It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'White chavs have become black': David Starkey TV outburst provokes race row as he claims Enoch Po

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
the uk has fallen,

it has imploded beyond repair.

i love the uk but now you are getting what is coming to you for many years of oppression and aggression.

talk about martial law, gov is commin down hard and that's a good thing.

well, sorta. hows it feel?

don't need guns to kill people, right?

cars will work.

eta; now everyone is black? is that what they mean? the us would never say that.
edit on 14-8-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB

Historian David Starkey remained defiant last night after provoking a race storm by claiming the recent riots happened because too many young white people had ‘now become black’ ...

reminds me of the movie 'Pleasantville'... where an idyllic milktoast community evolves into those who are B&W and those of 'color'...
the irony of the situation that the 'whites only' turn out to be the biased, dullards does not excape me.... and might very well be appropos in this developing situation of flash mobs...

wonder why he did not use the term 'radical jihadist' instead of 'black'...
being that the radical jihadists fill the bill of being nihilists and destructive to a dispassionate outside observer,
or would that have brought a Fatwa upon him ??
edit on 14-8-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Homedawg
This guy is smart...he has his finger on the pulse of whats happening and he is 100% correct...too many have gone over to the dark(ie) side
edit on 8/14/2011 by Homedawg because: dawgsbaine

MODs please remove this vile comment.

I cannot report at the moment as I am on a smartphone so I would appreciate if someone could alert the MODs

Thanks

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Whats lacking in all these threads is the suggestion of armed air patrols over the gang infested areas,looking for the indication of criminal activity....thermal cams will show whats being hid and on-the-spot ground forces could be directed into the areas for follow-up/clean-up duties...the "gang problem" only requires a little hard hand application for a few months til they get the message that groups of people of any color will not be allowed to congregate and break the law...crackdowns are coming...its best to get ready for it now

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

"Gang culture isn't a racial identity or colour-scheme; there are gangs all over the world with differences. " this very true, we should not attach race to the debate. "The UK gangs emulating the gang culture of the US has its roots in a few areas and media and immigration are two strong suspects." this is true, and yes is this product of popularizing and glamourizing gang culture in music and media such as rap music, violent movies etc.. poet license without censor and justification.

Now i know rap is popular all over the world, one thing all it's follower have, is poverty caused by intense rebellian and wanten separitism, this group of people feel they should be treated differently to others, that their calling is being ignored, that authority = enslavement to the state. this group of followers do not see authority in the sense we do as in "keeping our society safe, protecting our freedoms and rights and national and pesonal interests".

so in a nut shell, they are poor from appauling parenthood, where govenments intervene at the bare minimum, there is no "real" law on what is "the right way to raise children", if the child is mis-guided from their parents, they too will repeat the cycle with progression in the wrong direction, that child will grow up into an adult to hate authority, be a non-achiever, would have either failed school or been expelled from school, will not find work because the wage isnt to their requested standard, will rely on state handouts and then complain about being poor.

Here's the equation:

authority+education+good morals+ambition= good income+ security for the family+a stable and growing future and social intergration+ foundations for your future children,=a positive attitude to pass down and maintains future family wealth,status,education,social placement.

now you dont need an education to undertand the above! this group of people across the world, rebel to it's entirety of the above equation example, they become parasites or locusts, feeding off everyone else, why?

because they can! make the provision, they will use it! All this polical correctness has left us fearing making crutial positive changes in society for the better of the wider populus, governents are overtly fucused on the minorities needs and deaf to the majority voice (im not referencing to race here, but instead social standing)

both the UK and US pussyfoot around these topics for fear they are targeting race and it's culture, but what if it's just a culture that is bad for society in general, what if that culture is disembling popular and trusted moral codes, what if that culture is detrimental to national growth and security, as with any culture; attitude, behaviour and tradition is inherent by the influence of that culture, the future of that culture is entirely dependent on the strength of the influence in future generations.

do i need to state what the influences are? why are both the UK and US ignoring it and not doing anything to stamp it out!

edit on 14-8-2011 by technologicalsingularity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Watch this it might explain where street culture was heading before these riots, it was always there anyway in the slang language and attitudes of this generations young people.

