It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bachmann wins Iowa Straw Poll!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by mossme89
On another note, if he have another economic collapse, or even a recession (which it looks like we might), it could dramatically shift the vote in Ron's favor.

Anybody care to comment?
edit on 14-8-2011 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

Why would it? The media will probably shift the vote over to Bachmann and her lame ass slogan she keeps repeating over and over at speeches: "ONE...TERM.....PRESIDENT!"

Well, Bachmann, here's my slogan:

"SHUT...THE...FU*K...UP!"

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
Why would it? The media will probably shift the vote over to Bachmann and her lame ass slogan she keeps repeating over and over at speeches: "ONE...TERM.....PRESIDENT!"

I like that slogan. As far as the media, social media has grown since the last time they drowned RP out. We have the means to spread the message to the masses, they don't control the message anymore. Only on TV, that's it. But many people spend just as much time on facebook or twitter as they do watching news. Even old people have facebook accounts to look at pics of their grandchildren. We have the means to reach them this time. We can't just roll over, we can have our own social media revolution, like Egypt did. TPTB better shut it down, cuz they don't control the message anymore, we need to fight like hell. This may be one of our last chances to get America back.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Section31

Originally posted by zacdam
reply to post by Section31

You're right!... Thankfully, those "mistakes" can and will only happen to Bachman and/or Perry as they have notions and dirt and baggage to hide. Ron Paul has been saying the same thing for 30+ years and has laid it all on the table before now. Bachman and Perry will still have the mind-field of their 'positions" to navigate while Ron Paul can hammer home the message of Life, Liberty... peace and prosperity!

What American doesn't want these things in their lifetime!?

Ron Paul is a breath of fresh air, but he is making some key mistakes. As a result of calling the United States militarized, Paul ended up doing some serious damage. After talking to some folks about the Iowa debate, I am getting the impression that Paul scared people away.

Some are predicting that Paul will drop out sooner than later.

Bachman may have won the Iowa poll, but the bigger battles are on the horizon.

edit on 8/14/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

I have to say my experience over the past few days has been quite different. I'm out there daily talking to people about Ron Paul and almost all of them were swayed toward him after watching the debate. I'm very encouraged by what I've heard since Thursday!

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

I like that slogan. As far as the media, social media has grown since the last time they drowned RP out. We have the means to spread the message to the masses, they don't control the message anymore. Only on TV, that's it. But many people spend just as much time on facebook or twitter as they do watching news. Even old people have facebook accounts to look at pics of their grandchildren. We have the means to reach them this time. We can't just roll over, we can have our own social media revolution, like Egypt did. TPTB better shut it down, cuz they don't control the message anymore, we need to fight like hell. This may be one of our last chances to get America back.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
There was a very slim margin and its a straw poll in her home state right? Its like Palin and Alaska. But after watching the debate and hearing the applause there was no doubth that he won the debate. But he was vague on the gay issue on some points.

But still i'm impressed by the critical questions even though many were as if they made them for each candidate. And Obama was the hate.

Is there a strong racial undertone in this election too?

Its amazing too see this from the outside since its so shocking how it doesnt change AT ALL from election to election.

But Ron has definently started to be even more adjustet to the republican voters. Good thing.

But for me its like the Family Guy episode where Louis is running for major and all she answers is; "9/11". The extact same thing in this debate with obama. Obamanation, obamacare, obamination. Just amazingly stupid.

Dammit how stupid many are.

This woman is lying and she has no understanding of the national economic and definently no understanding on the international level.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Section31

Paul wont drop out, he will run Independent. it is the REASON he is not pursuing his seat in the House in the next election. He cannot run concurrently as a Republican in the House and an Independent in the Presidential race. And he is also, essentially paving the way for his son, Rand. Paul has more supporters now than in 2008 and way more than 1998. And you can bet your bottom dollar that Rand will run in 2016, carrying the same message as his father. And by 2016, that message will probably have even more support than it has now. Deprogramming the masses takes time.

Paul will run for President one way or another, he has already paved the way for himself to be able to do that in regards to his House seat.

edit on 14-8-2011 by highpriestess because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by lost artistic

There was a very slim margin and its a straw poll in her home state right? Its like Palin and Alaska. But after watching the debate and hearing the applause there was no doubth that he won the debate. But he was vague on the gay issue on some points.

But still i'm impressed by the critical questions even though many were as if they made them for each candidate. And Obama was the hate.

Your spider sense is very accurate. Apparently the panel of questioners had been working on every single question that they would ask, for quite some time before the debate.

Is there a strong racial undertone in this election too?

You know, I don't see that, simply because Herman Cain is so popular. I really like him and his no nonsense answers. Poor guy has no chance, though.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ForeverDusk

I have to know sir, but is there a video of ron paul shaking his head at john mccain on youtube? I about cried in laughter looking at your photo just in awsomeness. and i think ron paul won for sure bachmann is a joke.

edit on 14-8-2011 by Daygone23 because: I spelt Im instead of in, simple mistake.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by mossme89
On another note, if he have another economic collapse, or even a recession (which it looks like we might), it could dramatically shift the vote in Ron's favor.

