It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US says Taliban who shot at US helicopter dead

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

US says Taliban who shot at US helicopter dead

www.bbc.co.uk

Nato said the raid had killed a Taliban leader and the insurgent who fired at the military helicopter on Saturday.

The Taliban have said they shot down the aircraft, although Nato did not explicitly confirm that.

The alliance said in a statement only that the dead insurgent had fired the shot "associated" with the downing of the CH-47 in Wardak province, west of Kabul.

Many of those killed in the helicopter crash were members of Seal Team Six, the elite special forces unit whose members undertook the May raid into Pakistan that killed al-Qaeda leader Osama Bin Laden.
(visit the link for the full news article)

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
obviously tptb have lost every ounce of shame when it comes to 'offing' their pawns.

obl: gone
seal team 6:gone
taliban guy who shot them: gone

i guess the next to go will be the taliban guys mother, or maybe his 3rd grade teacher or something.

i think it should be obvious to anybody whose eyes are open that this is one big farce...

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

Yeah...

"Don't worry guys, it's ok! We killed the dudes who killed our dudes!"

Haven't these idiots ever heard the adage "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."?

I mean, these scumbags deserve to die (if they were actually responsible for killing the troops or aiding taliban war efforts) but seriously, this is enough. I'm so tired of the war, tired of the killing. I fear my children will never know a time of "peace". I know I haven't...

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

It seems strange to me that the ones who could confirm either way of the killing and dumping of Osama's body are now dead. I really hope and pray our Government is not up to no good again!!!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

might wanna pray a little harder. they've just been reminded that they love assassinations.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
If I were the reporter reporting this, I would be sleeping with one eye open.
Sounds like they are taking out anyone, and everyone that had anything to do with it.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrath5639

i got $1000 on the ceo of the company that made the rpg dying in a mysterious 1 car accident.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

When are they ever NOT up to no good?

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
First they tell us they killed OBL even though he's been dead for 10 years.

Then they tell us the team that killed him have been killed.

Then they tell us the insurgents that killed the team that killed OBL have been killed.

Somebody pass me my rubber boots, it's getting deeper and deeper...
edit on 10-8-2011 by Signals because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

The Taliban have said they shot down the aircraft, although Nato did not explicitly confirm that.

LMAO ! The Taliban also claim they did the Norway bombing and shooting ,I'm betting the Taliban even claimed the London riots was them.

Edit:
The murder of seal team 6 is so fishy ,i can smell it all the way over here in london ?
No sensible person believes the Taliban shot down that helo with one RPG which just by amazing chance happen to hit the sweet spot on that helo ,that made it explode in the air ,killing everyone on board ,who just happen to be the legendary seal team 6 ?
edit on 10-8-2011 by TheMaverick because: Because i can

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
All i can do, right now is:

Who writes this stuff? Is this the best that Hollywood can do?

Tell me: this trailer, and real life, aren't similar?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
So it takes them 10 years to track down the most wanted terrorist in the world (OBL), they can't operate a remote controlled drone without killing a dozen or so civilians, but in just a few days they tracked the exact guy that fired the rocket.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

i guess they finally got around to reading "tracking taliban members for dummies".

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

It seems strange to me that the ones who could confirm either way of the killing and dumping of Osama's body are now dead. I really hope and pray our Government is not up to no good again!!!

Is the whole team dead or just some of them?

I am not sure how these SEALS teams work but when say Team 6 goes out on a mission is the entire Team there or just a portion?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I've always thought they should be GPS chipping these insurgents when they capture them.
Then wait until you get a bunch of bleeps in one spot and......LET EM BURN!
Maybe they are...who knows.
But this does not bring back that incredibly talented team of heroes we lost last week.
Salute to the Heroes

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Sounds credible.

I don't subscribe to the OBL conspiracy theories.
edit on 10-8-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by MrOysterhead

If i remember right.
There was only one of the OBL hit team among them.
Either way a great loss to the country.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

reply to post by Signals

I am not sure how these SEALS teams work but when say Team 6 goes out on a mission is the entire Team there or just a portion?

No the team that assassinated Bin Laden have not been killed and yes only a small portion of SEAL Team Six was involved in the crash.

I suspect that some people assume through a lack of knowledge about Seal Team Six (NSWDG DevGru) people assume that a Seal Team is has about 20-30 guys in each team. This is not the case SEAL Team Six is estimated to have between 250-350 operatives

I just also want to make it clear that SEAL Team Six do use Chinooks, and Chinooks can be shot down by RPG’s. In war things like this happen and there is no grand conspiracy behind it.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin

reply to post by Signals

No the team that assassinated Bin Laden have not been killed and yes only a small portion of SEAL Team Six was involved in the crash.

I suspect that some people assume through a lack of knowledge about Seal Team Six (NSWDG DevGru) people assume that a Seal Team is has about 20-30 guys in each team. This is not the case SEAL Team Six is estimated to have between 250-350 operatives

I just also want to make it clear that SEAL Team Six do use Chinooks, and Chinooks can be shot down by RPG’s. In war things like this happen and there is no grand conspiracy behind it.

ah, thanks for the info.

I assumed that the team was much smaller than that.

Not trying to downplay the SEALS but I always thought they were more elite than that. If there are 250-300 in each team and there are multiple teams....that is alot of dudes.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
This script writer they've got is second rate, really, they ought to ask Hollywood to at least send them someone capable.

NO EVIDENCE of anything, Mr. B S..oetoro.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join