It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London riot: What goes around comes around

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I thought this article hit the nail on the head, thought it had high value of interest and truth.

When a Third World country was faced with a riot or insurrection, the British government and other Western governments always supported the rioters and rebels, and always referred to the rioters as defenders of democracy and human rights. Thus far, the British government and Western governments' attitude toward such riots and rebellions in Third World countries has been one that only added oil to the fire by supporting the rioters and rebels. In a recent YouTube video widely circulated on the Internet, a BBC news anchor interviewed an old man on the street. The anchor asked the old man if he condoned the street rioting. The old man said that he supported the actions of the rioters. The old man also argued that it was not a riot and that it was an insurrection. He said the government and police have been mistreating the young people and it was time for the government and police to wake up and realize that there are consequences for mistreating people.

Just a reminder to those who are quick on the draw: This is NOT about the looter/looting, it's about the rioting and the reflection of the cause.

SOURCE

The interview mentioned is this

edit on 11-8-2011 by Skittle because: Added youtube link

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
hi op
cheers m8 well said
ive been saying this all along
media twisting it all the time
dave

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Skittle

There is nothing wrong with protests, marches, rallys. People need to use their voices to be heard.

Running around like idiots, breaking things, harming/killing people, robbing/looting establishments are NOT protests.

Lets not confuse the two.

What's happening in London and surrounding areas is an oppourtunistic attack on anybody or anything of value. They may use "protest" as an excuse, but that would be akin to me hitting you with a hammer and saying, "I was just brushing a fly off your head."

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
tribune.com.pk...

snip from link:

"It should have been universally condemned and not used, as the former mayor of London, Ken Livingstone, did, as an opportunity for cheap political point scoring. He described the riots as a ‘revolt’ against the government’s cuts in public services. This was baloney and mischief-making. If this was about cuts, why target local businesses, buses and services. One such business, a party shop in Clapham that was burnt down, gave all its profits to a charity called Street Kids Rescue."

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Skittle

Isn't it great how a source from outside the UK seems to think they understand the situation going on?

Ok, sarcasm over: This is just silly now. They really have no idea what they're talking about. They're comparing the riots here to the riots in Syria, Libya and so on.. and they completely forget the rioters here are a bunch of mindless thugs looking to loot stuff and cause damage. Those in other countries were rising up for their very freedom. Anyone who can't see the difference between the two and continues to compare is wildly misinformed. Sorry, but It's true.

(Btw Skittle, I'm not looking to go off topic and discuss the looters like you highlighted in your opening post here. But, there's really no getting away from the fact that Looters have to be discussed from your source. All of the above is my opinion and I stand by it)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Skittle

Hmm so the months of peaceful protests carried out by downtrodden citizens wanting to overthrow a corrupt dictator that eventually turns violent is the same as some drug dealing gang banger getting shot is it?

No.

The middle east protests involve people at the end of their tethers.

The UK riots involve idiots and thugs.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
They migrate to the UK voluntarily get on government assistance and then riot when its the middle class who gets wiped out... If they don't like it they should leave. Everything is staged everything is planned out and all sides are always controlled. The Freemasons, Rothschilds and Jews are going to eventually be blamed and take the fall for this unfortunately normal whites and torah / messianic jews are being blamed for the actions of their Satanic puppet masters. The NWO obviously needs someone to take the fall that is why the Rothschilds and Rockefellers are going to be sacrificed. Then people will cheer and applaud only when they introduce a new "benevolent" NWO.

Thats why there is so many news stories like the ugly betty actor who chopped up his mom with a masonic sword after going to a masonic ritual. Also thats why Lindsay Lohan says a Freemason is trying to kill her etc. Jay-z with his Rock-a-fella records etc and always talking about the illuminati, in the guise of destroying the NWO they will be creating their own one. If the media wanted to keep all this violent freemason stuff from being exposed then they would...Please don't fall for it, they're very clever and of course they need to find people to blame for the past 100 years etc.

Africa's 99% African
China's 99% Chinese ethnic groups

God forbid whites have the same right to their own territory as everyone else. I can't explain how sickening the Arab pedophile gangs in the UK who pimp out 10-12 year old white girls makes me feel. Men from the UK please get your stuff together!!! You should be completely ashamed of yourselves.

If diversity worked then areas in California that used to be 95% black 15 years ago would not be 95% Hispanic now. People self segregate. We are tribal by nature. You can't put two or more groups in the same country and not expect competition and groups looking after their own respective collective group. The reason why there are so many genocides in Africa is because they put two different tribes in the same country and they are forced to compete for power....

Diversity = The New World Order's covert genocide. Its brillaint because the victims do not even know they are being exterminated.

By the way this is all coming from someone who is part native american and who's favorite civil rights activist is black Reverend James Manning. Whites stop feeling so guilty! Talmudic Jew Kabbalistic Freemasons built America, (Torah and Messianic Jews are good people!) they exterminated the Native Americans and brought in the slaves. Only 1-3% of whites ever owned slaves. Arabs were enslaving blacks 1000 years before whites started enslaving them. Look at how much money you donate to Africa every year!!!!! Stop being so guilty for heaven's sake

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
The article, as much of the reporting from known oppressive regimes, gets the basic premise incorrect; no one is protesting the death of Mark Duggan, there have been no placards, no chants, nothing that could be described as protest.

