It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Love Is All There Is.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Sure there are these forms and there are these ideas and thoughts and we go to school and learn stuff. We have jobs and we make things. Sure. But those things are nothing.

Maybe love is a product of a chemical reaction in your head, but the fact is, love is something that is greater and worth more than anything we have ever called valuable. Maybe love comes by chemical reaction, but what it is in essence is something way more powerful and substantial than what we could ever be. If you don't have love with you right now in this moment as you read this, it is likely that you won't understand. You have to have love to know it.

Everything you see, if there was no love, would be meaningless. Love might just be a chemical reaction, but it is a chemical reaction that will bring you to a place that is beyond your imagination. That's why I think the chemical reaction is just something that opens up a door to allow this being to manifest.

Sure we have all of these physical forms and you could define them as carbon-based yada yada and hydrogen and oxygen blah blah blah, but if you put everything you have ever seen with your eyes and pure love in a room together, and you walked into the room, you wouldn't even notice the whole universe. All you would see is love. Love casts a shadow over everything that is so great that what doesn't have love can be seen to be nothing at all.

Without love you are nothing.

1 Corinthians 13
1 If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned, but do not have love, it profits me nothing.

edit on 4-8-2011 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Well said. Peoples egos have clearly unbalanced themselves and they are not ruled with the love in their hearts.

i wrote something one night years ago entitled 'no one can understand love sober'
I wasn't drunk or high, but feeling like i was on a different level of consciousness or understanding. I felt the potential love everyone has to use and to share. As it is endless and there is no force in love.

Anyways, hope some of you can understand what i mean.

We are all riding these snakes of time.
do you not know everything will be fine?
we are trying to find ourselves so small,
just a flash from what is all.
if only we can love everyone freely;
if only,'he wasn't this way';
if only, 'she wasn't that way';
if only everyone understood.

Love would conquer the fire.
love would flame our inner desires.
love can break the hardest of the hard;
love can levitate you into everything.

If only we knew we all were the same.
more than humans on the astroplane.
That we all come from you, come from me,
and we're just as little as little seems to be.
only then will love understand
that its needed in every Ones hands
we are the red and we are the blue
together, let us all love you.
Just as endless as you could only see
will be the light you saw, shine back at me.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
There are so many threads like this over the years on ATS. I did a search, and none of them came up on the first page of the search only because they are buried under so many other threads. But yeah, "Love is all there is." "Love is everything." "Everything is love" "All is love." And different variations of such idea have been posted countless times over the years.

Now I guess you could ask why so many ATS'ers decide to post this epiphany.

Or you could ask why I chose this type of thread to pick on because really every idea gets posted over and over.

Maybe we are bound to just go in circles, and think we are coming up with something new in a self-discovery fashion? Maybe we don't do so well with ideas unless we feel like it was our own idea? I know some people like that IRL.

I really begin to think that it's true. When you are in a transcendental state, all this explaining does not matter. When you are actually doing something, there is no time to philosophize and ask your ego what you are up to. If you have time to do such, then you are not purely doing, or being. And that pertains to mental and spiritual states too, even moreso than physical work.

One of the main teachings of Adi Da (actually) was to enjoy your communion with God, instead of spending your whole life trying to find him with your own intelligence. Instead of doing that, just BE with Him. To ACCEPT his grace.

I don't think that is specific to Adi Da, I think it's a very good point well made by him especially though.

I wish I could just offer a pat on the back but after seeing this posted year after year, I think it's only honest to cut in and say this at this point. Further than that, I have little to offer that could go so far as advice, only I am glad that I came across such teachings, to commune with reality and God and let grace do it's thing from time to time. It just seems pertinent to comment in this way, I could be way off but this is all about getting ideas from different perspectives.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
The exploitation and twisting of love is the ultimate pathology.

The deformation of this urge for aesthetic reasons, by bored hyperintelligent narcissists who essentially manipulate humans "for the lulz."

80 years is a long time to pass without manipulating love somehow. Humans have the curiosity monkeymind, we find a way to put our big sticky simian paws all over everything and make a mess of it.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Novise

Some ideas are worth repeating. If ATS allowed it, this should be posted daily.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Never Despise

Every negative quality can be defined as the absence of love in some way or another.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Every negative quality can be defined as the absence of love in some way or another.

I always thought love and pain were the two poles of experience.
Love = running toward something
Pain = running away.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Never Despise

Originally posted by smithjustinb

I always thought love and pain were the two poles of experience.
Love = running toward something
Pain = running away.

In my logic, I defined love as running towards infinity and away from nothingness, and destruction as running towards nothingness and away from infinity. Sorry, I'm not meaning to try to get into a battle of logic here, I'm just trying to say that I basically agree.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Oh yeah sure, there are tons of ways to map it.

One more thing about love: It is always higher than hate because it moves to include and accept that which hates.

edit on 5-8-2011 by Never Despise because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Never Despise
Oh yeah sure, there are tons of ways to map it.

One more thing about love: It is always higher than hate because it moves to include and accept that which hates.

edit on 5-8-2011 by Never Despise because: (no reason given)

Never looked at it that way.

