It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We didn't start the fire.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Here is my intro thoughts...

I’ve tried one of these types of threads before with horrible results. I tried to explain to everyone what I know in my heart. It led to me being abused and banned. I don’t want that to happen again. I want to get my thoughts out there for all of you-and for my own sanity. Remember---I have a point even if you can’t see it.

I have a lot to say. It is not easy. Where to begin? Where did I go wrong? Where did the world go wrong?

I have problems. This site is one of them. The internet in general is one of my problems. I guess I am an early adopter. If you give it 10 years, the next generations are going to get worse. It isn’t tonic and gin anymore it is t.a.g. It isn’t laughing anymore it is lol. There is no more emotion. Oh, yes, there is plenty of rage lmfao…but there is no love

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I thank you for the flags but I prefer conversation....it is so rare now adays

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by adraves

Well welcome back,

That was a mouthfull, and i can agree with you that people as a whole need to find a common binding point.

Peace and cheers!

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Treespeaker
reply to post by adraves

Well welcome back,

That was a mouthful, and i can agree with you that people as a whole need to find a common binding point.

Peace and cheers!

I know it probably wasn't the best place to post it....but meh. I didn't want to upset the moderators by posting in the wrong forum. I can always refresh it later.

A binding point is a good way to say it. Nice word choice. I like it.
edit on 7-8-2011 by adraves because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by adraves

Dear adraves,

You said, "We need to see life as a chance to do what we want." that is so limited in regards to our growth. We are capable of more, your perspective is the same as Aleister Crowley who said that the whole of the law was to do as thou will. I disagree, nothing wrong with the world as you still have the opportunity to help others. Help others, that is something that is always available and always good.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion
reply to post by adraves

Dear adraves,

You said, "We need to see life as a chance to do what we want." that is so limited in regards to our growth. We are capable of more, your perspective is the same as Aleister Crowley who said that the whole of the law was to do as thou will. I disagree, nothing wrong with the world as you still have the opportunity to help others. Help others, that is something that is always available and always good.

I feel that by liberating the way we do things and perceive, we would be forced to grow. There is no reason it should inhibit us. Aleister Crowley eh? I just looked him up, and there are some similarities of thought I suppose. He wasn't well liked however. I guess he was smart at least, a little crazy, and religious. I am agnostic however. Meh.

The problem with helping others nowadays is no one will help you in return. Pay it forward. we are more likely to be sued over intervention however. We are all scared of one another nowadays. It is so sad. I don't think I have any faith left in human kind.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by adraves
I thank you for the flags but I prefer conversation....it is so rare now adays

Sometimes its hard just to get someone to shut up.

Oh an Welcome

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by adraves

Originally posted by AQuestion
reply to post by adraves

I feel that by liberating the way we do things and perceive, we would be forced to grow. There is no reason it should inhibit us. Aleister Crowley eh? I just looked him up, and there are some similarities of thought I suppose. He wasn't well liked however. I guess he was smart at least, a little crazy, and religious. I am agnostic however. Meh.

The problem with helping others nowadays is no one will help you in return. Pay it forward. we are more likely to be sued over intervention however. We are all scared of one another nowadays. It is so sad. I don't think I have any faith left in human kind.

Dear adraves,

I did not compare you to Mr. Crowley, only the belief you mentioned. While I don't think much of Mr. Crowley, there are many who do. He was the ultimate hedonist and that is what the world has become. I do not know what "Meh" means, please explain.

As for helping others, you do it not so that you will be helped in return; but, because you want to live in a world where we help one another, it starts with you. I have helped many people in my life and as you say few returned the favor; however, some did and they forced me to accept their help. I understand that you are an agnostic; but, I would like to make a biblical reference. It says that Satan accuses us day and night before the lord. I am sorry you have lost your faith in humanity, I have not. It is not surprising that selfishness exists, babies are selfish until they become adults (and I don't mean in age). What should amaze you is those who continue to live lives of service in horrible conditions. There are still people who travel to remote areas or missions in the poorest of places in third world countries, don't forget them when you lose faith in society. Be well.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion[/i]
Dear adraves,

I did not compare you to Mr. Crowley, only the belief you mentioned. While I don't think much of Mr. Crowley, there are many who do. He was the ultimate hedonist and that is what the world has become. I do not know what "Meh" means, please explain.

As for helping others, you do it not so that you will be helped in return; but, because you want to live in a world where we help one another, it starts with you. I have helped many people in my life and as you say few returned the favor; however, some did and they forced me to accept their help. I understand that you are an agnostic; but, I would like to make a biblical reference. It says that Satan accuses us day and night before the lord. I am sorry you have lost your faith in humanity, I have not. It is not surprising that selfishness exists, babies are selfish until they become adults (and I don't mean in age). What should amaze you is those who continue to live lives of service in horrible conditions. There are still people who travel to remote areas or missions in the poorest of places in third world countries, don't forget them when you lose faith in society. Be well.

Meh is a term of indifference-essentially "I don't know" in a word. Anyways, Mr. Crowley was definitely a hedonist, but he had the money to support it. That is why so many of us are becoming the same way. We want more, but we are already too well off for our own good. We don't enjoy life anymore. It is all about the next best thing, and that includes relationships.

How many of these people travel only to improve a resume though? How many volunteer because they want to help instead of just helping their portfolio. Sure plenty people help, but not many do it because they should. They do it for themselves.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by adraves

Dear adraves,

How many of these people travel only to improve a resume though? How many volunteer because they want to help instead of just helping their portfolio. Sure plenty people help, but not many do it because they should. They do it for themselves.

I would agree that most people do these things for the wrong reasons because selfishness is pretty strong. I met a missionary who had lived in the remotest part of New Guinea, at about 24 she went to a place where they had never seen a white woman. She lived in this place for 30 years learning their language and giving them a written one. Now whatever her initial motives may have been, she lived in the woods with these people for 30 years and that was a commitment. There are still good people; but, we don't promote it. I agree with you, we promote selfishness. That is why it is all the more amazing to me that these people continue to give their lives for others even when the world does not see what they get out of it.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion...That is why it is all the more amazing to me that these people continue to give their lives for others even when the world does not see what they get out of it.

Then the question is what DO these people get out of it? Are they running away? Are they breaking the mold? What are they doing? They could do a lot more good here at home, but they don't have the guts to work in the real crap this society has bred. Sad but true. 3rd world relief? Go to the damn ghetto instead. Help ourselves before we help others. Simple no?
edit on 12-8-2011 by adraves because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by adraves

Then the question is what DO these people get out of it? Are they running away? Are they breaking the mold? What are they doing? They could do a lot more good here at home, but they don't have the guts to work in the real crap this society has bred. Sad but true. 3rd world relief? Go to the damn ghetto instead. Help ourselves before we help others. Simple no?

Dear adraves,

After you have done all the things that you have mentioned perhaps you will be in a position to ask them. They do it because they believe it is right and they believe they can help. Many people do that in the cities and I have worked with those organizations so I know this to be a fact.You say that they do not have the "guts" to work with the real "crap". No the lady I referenced went to work with head hunters, I don't think she was afraid of anything. You might want to work on not being bitter at people for helping others.

top topics

join