There’s a huge difference between people making specific demands of an undemocratic regime and a group of people looting and making no demands whatsoever.

And Darcus Howe is a horrible little race baiter who has been arrested for rioting and has been convicted of assaulting a police officer.

If this was an insurrection by the poor mistreated and disenfranchised black youth as Darcus claims then why are they targeting shop keepers and not the police? Why are we seeing teaching assistants and university students turning up in courts? How does he explain the white faces in the crowd if this is about police racism?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
i agree the kids are running riot
but in all the hours of footage ive watched
and pics on f/b from people i know and friends of friends
i seen plenty of adults some around 40 ish
and you can see there the ones pushing the kids to do it
maybe some of them were paid to instigate this(spculating)
dave

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I think only people from the uk will truly understand what happened here.. Because they will more likely understand the members of our society which caused this..

It had absoloutly nothing to do with protesting..

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Even disregarding the false analogy which is used as the basis of this article, and the continuing lack of logic which is contained within it, just look at the source of this propaganda, I mean, opinion piece: China Daily.

Those in glasshouses...

link   

Originally posted by Skittle
Just a reminder to those who are quick on the draw: This is NOT about the looter/looting, it's about the rioting and the reflection of the cause.

I have not been able to separate the two. How did you manage to?
What exactly are they rioting for? I do not mean what started it but some old guy saying that cops mistreat the children is just not a strong enough case for all the destruction I have seen. I am more than ready to admit I am far removed and quite ignorant of what goes on in the UK.

link   
reply to post by davesmart

i seen plenty of adults some around 40 ish

Well obviously It's not solely going to be kids rioting here. To think so is foolish. But, the vast majority of rioters, from what I've seen anyway, have been young kids. This has also been the worst of the damage as well, such as breaking into shops in order to loot like we saw in Manchester a few nights ago. Gangs of kids in Toxteth, Liverpool charging the police and throwing stuff at them, and the same in London with the fires. The majority of the damage has been caused by those mindless idiots.

Sure some are older, but the majority are younger and there's no getting away from that. And before someone says I'm just hating of them because they're young.. I'm 18 myself. I'm in the target age group still. I also live in relatively poor community myself and guess what? I'm not out rioting. It's not fun for me and It's a shame It's fun for them. I look forward to seeing when they get what's coming to them.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Off topic here but you don't sound 18.

Take that as a compliment.

It's refreshing to see someone so young with their head screwed on good and proper...god I sound old now!

And I'm not even 30!!

edit on 11/8/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by johnd1987

Save your nonsense for the white man that stole your land and quit talking about africa, how ever much money people donate to Africa it will never be as much as people syphen out of africa,ie. oil, gold, diamonds, and other minerals.
One day the Africans will get control of there resources and it will be people like yourself that will end up with the begging bowl.
In all honesty the money you do donate is about enough to provide for 2-3 days a year

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Our Government are talking about looters but the real issue is hardship, yes England is a wealthy country and the version you see on tv is not the reality.
We have seen the city bankers destroy the finance of this nation and get paid millions to do so, the lower working class (unemployable) have just said F**k you.
Its only been a year or two when our politicians were caught with there fingers in the biscuit barrel, and yet they are still there representing us when each and everyone of them should of been dismissed and a new set of grass roots people should be representing us and our issues now.
Its funny how quick people forget, but riots and looters who were all colours (but called black - surprise,surprise) will be remembered for years to come

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
this is what i got to say to all the older people slagging off us young uns

dont complain about our generation when your generation raised us!

its a big thing on here when a police officer tries to break the law or bend the law agaisnt other citizens but because these are out of work uneducated youth is ok for the law to take the piss with them

just because they got the balls to stand up ware everyone on here rants behind a pc screen

yeh i dont condone the looting but with every riot or disorder this happens

stop listen to bbc news and listin to the youth like this man in the OP video

SnF for you pal

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Our government need to be talking about the reasons behind the riots and not focusing on the fact that shops got looted, or a Malaysian getting mugged, he's from Malaysia, he has seen a lot worse which ever part of malaysia he is from!!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Skittle

Well it is accurate that there are social problems.
looting seems bad.
in the french revolution they looted, same in most others.
now days there is a comftable middle-class to buffer the riots.
maybe old school revolutions are impossible in a society with a large middle-class.
So instead you get small groups of thugs instead of large groups of revolutionaries.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by rebelrich

Oh stop being ridiculous. No one's mentioning where he was from. What people are talking about is the very sickening way in which he was mugged. The only person who I've ever really heard discuss his nationality is you.

And why shouldn't the government talk about the looters as well? They deserve to be punished and others should know they can't get away with this nonsense. And just because they're discussing that it doesn't mean they're not behind the scenes looking at the real causes behind these riots (poor communities). You're just making assumptions.
edit on 11-8-2011 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join