It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who was bible god growing the forbidden fruit for?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Garden of Eden – tree of knowledge of good and evil & tree of life

Who was bible god growing them for?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
its probably metaphoric. my question is, why should humans not know right from wrong.
god, a monopolist of might and power ? was it a question of loosing almighty power ?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by racasan

Probably for that nice snake fellow that tended to hang around the tree...after all he did indeed tell Adam and Eve the truth about the fruit, and how it would open up their minds to the knowledge that God hoarded to himself about Good and Evil.....not to mention God said they'd die if they ate it, which didn't happen.

What I find more odd is the fact that they were punished.....After all if they had no concept of Good an Evil, then they couldn't have known it was wrong to disobey God now could they?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
They in fact did die off old age. there was no death before the ate from the tree off life. So they basically doomed us all.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by icepack

Well ok but what’s it a metaphor of?

And yes if A&E did have the knowledge of good and evil they might not have been suckered by a talking snake

What god said – now Adam and Eve it would be really bad if you eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil

What Adam and Eve hear - now Adam and Eve it would be really *^%^ if you eat from the tree of the knowledge of $%” and &^)(&^

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by kingrutse

hang on they didn't eat from the tree of life - in fact that's why god kicked them out of the garden so they wouldn't eat from that tree

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by racasan

Good question.

Clearly this whole fall of man thing was a deliberate set up.

A clear cut case of entrapment.

Isn't that illegal?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I found this to be an interesting question and did some research.
I came up with this which seems to explain it pretty well:

Question: "Why did God put the tree of knowledge of good and evil in the Garden of Eden?"

Answer: God put the tree of knowledge of good and evil in the Garden of Eden to give Adam and Eve a choice to obey Him or disobey Him. Adam and Eve were free to do anything they wanted, except eat from the tree of knowledge of good and evil. Genesis 2:16-17, “And the LORD God commanded the man, ‘You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat of it you will surely die.’” If God had not given Adam and Eve the choice, they would have essentially been robots, simply doing what they were programmed to do. God created Adam and Eve to be “free” beings, able to make decisions, able to choose between good and evil. In order for Adam and Eve to truly be free, they had to have a choice.

There was nothing essentially evil about the tree or the fruit of the tree. It is unlikely that eating the fruit truly gave Adam and Eve any further knowledge. It was the act of disobedience that opened Adam and Eve’s eyes to evil. Their sin of disobeying God brought sin and evil into the world and into their lives. Eating the fruit, as an act of disobedience against God, was what gave Adam and Eve knowledge of evil (Genesis 3:6-7).

God did not want Adam and Eve to sin. God knew ahead of time what the results of sin would be. God knew that Adam and Eve would sin and would thereby bring evil, suffering, and death into the world. Why, then, did God allow Satan to tempt Adam and Eve? God allowed Satan to tempt Adam and Eve to force them to make the choice. Adam and Eve chose, of their own free will, to disobey God and eat the forbidden fruit. The results—evil, sin, suffering, sickness, and death—have plagued the world ever since. Adam and Eve's decision results in every person being born with a sin nature, a tendency to sin. Adam and Eve's decision is what ultimately required Jesus Christ to die on the cross and shed His blood on our behalf. Through faith in Christ, we can be free from sin's consequences, and ultimately free from sin itself. May we echo the words of the Apostle Paul in Romans 7:24-25, “What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God—through Jesus Christ our Lord!”

gotquestions.org
edit on 4-8-2011 by N3k9Ni because: forgot the link

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by bhornbuckle75

Very good point

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by racasan

Explanation: For humanity [adam and eve included] but they jumped the starting gun as they themselves had yet to grow up fully and may have been mature in body [sexually and physically] but were DEFINATELY not prepared and mind and spirit.

I see it like a can of beer, which is generally an eye opening experience, But its not for kids and you must certainly introduce it wisely and at the right time and place becuase in this case A one snake like entity [satan :\ ] gave Gods kids mindblowing medication they weren't MATURE enough to handle [think Timothy Leary taking trips around the bay (moodyblues lyrics)... No! He's not dead .. he's outside...looking in!
] and now we have a whacked out right and wrong, left and right fueled civil [
] societies run by representitive [fail] democracy.

Satan [like most politicians] ISN'T God [wholistically speaking] and getting distorted information by proxy ... generally leads one to false assumptions... which makes an ass out U & ME!

As Marge Simspon once stated... "He's WHACKED OUTA HIS GOURD!"

And in this case the "He's" IS "We're".

We're in lockdown in an asylum and until those debasing and debilitating Zombiefying chemicals [the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and bad] wear off we're not competent to do what God made us originally for ... I think it had something to do with Love but its been so long now OL can only seem to see the far side of that coin!
:bnghd:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

Originally posted by racasan

Good question.

Clearly this whole fall of man thing was a deliberate set up.

A clear cut case of entrapment.

Isn't that illegal?

Perhaps some kind of class action suit is called for and don’t forget the Catholic Church is loaded

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by N3k9Ni

But that’s the same as saying bible god is not all knowing – that he needed to test something to find out something about it

And it’s also a problem given that Adam and Eve didn’t have the knowledge of good and evil (they had to eat the fruit first) so how would they know what they where doing was wrong?

edit on 4-8-2011 by racasan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by kingrutse
They in fact did die off old age. there was no death before the ate from the tree off life. So they basically doomed us all.

And why is that? Because they ate raw whole foods. This is verboten!

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by racasan

I see your point.

I think it's saying that God created Adam and Eve with free will and He knew there was nothing to stop them from disobeying Him. The knowledge they gained from eating the fruit was that they did not have to obey God.
How the fig leaves figure in, I'm not sure.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by racasan

The forbidden fruit was put into place to teach man laws, rules. we are given everything on the planet just don't touch this one thing. We are given free will to decide for ourselves if we listen to God or not. It is a ying and yang situation, we are offered a choice do as the creator tells us or do as we choose, which one do we decide? And I`m thinking us humans keep making our own choices. Look at the world today, chaos, famine, droughts, floods, the list is endless. In todays times, people want everything, think about it, we keep taking more then we need.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by racasan

The Bible never said that God put the tree there. It just says, In the midst of.
For all we know, it came up on it's own. The Bible would not want to embarrass the Lord by pointing out He was powerless to remove it.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by N3k9Ni

It is unlikely that eating the fruit truly gave Adam and Eve any further knowledge. It was the act of disobedience that opened Adam and Eve’s eyes to evil.
I realize you are just quoting this from a web page but I hope you do not buy this.
This makes the Bible a liar, just as the serpent did.
The Lord said that it made them as gods.

edit on 4-8-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I believe it was grown for Monsanto, if I remember correctly.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I don't know why the trees where there, but god obviously didn't know humans very well if he told them NOT to do something. From my experience, telling someone not to do something is the fastest way to get them to do it - usually behind your back.

edit on 4/88/11 by Elentarri because: spelling mistake

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by damwel
I believe it was grown for Monsanto, if I remember correctly.

Well... if you work on the theory that human are genetically engineered slaves for a bunch of aliens, then there is no reason that they couldn't have engineered the tree of life and of good & evil?
The aliens could have had their version of Monsanto?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join