I have theorized in the past that love is the driving mechanism of time itself towards infinity. So perhaps the reason time moves forward by love and not backwards by hate is because what you just revealed to me. The balance tips in the favor of love. Nice

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

The thing is people across cultures and developmental types make this same statement when the epiphany hits them: fundamentalists, rationalists, spiritualists, etc. etc. etc. Nobody is safe from it. And just cause fundamentalists say the same thing doesn't automatically discredit what you said, so I'm not really arguing. I'm just searching and hoping you are going to tell me how your post maybe gets us at least moving a little bit off the same treadmill we've been perpetually stuck on forever.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   

In the literal sense, your statement is simply not true. If, say, anger, were "nothing", then when you felt anger, you would feel "nothing". Same for anything felt, seen, heard, etc, that was not "love". But that doesnt happen. In fact, you feel something.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Novise

The thing is people across cultures and developmental types make this same statement when the epiphany hits them: fundamentalists, rationalists, spiritualists, etc. etc. etc. Nobody is safe from it. And just cause fundamentalists say the same thing doesn't automatically discredit what you said, so I'm not really arguing. I'm just searching and hoping you are going to tell me how your post maybe gets us at least moving a little bit off the same treadmill we've been perpetually stuck on forever.

Lol. That is impossible. The next step from here is only to experience the depth and wonder of love for yourself.

Knowledge is not going to be the key here. The key is love itself.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaticusMaximus

In the literal sense, your statement is simply not true. If, say, anger, were "nothing", then when you felt anger, you would feel "nothing". Same for anything felt, seen, heard, etc, that was not "love". But that doesnt happen. In fact, you feel something.

This isn't what I'm saying. I'm saying that destructive emotions such as anger, fear, and hatred, are forces with an ultimate goal of nothingness in mind. Anger, fear, and hatred bring about violence. Violence brings about destruction. Destruction turns something into nothing.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   

A good answer in my opinion. We don't really know the answers, we only know the place and state of mind we must be in before we approach them properly. If "approaching" is the right word or idea even.

And there is something to love.

This came to mind

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Love IS all there is.
Everything else is a corruption, by degrees, of Love.
Akushla

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Novise

I wholly agree. We're not here to know anything as much as we are here to just have an experience. The minute we try to objectively define everything, we get lost in our thoughts and miss the bigger picture.

edit on 5-8-2011 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Hey, there are a couple of things I would like to add and then ask. Please challenge whatever you do not agree with.

1. Without "hate" (negative/yin) there can be no 'thing' such as "love" (positive/yang), so in essence they are one with each other. This truth is a fundamental aspect of reality, and is a key tenant in Daosim.

2. "nothingness" is void of all qualities or inherent properties, be that of creation or destruction, therefore destruction cannot lead to "nothingness" but rather only to "something" else. Thus creation and destruction are a part of the same process, which Buddha described as Samsara (the cycle of rebirth, life and death). Therefore there is "no-thing" in this universe that isn't impermanent, even "love". This is also a fundamental aspect of reality, and a key tenant in Buddhism, and ties into the philosophy of Daoisms "yin-yang".

Now I would like to ask you, what is your definition of the word "love"?

Don't take this as me promoting "hatred" or "destruction" over "love" or "creation", but rather as me trying to clarify the reality that they are two aspects of the same movement.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Here is something you may or may not be interested in watching. It pertains to this thread fairly well, imo.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by LifeIsEnergy

Hey, there are a couple of things I would like to add and then ask. Please challenge whatever you do not agree with.

1. Without "hate" (negative/yin) there can be no 'thing' such as "love" (positive/yang), so in essence they are one with each other. This truth is a fundamental aspect of reality, and is a key tenant in Daosim.

2. "nothingness" is void of all qualities or inherent properties, be that of creation or destruction, therefore destruction cannot lead to "nothingness" but rather only to "something" else. Thus creation and destruction are a part of the same process, which Buddha described as Samsara (the cycle of rebirth, life and death). Therefore there is "no-thing" in this universe that isn't impermanent, even "love". This is also a fundamental aspect of reality, and a key tenant in Buddhism, and ties into the philosophy of Daoisms "yin-yang".

True. I am illustrating love as a property of existence where without it there is essentially nothing. So without love, you have hate, which, in this context, is nothing. It's not that it doesn't exist. It's just that it's existence isn't substantially existent in comparison with love. Love is the path to infinity. Hatred is the path to nothingness. While it may be true that these dualistic properties are an illusion, within the illusion, they are the greatest of all things. Infinity and nothing might never be reachable, but there is a path nonetheless.

Now I would like to ask you, what is your definition of the word "love"?

Don't take this as me promoting "hatred" or "destruction" over "love" or "creation", but rather as me trying to clarify the reality that they are two aspects of the same movement.

Peace.

Love is the path of least resistance whereby awareness moves from now moment to now moment through time towards infinity. It is life force energy.

But it is more complicated than that. Love transcends self-awareness and therefore, limited perceptions of time. The more expanded the awareness, the higher the quality of love and the more expanded perception of time. So a being of group awareness would be more loving and would be more in our past, present, and future as their now.

That degree of love, as well as that degree of awareness interchangeably, are available to us now.

<<   2 >>

join