It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cone-ing Fad Is The New Planking

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Bored and stupid teenagers seem to have a new fad. They order ice cream at a drive through, and when the attendant hands them the cone they grab it by the ice cream in order to illicit a reaction. I don't really get why this is so amusing though a few videos I saw did give me a bit of a chuckle. Apparently some people will take the cone and just smash it onto the drive through window. I'm a little embarrassed for this generation right now.

In some of the videos I've seen the employees just flip out and either throw the remaining cone at the driver or just won't hand it over.

The 'Official' Cone-ing website

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

ohh myyy god. its true,,,there here,,,,,,,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

good movie if your old i guess,, u may get it.

lol

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

I think that is going to be what they refer to themselves as.
I barely remember that movie, only being disappointed by it.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
People are stupid who do this. Food service workers have enough bull to deal with, now some jerk comes through and grabs the cone unexpectedly, causing a sticky mess for the worker. I am sure these workers have all the time int he world to wash their hands a bunch of extra times due to selfish jokers like these and their not funny antics.

Just sad that anyone would participate in this fad.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
And the peak of human intelligence has been reached.

No need to search for the answers to the universe and our origins. It is officially a waste of time and doesn't make much sense to continue. If this is our offspring, we're not contributing very much anymore.

Ok, so I laughed...a little.

Where's a Pet Rock when you need one?

edit on 11-8-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Sometimes you just gotta laugh in life.

Btw, kids of all generations do stupid things. Well, not me...

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dance4Life
reply to post by jude11

I guess so, but to waste a perfectly good ice cream is so wrong.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I agree completely. This fad proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that no other life in the Universe (except God) could ever be smarterer than us.

I also laughed a little and sort of hate myself for it.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
We are over our idiot quota here on earth!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

I agree with you. I didn't find those video's to be funny at all. They are wasting perfectly good ice cream when there are staving kids all over the world who would love to have the luxury of eating it. It's sad that they would waste the food service workers time of making them a cone when they are just going to mess it up like that and not always take the whole cone.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
ugh, making your self look like a retard?
i dont get it. but hey some stranger on youtube called you a dumbass *high 5!*

though i like the internet, it has some bad side effects.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I have to say, after working at a number of McDonald's Drive Thru's: I would take 15 of these jokers before wanting to deal with the usual McDs customer. It's a blip in an otherwise uneventful day that would make you turn to your coworkers and go "WTF was that!" I would be laughing for the rest of the day.

Waste of food, but soft-serve isn't legit ice cream anyway.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
darwin award lol

wtf is wrong with kids today ?

lol how does this universe keep surprising me over and over again

very strange behavoir

i don't see the humor in it

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rocketgirl
They are wasting perfectly good ice cream when there are staving kids all over the world who would love to have the luxury of eating it.

Oh. My. God.

So you never waste food? Every time you cook a meal you eat 100% of it? You never throw away the unsavory bits? How dare you not eat the cartilage and bone marrow from that chicken, there are starving kids that would love to have the luxury of eating it.

People in this thread need to get over themselves, really. I'm sorry you can't step back from your doom and gloom worlds that you live in and just act ridiculous now and then. Lighten up, you live longer.

I don't think it's the most hilarious thing I've ever seen, I think it's pretty funny though. And no more "oh the poor food service workers" they aren't being rude to them, they are just grabbing an ice cream cone from the top instead of the bottom, it's not the end of the world. The nutcase at the window that just grabbed his cone from the top is probably the one funny thing that happens to these people during their day. And, the quote from a previous poster proves this:

Originally posted by JewelFlip
I have to say, after working at a number of McDonald's Drive Thru's: I would take 15 of these jokers before wanting to deal with the usual McDs customer. It's a blip in an otherwise uneventful day that would make you turn to your coworkers and go "WTF was that!" I would be laughing for the rest of the day.

People are making all sorts of comments about how stupid this is and what it shows about our civilization. I think some of the replies in this thread show us more about ourselves. Meaning, it shows some people take themselves so serious they can't just laugh at something stupid.

Whatever, carry on whining about people who are just having a little fun in their day.
edit on 11-8-2011 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
This is a cheap rip off of a game ... ive heard about ...
called bombs away.

You order 4 large cokes at a drive through, pay for them and drive up to the next window, then when the worker hands you 4 giant sized sodas on a tray you yell BOMBS AWAY! and throw the sodas back through the window.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Coning and planking and all the rest of the NEW! TRENDING! LATEST CRAZE! type games, hobbies trends and fads where you post your picture doing this or that is just a simple way for facial recognition software to build up a data base of faces.

People are stupid . com

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
this is a hilarious victimless crime.

This is a much better to the alternative where kids throw stuff.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dance4Life
reply to post by jude11

Thats right. We all gotta laugh and FACIAL RECOGNITION SOFTWARE that is being initiated to be used for and against you in the future needs to gather a database of a certain number of faces to form a base line and basis for comparison.

Kids do stupid things because they are trained and manipulated like Pavlovs Dog and spurred on by threads like this. Could be a plant and artificial device to spur on the behavior. Or the OP may be sincerely curious and presenting an "interest." You never know and that is how they get you. YOU VOLUNTEER TO HELP SET YOURSELF UP! So funny. Most people are stupid as well as easy to provoke and fairly predictable.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Just because there's a few youtube videos with people doing this doesn't mean it's "a new fad".

Old people are so quick t o judge young people. If you think we are so stupid, well, the only people to blame are the ones who raised us. Think about it.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Exactly why they could NEVER pay me enough to work at a McD's...Dealing with F****tards all day for minimum wage, they should just go robotic already. I can't stand dealing with A**hats like these.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join