me. i really dont care about a sensative who can heal my guinnea pig!!!
ian sucks,but i can handle george alot better. where i live,on friday nite,we get some clown on the radio with a show called 'somewhere in space',and its godawful horrible! dont listen to this!

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I guess one could always stop listening to it?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

....I KNOW that we haven't fought a just war since at least WW2....

Who is 'we'?

Are you military man? I doubt you are.

Why don't you go down to the VA and tell some of those men they weren't in a war.

Tell them how being a civilian you know all about war and how they weren't in one. Then tell us how that goes over (once you are all healed up of course).

You missed a key word there. m1991 typed "just war", not "war". And there you go, disagreeing and being a bit like Ian Punnet, telling m1991 to go talk to some vet and get pummeled or some such thing.

Anyhow, back to the topic, I agree with OP that Ian Punnet is a bit of a twit. The few times I listen to his broadcast, when he disagrees with a caller's opinion, or just doesn't want to talk about something on "open lines", he talks over the, and is generally quite the rude dick and just hangs up. I never cared for his style. I usually will listen to the guy on Sunday nights, he at least keeps an open mind, the times I've listened to his show.
edit on 14-8-2011 by kyred because: cuz i did

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Remember, people in the military dedicate themselves to serving. Whether we're in a war that you agree with or not, the people wearing a uniform are putting their lives in danger. They watch even as their friends have died during hte conflict. Many of them have family members or a grandpa that served. Their reasons for for serving run deep. Without people like them, we would have no means of defense or ability to assist our allies abroad. When I see a servicemen, I see someone who has given himself to the cause, and won't surrender until forced. They follow the cause with unflinching dedication. There's a humbleness about it; a innocence. It kind of symbolizes what happens between childhood and adulthood: a certain amount of sacrifice.
edit on 14-8-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

I disagree. Do you respect Nazi soldiers then, and SS officers? I'm sure many of them, including people who participated in the Jewish Holocaust, were driven by the same things American soldiers are, such as Grandpaw being in a war, etc.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by JennaDarling

You're missing the point. I still find the show entertaining, though it has definitely gone downhill and the ratings show that, but I think when you consider C2C in a way speaks for the entire paranormal and indeed the entire non-mainstream/spoon-fed population, they should be a little bit more questioning of militarism and American patriotism. I'm sorry if it offends anyone but our military is NOT a force of good. TBH, while I feel bad for their families and friends and anyone dying is sad, I could care less about the 30 Navy Seals who downed, relative to the hundreds of thousands of victims of both of our wars.

What I just said is very politically incorrect but it has to be said.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by JennaDarling

You're missing the point. I still find the show entertaining, though it has definitely gone downhill and the ratings show that, but I think when you consider C2C in a way speaks for the entire paranormal and indeed the entire non-mainstream/spoon-fed population, they should be a little bit more questioning of militarism and American patriotism. I'm sorry if it offends anyone but our military is NOT a force of good. TBH, while I feel bad for their families and friends and anyone dying is sad, I could care less about the 30 Navy Seals who downed, relative to the hundreds of thousands of victims of both of our wars.

What I just said is very politically incorrect but it has to be said.

So learn to fitler out things you dont like with your brain and think for yourself?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join