It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everyday ATS Attitudes (ET/UFO stand point)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Just wanted to get something off my chest pertaining to this subject.

I come here often reading posts off all sorts, but I particularly like to speculate this forum cause I am a skeptic and a believer.

One thing I can NOT STAND, are peoples degrading comments, "reasonings", and attitude towards other members view points.

Im sure a small percentage of it may be disinfo, sure, why not?

But most of the time I notice peoples intelligence and beliefs being put down and I simply do not get it...

Just because some of you may be starting to snap into it and realize that a particular STORY and belief system you were taught may in deed be false (err, mistold?) does not mean you should act all high and mighty like you know everything, when simply you know not a damn thing.

My favorites are the pictures/videos of moving lights in the sky, and people saying "thats just a bug, or a reflection. actually, its a reflection from a bug who's reflection was picked off up some glass building being reflected on"

I understand sometimes its sarcasm, while there are other times I just sit there thinking to myself "Is this person actually serious? Does anyone use perspective in these accounts? (I know there are some, but still)

Now since these are unexplained phenomena, who knows? Just wanted to share my thoughts, not putting anyone down or their thoughts, that'd be just silly.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
There are some that are blatant put downs but I feel that is generally in response to the way the OP has been presented.

If someones title is "Proof! Not chinese lanterns or swamp gas!" or "Try to debunk this!!" and it turns out to be anything but proof then of course they are going to cop some flak.

There are folks from both extremes. Absolute believers and absolute deniers. Both will be blind to the truth and deny until they are blue in the face.

We just have to learn to seperate the rational from the irrational.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
i'll tell you where the anger comes from

just use the serach engine and you will find many many useless threads that are dead ends with no basis or further evidence ... yet the same type threading keeps coming along

the harsh reaction to it keeps members in check to do a through job with a thread and to think twice and act once ...

yea it may be harsh .. but in a world full of ignorance and fear mongerists its needed alot of time ...

think of it as "constructive blatant no sguar coating criticism"

now that being said ...

Listien punk don't ever waste board space with making dumb pointless threads like this or else i'll rip your eye balls out eat them for breakfast and poo them out by dinner !

looool j/k j/k j/k!

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWhaler

IMO,

Well Said

S&F

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Hello Whaler.

Well said.

I'm on the same side that you are on.Although i am not really interested in moving lights in the night sky anymore.I watch the videos out of habit,but i never bother to comment.I 'm more interested in close encounter and abduction cases.

What annoys me from the believer side is the capital letter proof on the title or when they challenge the "debunkers".It's like they are asking for a fight.When i see those two i usually avoid the entire thread.

From the "debunkers"side i am almost 100% sure that most of them don't watch the videos.They just jump in and cry "chinese lantern" or "bug" or whatever they claim the object is.

On both sides now,it seems to me that they have made their minds on the subject and they are not open to a debate.(OK not all the believers or debunkers are like that,there are some wonderful minds that i highly respect-on both sides).Do you know how many times i have started answering and i have deleted my answer thinking "why bother?".

Anyway rant is over.Thank you for giving me the opportunity to get it off my chest.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
What can i say, everything you just said is too true.

I too am growing tired of everything you just said. Some people feel that they have to be right all the time.

And if its a well respected member of ATS, then usually all the newbies just follow suite

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Sometimes i think a lot of people on ATS from both sides of the argument dont want to find the truth.

edit on 6-8-2011 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Denbunkers are an insecure breed, they refuse to see anything that brings their beliefs into question. They would still refuse to believe if an alien dumped on their lawn.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum
Denbunkers are an insecure breed, they refuse to see anything that brings their beliefs into question. They would still refuse to believe if an alien dumped on their lawn.

Nice, and Agreed!

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by aaron2209
There are some that are blatant put downs but I feel that is generally in response to the way the OP has been presented.

If someones title is "Proof! Not chinese lanterns or swamp gas!" or "Try to debunk this!!" and it turns out to be anything but proof then of course they are going to cop some flak.

There are folks from both extremes. Absolute believers and absolute deniers. Both will be blind to the truth and deny until they are blue in the face.

We just have to learn to seperate the rational from the irrational.

I didnt think about that..I agree, thanks for your input!

