It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hong Kong open stocks plummet -1,300

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
money.cnn.com...

Watch out for US markets on Wednesday, maybe on Tuesday.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
It looks like G20 didn't work out so good. Prepare yourselves for the "Global Money". When you see that, head for the woods!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Inside government trading is a given!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I'm not a stock person..more of a blue collar carpenter..can some1 tell me if this is unprecedented? and what it means?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Where did it say 1,200 i say 500 in the article

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
looks like the Hang Seng is doing worse than the NYSE today. The Hang Seng has lost 6 percent in value, Im guessing about 5.5 billion lost in wealth, and it's only midday in Hong Kong. No wonder china is PO's at Obama. This is going to be such a bad week for the world. Looks like China will not be lending the USA 2.4 trillion as Obama was counting on though bonds.

Perception is reality.

Hang Seng Market Watch
edit on 9-8-2011 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-8-2011 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Down comes the house of cards.

Lets see how far it crumbles

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by SJE98

5.5 billion lost? HA ...

$2.5 trillion in one day.
$7.8 trillion since July.

yesterday’s stock rout wiped out about $2.5 trillion in global equity values, extending total losses since July 26 to $7.8 trillion.

www.bloomberg.com...

That's $7.8 trillion dollars lost in a just over a week. Everyone ..... do yourself a favor.. DONT look at your retirement accounts, you'll see a 10-30% decline.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
i can't wait for the property bubble to burst,

it's totally insane here with prices.

the hang seng always goes up and down like that.

no biggie, imo.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
People have no idea how bad it's gonna get.

Everyone, open your eyes, you are about to watch our civilization crumble.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Eventually it will crumble, sure, but I don't think we're that close yet. Anyway, the Nikkei and Hang Seng are climbing back up after that early cliff dive.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cryptonomicon
People have no idea how bad it's gonna get.

Everyone, open your eyes, you are about to watch our civilization crumble.

Yep, with falls like these and increasing falls each day, the only way to stop the falls is to suspend the markets, it wouldn't make a difference, if they were suspended, confidence would go down even more. As soon as the markets were reopened the losses would quickly catch up to where they were going to be anyway.

If these falls keep occurring people will begin to stupidly remove their funds from the banks, then all cash would be in circulation which would cause rapid inflation, dealing the dollar drastically overnight. View what happens then, your paycheck, gone. You won't be able to get paid because your employer or the businesses owner, whether one latter step up or all the way up, will have removed their liquid assets from the system. Not that it would matter anyway as the cash would be worthless.

I would suggest stocking up heavily on cheap nonperishable food items. If you have the extra cash after stocking up on food I would buy some gold or silver, their values will be jumping like black folk here pretty soon.

I advise not removing cash, paper currency in the end will only be paper. If you want to do something with your money to keep its value, buy stuff people will want or need. Then you'll earn their assistance in rebuilding a local economy. I don't consider myself knowledgeable in things like this but I've been watching and applying some of the most basic financial rules and my personal predictions have been quite accurate. I even posted on my rarely viewed Facebook account a while back telling my friends/the list to take 20 bucks out a week and use it to stock up on nonperishables. Noone listens to the one they should listen too. It's that "eh, you don't have a college education so you must not be right" mentality. Well, when all is said and done, I may quote myself and say I told you so.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by OMsk3ptic
Eventually it will crumble, sure, but I don't think we're that close yet. Anyway, the Nikkei and Hang Seng are climbing back up after that early cliff dive.

Every time there is a plunge the markets will slightly rebound from the days low. It's the effects that the closing losses have on the next markets opening that causes the problems. When the European markets see the huge loss in the Asian markets they will open with a plunge. When Asian markets respond to the American market plunge they will open with huge losses. Basically this means that until one of the primary markets completely rebounds before closing on the same day the next market will translate the losses in to their markets. This will only happen if some market ceases trading temporarily to prevent the losses or pumps a bunch of monopoly money into their markets (qe3). Either of these would allow a market to close up or even which could translate to the next market and so on. Both options are only temporary. A real solution would be to make the idiots that run major corporations to make a sacrifice and employ more people even at a loss, this puts more money slowly into the system to prevent massive rapid inflation, it allows people to spend money again, this leads to better revenue and profits, this leads to more product necessity and more employment, then more spending and so on and so forth. Eventually the system will recover with much lower unemployment rates (meaning less govt spending) and executive could still put just as much money into their own pockets.

No pain no gain right.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Hang Seng was down 552.67 overnight.
As we see from this old thread these short selloffs don't seem to be trend setters.

top topics

join