It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Protesters: "We Are Taking Our Country Back. Enough is Enough'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
not worth it
edit on 6-8-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
not worth it

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
not worth it

You guys need to grow up and act your age. To go down this road because I asked for news sources to place the protests into context says a lot about you guys.

Its sad really.

@ Zamini - Typical of an Iranian to distort the truth. Year after year? I havent been a member for more than 2 years. Thank you for proving my point though.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
Then why not attach it to your thread so we have the whole picture? I love how people attack me for asking for more information to put it in perspective. Not once did I dispute or question anything. All I wanted to do was read up on whats going on.

Then use Google to find the information you want, like most others do, and stop demanding that others do it for you.

Talk about clueless and arrogant for particular people in this thread. I think it just boils down to them being jealous of the west. If they werent they wouldnt spend so much time attacking it and others who dont share the same ideology.

Typical from that part of the world.

Your bigoted remark is simply that. I'm from the West, which just goes to show how ridiculous your prejudiced assumptions are..

Here's the link to google: www.google.com

Have a nice day.
edit on 6-8-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

By the way you did in fact place the video out of context. They are not reclaiming their government, they are protesting the high cost of housing.

Even your own propoganda sources call you out -
PressTV - Israelis protest new housing law

Blocking major junctions across Israel, protesters said on Wednesday that the new law will only favor the rich by encouraging big developers to build luxury projects rather than affordable housing.

"There is no mechanism in this law which will promise affordable housing," Yonatan Levi, a protest leader, told Army Radio.

Protesters have also said that the law endangers the environment.

Protest rallies were reported in the cities of al-Quds (Jerusalem), Tel Aviv, Kiryat Shmona, Beersheba and Haifa with angry demonstrators blocking a total of 10 major junctions across Israel.

A police spokesman said four people were arrested for stopping the traffic.

Shortly after the Israeli Knesset passed the controversial housing bill protest leaders called for massive rallies to be held on Saturday.

The cabinet-sponsored bill to streamline planning and building formalities passed in a 57-45 vote on Wednesday.

The housing law would allow swift approval of plans for 50,000 housing units by special committees in order to increase supply and push down home prices. However, critics argue that the law will have an opposite effect.

Israelis have also protested against rising prices of basic goods and commodities. On Saturday 100,000 people marched through Israel demanding lower living costs.

Protesters involved in the cost-of-living campaign have presented Israeli authorities with sweeping demands including affordable housing, taxation, child care and reforms to health and education.

Israeli protesters say they will continue their campaign against rising living costs until their demands are met.

So apparently I was right. You didnt include news articles because it would call you out using the video in a misleading purpose to futher your agenda. Let me help you out - changing sentences and using certain words can change what the story is about = propoganda.

nice job

sad

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

You missed the point that I placed that statement inside quotation marks in the title, and if you had watched the video you would have heard that exact comment made by one of the protesters.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen

You missed the point that I placed that statement inside quotation marks in the title, and if you had watched the video you would have heard that exact comment made by one of the protesters.

Changing words, leaving words out, or seizing on one comment doesnt place anything into perspective. Is it really that difficult for you and the other musketeers to actually do a thread that is not changed in some manner?

Is it too much to ask?

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen

Changing words, leaving words out, or seizing on one comment doesnt place anything into perspective. Is it really that difficult for you and the other musketeers to actually do a thread that is not changed in some manner?

Is it too much to ask?

Your hatred is not worth responding to, and it's hurting you more than anyone else.

You're not addressing the topic at all, you're simply poisoning the thread with vitriol, insults and ad hominem attacks on other members. I'm not engaging with your comments any more.

Have a nice day.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
ATTENTION ALL:

Please stay away from the personal attacks and off topic bantering.

Thank you.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
You are focusing on one aspect only and ignoring the other comments and some of the placards which the protesters are carrying. I didn't deny the protest was ignited by anger at the rising prices....and in any case, what's wrong with that? Haven't the austerity measures been the flash point for protests all over Europe?

Also, I personally find it newsworthy that the people of Israel are challenging their government to the point that some people believe it could topple Netanyahu.

However, the video itself shows that the protest is expandeding. One of the protesters mentions that Arabs and Israelis are protesting together - that I find very significant, and actually wonderful. It suggests that many of the people don't share the government's position re arabs and Palestinians particularly.

Other protesters are seen carrying placards which denounce the settlelments.

The quotation in the title illustrates it's not just about housing, but about changing the government of their country.

You're choosing to ignore all that content, and just focus what supports your own prejudice.

Now, that really is the last time I will be drawn into replying to you and your hate-filled comments..

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

reply to post by wcitizen

Im not the one who is constantly cursing the Jews and bringing them up any chance you and the others get.

Im not the one posting a video with nothing to place it into context.
Im not the one, when called out about the video portrayal, who changed their intent in the OP.

I asked for news article to see what was going on in your video. You didnt post it because the articles didnt support the intent of your op.

You really need to read the thread, since I only asked for more info, which apparently was threatening enough for you and Zamini to go on your personal attacks on me spree. And you accuse me of being vitrolic and derailing the thread.

The protests are over high housing costs and nothing more. They arent taking their government back as you claim, but demanding cheaper housing in addition to more being built. The only time you and the others make a thread on Israel is when you twist it and use it for ulterior purposes.

Why is this video important to you? What part of their high housing costs snagged your attention in such a way that you made a thread on it. What do you think the Government of ISrael should do?

As just posted by Gemwolf (Super Moderator)

ATTENTION ALL:

Please stay away from the personal attacks and off topic bantering.

Thank you.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
That will do thank you. If you cannot post without anger, then don't post.

We encourage civil discussions. This is not one. Let's change that.

Thank you.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
There's an interesting commentary on the Israeli protest situation in today's Haaretz. As many predicted, the protests could have huge ramifications for Israel.

The protests have now put Netanyahu under immense pressure, and this article confirms others that I've read which suggest the protests could topple Netanyahu. Interestingly, the author of the article posits that Netanyahu's only way out is to genuinely star an initiative for peace. It would be a sweet irony if the only way he could survive politically would be to create real and genuine peace with Palestine. Utopian, probably, but this is a situation which is developing in very interesting ways.

The title of the article: 'A Special Place in Hell'.

www.haaretz.com...

Some snips:

Netanyahu's trump card against Israeli protests: Peace
As protests over social welfare sweep Israel, the PM has to go the one way no one is looking: Move immediately – and sincerely - for peace negotiations with the Palestinians.

Stunned and reeling by the success of the protest movement nationwide, Netanyahu is desperately rummaging in his magic hat for a trump card, if not one that reads "Get Out of Jail Free."

It's in there. It's been in there all along. But it's not a war. No one, at this point, would be fooled by a war. No one would be shocked by one.

If he wants to deal with the protests, which may grow to monster proportions by just this weekend, he has to draw the one card that no one is expecting, the card that can outflank his opponents on every segment of the political spectrum.

He has to go the one way no one is looking: Move immediately – and sincerely - for peace negotiations with the Palestinians.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join