Its a funny video but holds some social truths.

edit on 14-8-2011 by The time lord because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Why should we give a crap what some racist thinks? Does he hold a position that can effect our lives?
You guys are being bigots. Let that man believe what he wants - he isn't hurting anyone.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bleeeeep
reply to post by EvanB

Why should we give a crap what some racist thinks? Does he hold a position that can effect our lives?
You guys are being bigots. Let that man believe what he wants - he isn't hurting anyone.

I would read the op first before you comment.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
He's right in that there is a growing population of young white men becoming gangsta thug wannabes. I'm not sure blaming the riots on any one specific color is the right thing to do, however. I think they need to dig a little deeper for the cause than that.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

I read it. I should have separated my comments. Since I replied to your op, I should have made it clear that I was addressing you specifically with, "why should we care what a racist thinks". I hit enter for a carriage return to separate my ideas, but it still looked as if I was labeling you specifically as being a bigot. Sorry for the confusion.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I blame Evolution lack of human spirit taught from it.

Lack of hope to knowing God which brings on material love of the world.

Lack of parenting and respect for human life, lack of manners.

No inspirational literature about suffering and doing the right thing about it.

Too much hate music much about how a godless person goes about their suffering and getting angry at the world.

Combining other gods and cultures, creating separation from the majority which creates a dividing line between the two.

Bad, wicked, sick are words that are respected and seen as good, use of language turned upside down.

Crime from abroad respected.

European countries follow suit economic break down bring more crime.

Not enough time to deal with social healing, no one knows each other like they used to or feel ashamed to rob their neighbour.

I could be wrong but here are some suggestions, many could be added.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I don't believe it has anything to do with colour, their is good and bad in all races, but i have been saying for years if you barred the once who get influenced from films going to Blockbusters, i wouldn't have to keep on listening to the garbage any of them talk or get up to, i think the gang and gangster culture is starting to get very boring, and i think most of them know it................

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Starkey is not racist and neither was Enoch Powell, they both stated cultural changes they perceived to be coming or having occurred in racial terms.

The rivers of blood speech never once said because these people are black x will happen it said the cause of this seismic change in society will be caused by those who happen to be black. Likewise Starkey is saying that the white youths are the cause of todays societal changes because they want to ape behaviour most characteristically seen amongst young black men. I think the sentiment, not necessarily the sensationalist headlines of both time periods, is that the erosion of society and cultural standards is due to one group or another behaving in a certain way.

We have always had gangs of white people in the UK, football supporters for example or crime gangs taht have manifested behaviour that was outside of the law, yet the sentiment always seemed to be that the behaviour was still predominantly within some code of 'honour'. The different behaviour demonstrated by the gangs populated by the black youth in the UK has seen a different perspective of their actions as at the bottom line the perspective is that they value human life less than is acceptable, with 'innocents' being murdered alongside the gangsters. Starkey is saying this 'culture' has become aspirational and normal for young whites and is still deplorable whoever the racial protagonists are.

I see both as talking in erosion of cultural standards only not as racists. ALL IMHO

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB

I was reticent at posting this, but I realised my reticence was a product of politically correct progamming so overided myself.

I also think this is worthy of intelligent discussion, and by intelligent I mean not an excuse to be racist or vile

I will report all racist comments

That being said, I do not think David Starkey was being racist by his comments but was telling the truth.
I have experienced his views first hand and believe that gang culture has pervaded our society with violent music, games, even language.

I also believe that it is a nihlistic culture that totally dispenses of responsabilty till we get to the point of a feral underclass that is devoid of any natural affection, morals and empathy.

It seems that any excuse is used to act up violently and participate in criminality.