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I feel the exact same way. I personally like Debunkers and i like debating with Debunkers but when every thread consists of "OMG ITS CHINESE LANTERNS" "RC PLANES WITH LED LIGHTS" BALLOONS WITH LED LIGHTS"
it gets old. Not everything can be explained by these means but same goes with believers to but people will believe what they want to believe.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Hello everyone,

I am quite new to this forum but I like to say a few words. I believe in aliens. Not green men or flying saucers but in lifeforms in space. As such I have since the late eighties been following everything NASA, ESA and other agencies have done / still do in space. I noticed two things: they do not always tell the truth about the real reason for their missions and second they know numerous ways of hiding stuff we are not supposed to see.
Starting from editing pictures till time-delayed transmission of videosignals. Because of better software, faster computers and our own knowledge we are nowadays able to see things we could not see before. Unfortunately there are many people at ATS ignorant towards these developments in techniques and technology. They simply refuse to understand that there are people (like me) who can literally show things that previously was inpossible to see, just because of using the right software. I uploaded a couple vids here and noticed immediately that gros of the members at ATS have not come to seriously discuss subjects / think about the possibility that a video could be real, no they immediately debunk everything they see and with always the same (not their own) arguements.

It is because of the tone in the replies that I decided no longer to upload any of my research on ATS. Yes I consider what I do as research as normal scientists would never ever burn their fingers on the stuff I upload.

I too perhaps may have used the wrong headers and out of enthusiasm should have used other descriptions.

I will take that info as a lesson so I will not make the same mistake again.

Greetz,

1967sander

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Disinfos are pretty evident throughout these forums. You will notice when you click through their post history that they attack the same type of topics: nibiru, brown dwarf star, ET's, underground bases, credible UFO sightings...

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by 1967sander

i would love to see your research..Do you have a link or youtube channel, anyhting like that? Or all here on ATS?

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Yes I have a channel:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWhaler
One thing I can NOT STAND, are peoples degrading comments, "reasonings", and attitude towards other members view points.

...ya know those posts that only say "pics or it didnt happen"?... and those people who always assume that ufo = alien and nothing but alien?... i imagine that they're the human manifestation of this poor critter below and, somehow, that makes everything okay...

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wyn Hawks

...ya know those posts that only say "pics or it didnt happen"?... and those people who always assume that ufo = alien and nothing but alien?... i imagine that they're the human manifestation of this poor critter below and, somehow, that makes everything okay...

That's a mini-tiger

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Some people are pseudo skeptics- They will deny the reality of ET's and there starships, and they will sometimes demonize the ET's, in order to protect their own belief system's mostly based on religion.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Just because some of you may be starting to snap into it and realize that a particular STORY and belief system you were taught may in deed be false (err, mistold?) does not mean you should act all high and mighty like you know everything, when simply you know not a damn thing.

^This

This goes both ways and applies to scientists too. If for example somebody says the big bang theory is BS and as a counter argument somebody else says "Are you a a scientist? Don't challenge theories that are accepted by well-educated mainstream scientists then" doesn't make either of them right. We were all taught the 'if everybody was jumping off a bridge....' cliche as kids. IMHO science has qualities of a religion. As do people who stick to a particular story and insult everybody who doesn't agree.

Beware of disinfo. Jim Fetzer has made a career out of disinfo and arguing with people who don't believe his dangerous theories. He gets paid for it. After his military career, he was all of a sudden an expert in the brain, specifically mind-control. That along with how he even wrote about misinformation (which is ironic) and critical thinking (also ironic) should clue people in on who writes his checks. He is far from alone either.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by vault13er

^This

This goes both ways and applies to scientists too. If for example somebody says the big bang theory is BS and as a counter argument somebody else says "Are you a a scientist? Don't challenge theories that are accepted by well-educated mainstream scientists then" doesn't make either of them right. We were all taught the 'if everybody was jumping off a bridge....' cliche as kids. IMHO science has qualities of a religion. As do people who stick to a particular story and insult everybody who doesn't agree.

Beware of disinfo. Jim Fetzer has made a career out of disinfo and arguing with people who don't believe his dangerous theories. He gets paid for it. After his military career, he was all of a sudden an expert in the brain, specifically mind-control. That along with how he even wrote about misinformation (which is ironic) and critical thinking (also ironic) should clue people in on who writes his checks. He is far from alone either.

But for the most part, science can produce factual research, I don't see God prancing about the world shouting "here I am!".

<<   2 >>

join