Anybody care to comment?
edit on 14-8-2011 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

I noticed this also. Its always a facepalm moment when she says it too.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
you guys do know that the Iowa Poll is worthless right? each candidate (besides Ron Paul as far as I know...) busses in people and pay them 30.00 dollars a piece to vote for them. The only reason Romney didn't win this poll is he decided not to spend any money on this straw poll. Not surprised Bachman won. Isn't she from Iowa? The Iowa straw poll has to be the most worthless Poll in the entire process. The entire thing is a fake.
edit on 14-8-2011 by Savage206 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Savage206
you guys do know that the Iowa Poll is worthless right? each candidate (besides Ron Paul as far as I know...) busses in people and pay them 30.00 dollars a piece to vote for them. The only reason Romney didn't win this poll is he decided not to spend any money on this straw poll. Not surprised Bachman won. Isn't she from Iowa? The Iowa straw poll has to be the most worthless Poll in the entire process. The entire thing is a fake.

Tell that to Tim Pawlenty.

Pawlenty Drops Out of Presidential Race After Disappointing Straw Poll Finish
edit on 14-8-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

Pawlenty quit, and most of his supporters wont join bachmann because she's nucking futs. Ergo they might join Paul.

In fact it will be interesting to see future polls. Because there's a strong chance Paul will outdo Bachmann as most sane republicans join Paul.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Mark my words: The next US president will be a zionist woman with allegiance to israel. You are doing well, america. Best thing for Americans would be, to move out of their country and let it be renamed Israel!

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I'm not an American citizen - I live in Greece. But for once i wish i was, so i could vote for Dr. Ron Paul. The American people have been lied to and misled for to long. I hope God will bless you all to make the right choice .. Go Paul - change USA, make the world a better place for our children !

First post. w00t !

edit on 15-8-2011 by Sephi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Savage206

I'm sorry but you really have no idea what you're talking about.

People need to be bussed in because they live too far and don't find it important to drive to such a far area just to vote and eat some carnival food. They receive free entrance to the carnival/vote as an incentive. They may or may not vote for the person that bussed them in, that is why robocalls/phone banking is usually done to see which candidates the people most likely will vote for.

The Iowa Straw poll is not entirely worthless and that is why Ron Paul paid the most money for the best spot in the area, which was $30k. Without this 2nd place straw poll (almost a win, down by 153 votes) so many people out there wouldn't accept that he is electable.

Get your facts straight, how is it fake?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Back to the OP... Bachman makes my skin crawl.

Now, I was a young republican in college.. 80's and grew up.. went more libertarian and have been some sort of fiscal conservative social liberal sorta libertarian the rest of my life. When I was a hard core young republican, these people you see today are not republicans any more than the dems of today resemble the dems of 20 or so yrs ago. Not that they were wholesome and great back then either, but its just a name theyre riding on and they obviously dont hold to the party tenets if you bother to figure out what those were. Back then when I was a repub, we'd have ran away screaming at the thought of Bachman or Romney.. or Scary Perry. Theyre zealots. True believers in the way that Obama is a true believer in what he is doing. Bush was a true believer... the mirror image of Obama.

The bizarre thing is that I am in contact with many many people in what I do. Its part political and part charitable, so we talk. Not ONE republican I speak to and not ONE independent I speak to think Bachman (or even Romney for the majority, its usually Paul with both the parties and some Cain) are remotely who theyd pick. SO tell me, how the hell did fox report that lunatic won?
Meh, rhetorical question.. dont bother answering.

Cant help it, like I said, the woman creeps me out. She has crazy eyes... like those deranged religious zealots. Heavens gate guy had those same eyes...

theweek.com...
www.carlkingcreative.com...

dammit.. I just scared myself again..

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Picked up the wall street journal this morning.

Referencing the IA Straw Poll I found Ron Paul's name mentioned once. One small sentence.

For some reason the rest of the article was focused on Romney and this new stooge from Texas, whatever his name is.

More of the same..

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Anybody just catch Jack Cafferty on CNN? They had just finished a segment about the GOP "front runners", and Bachmann winning the straw poll, etc., of course there was not ONE mention of Paul...then Cafferty came on, and immediately said, "on another note Wolf, Ron Paul finished 2nd in the Iowa straw poll, a VERY strong 2nd", then went on with his segment, but he looked completely disgusted. Go Cafferty!

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

Every time I hear her say "ONE.. TERM... PRESIDENT"... I can't help but think she is talking about herself were she to be elected...

On a side note though I knew she was going to win the straw poll as she is originally from Iowa..

So basically that's why I think it's a win for Ron Paul..

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

You may find it interesting that the bias is not just internal to the USA. On BBC Radio 4 news this evening the results were discussed and all candidates were mentioned by name except Ron Paul.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join