The differences between gang style culture, western and Asian were put on display for all to see over the last week.

One black man gets executed by the police. This man was known to have gangland links all over England. A riot ensues, then is used as an excuse for criminality.

3 Asian men get murdered by feral scum, note there were no riots. A white old man gets murdered by feral scum, again no riots.

The difference in the actions of the communities screams very loudly.

Was Starkey being racist? No, I just think he was telling the truth

www.dailymail.co .uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

What does "acting black" mean? Does that imply blacks are replicated humanoid robots programmed to act "black" with no individual personality or emotions. This is classic dehumanization/depersonalization tactics. He got called on it.

Groups of humans do not have a default set behavior. We are not androids or dogs. We learn how we are over time. We adapt to the environment.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by micmac08

Agreed there are good and bad in all races and in all ranks of society. The point being when

a white person is caught or stopped that is all par for the course and it goes un noticed. But in

this politically correct day and age when the same thing happens to a black person out comes

the racist card.

This is also true in the case of employment often the best person for the job dosen't get it

because there is a quota of vacancies that have to be filled by 'ethnics' I read somewhere

some time ago that the BBC is very hot on this.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

i agree totally,i am not racist,but they take on traditionally black (uk) mannerisms,speech patterns,vocabulary and even the walk.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

Lets put it another way

Immitation being the highest form of flattery, see the music videos gloryfying gang culture, films etc and think its cool.

A lot of black people have a very cool presence and style that impressionable people try and immitate. You see that in fashion, music all types of media.

The black gangsta style has been adopted by millions of people world wide which is bad considering how destructive and self defeating the lifestyle is.

Its anti law, anti education, its about attaining wealth criminally, and many caught in its web have great difficulty getting out of it even risking their safety.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
In all the videos and reports I have seen, I can't fathom how any one race could be labeled as the problem. It was the citizens of the UK that rioted. Then the PC crowd spewed it's 'Ideas' of what transpired and did what they do best. They tried to divide and cause more unrest and proclaimed the 'Reasons' they thought best to further their political and social ideas! In doing so they got more 'NEWS' to report and keep their good for nothing jobs! The last thing any of these clowns (BBC,ABC,NBC,ABC et all) want is for people to stop, look around and maybe notice that they are being manipulated by the Political Ruling Class and being foolish sheep. Heaven forbid they come to their senses and start to throw the damn politicos out in the street where they belong!

Zindo
edit on 8/14/2011 by ZindoDoone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I expect our lowest common denominator to arrive and get the thread shut down at some point. I would be elated to be surprised and find different.

Regardless, this all boils down to a poor choice of metaphor in a hypercharged politically correct society. Kandinsky gave the perfect argument for how this is racism, even sublime racism. However, it does nothing to overcome the notion that this gentleman was using a metaphor that is relevant to the culture that was his audience.

In America, when you say "gang", you think most often of male youths, most likely black or hispanic (at least, in my town). "Mafia" conjures up the Italians. "Mafioso" is the Mexican Cartels (at least, around here).

I am unclear on English gang culture, but suspect that it is very similar to the US (for the reasons Kandinsky described). Thus, it would seem that this guy was just commenting on the fact that, in England, it seems that there is an increase of white youths "ganging up" (again, i do not know if this is true).

Was he denigrating black people? Or was he simply observing that gang have, historically (in his culture) been a mostly black phenomenon?

It isn't the words that matter. It is the intent. That is the great folly of political correctness, which is always looking at a dirty, underhanded intellectual jab through the manipulation of word vs. intent.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Has there ever been riots of the same nature as the one in the UK - riots and looting which start by police killing someone?

Is it true that no matter where black culture is in the world, it will inevitably give rise to riots of the same nature as those in the UK?

Is materialism solely derived from black culture?

To say black culture is the problem is to be racist. That racism or belief is not a problem since he is not in any position to do anything with his beliefs, but to deny it is racism is ignorance.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join