It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you have a relationship with the creator of the universe?

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Dear IAMIAM,

You are always so gentle in your responses and I hope I can be more so in the future with the example you set. Be well and peace brother.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Sweetmystery

Oh SweetMystery,

My heart raced as I read the Truth in your words. I feel every word deep within my soul almost like the purest and most beautiful melody.

Knowing this one is allowed to see life from a whole different perspective. It allows us to live free in knowing we are a part of ALL that is.

We can be the Light that shines even after "death" because we KNOW the Spirit.

I love this journey and I can smile even after a really bad storm.

Thank you for your words. I was just mirrored in one post how my heart feels.

I really hope to see you around often. You are such a light....

Peace and love to you and yours!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xoxoxox

Jenn

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

By your name alone we already have an understanding. I like your words to the OP and I really appreciate the love you share with others. Keep shining your light....it is BRIGHT!

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I have NO personal relationship ...

with any being of any kind...('cept my wife)

I do not know this creator of whom you speak..

Once we meet, then maybe we can be friends..

until then...

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion
reply to post by Akragon

Dear Akragon,

While the OP may have been a little less than truthful and may have been a little bitter, I don't think he was particularly nasty and I do not think the thread has been too confrontational. Hope you are well.

I didn't say anything like that...

I just always enjoy IAMIAM's posts...

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Dear Akragon,

I apologize for misunderstanding. I too always enjoy reading IAMIAM, he is always so courteous and gentle.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   

I didn't say that all non-believers go out and do those things, please stop trying to twist my answers. And I didn't say there needed to be a God for people to do those things, you are about as sensitive as any agnostic atheist I have ever met.
Can you show me where I said you said that? I didn't say you said that, I was simply making a point that I don't need a god to do the same things you do. You blame me for twisting your words around, but it is you who keeps doing that to me. I don't get it.
And when I show you that I didn't say those things, you NEVER acknowledge it.

You say you don't want to believe is something that isn't true, that is cowardice, believe what you believe is correct because you believe it is what is best for all. You require absolute proof because you want someone else to then give you the absolute true answers, you seek to cheat on the exam.
I don't see how it is cowardice to not want to believe in false things, but if that makes me a coward, I'd have to say I am.
edit on 7-8-2011 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Sleep well. When you do return consider this, I totally support you believing what you will and you will never convince me that there is no God as I had a near death experience and it was more real than this world. You could argue, you could "prove" things; but, you cannot remove from my memory what happened, can't be done. Not how I became a believer; but, pretty much sealed the deal for me.
I'm not trying to convince you of anything. I'm simply asking questions about your beliefs, trying to figure out why you believe what you believe. It must be because of your NDE, but I'm not sure. I know a lady who took some drugs and she saw some amazing things in her drug induced state. She was an agnostic, but now she believes that there is an afterlife because of what she saw while she was "high". What I believe is that it was her brain playing tricks on her do to the effects of the drugs.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
it seems you want proof of a god that let your bro die and want answers why.
Huh? I want proof of a god, yes. I know why he died. He had a brain aneurysm that he couldn't recover from.

but won't believe anything unless you see a talking burning bush or he gives you the ark.
I'm not sure what it would take, but this god would know what it would take, if he is real.

thoes times are gone and now it is all in the heart. he did his job with jesus.
Where do you get this info that those times are gone now? Last I read, Jesus said that his followers would do greater things than he did.

the old testament is gone, in the past.
So is the N.T.

it is all free will now, you can create destiny for yourself.
I agree.

he is not your nanny as hard it is to believe.
That's cool. I'm a grown man and don't need one. What does that have to do with asking for proof that he is real?

we were children in the old testament, after jesus, we were adults, we are on our own to make decisions he would have before.
What? Sorry, doesn't make sense to me.

you will NOT hear the voice of god in your head.
I agree.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   

You said, "After all this talk, I was just happy that we agreed. To me, that is progress in this relationship we have over the internet. Maybe it isn't to you. That's fine." I do not seek agreement only understanding. If we are to have a deep relationship it must based on the fact that we agree to disagree and that requires that we believe as we do.
This is true, and thanks.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM
If it makes no sense to you, then it is not yours to understand.
Ok.

Why must we insist on understanding each other?
Because that's how learning works.

Each of us have a world view that is as unique as our fingerprints. There is no right or wrong, merely different world views. No one knows the answers to all. So, why not figure out how to just enjoy the ride? Why not simply help each other to have as much as this world has to offer?
That is true and I have no problem with it.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   

While the OP may have been a little less than truthful
Please explain what you mean by that.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Don't judge me until you know who I am my friend.
Just wondering....do you think you're god? Or a god?

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

Dear Hydroman,

You said, "I don't see how it is cowardice to not want to believe in false things, but if that makes me a coward, I'd have to say I am." I will try and explain, we are imperfect, at least I am. That means that I can continue to learn and that means that I will make mistakes. You seek perfect knowledge rather than growing knowledge, that is cowardice. It is okay to be wrong, it leads to deeper understanding, you need to recognize that you will never have perfect understanding unless you know all, and that is to seek to be God and God you are not.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

Dear Hydroman,

You are so funny and so insincere, you say, "I'm not trying to convince you of anything. I'm simply asking questions about your beliefs, trying to figure out why you believe what you believe. It must be because of your NDE, but I'm not sure. I know a lady who took some drugs and she saw some amazing things in her drug induced state. She was an agnostic, but now she believes that there is an afterlife because of what she saw while she was "high". What I believe is that it was her brain playing tricks on her do to the effects of the drugs." Firstly, my faith did not come from my NDE and I never said that it did. That is you playing tricks on yourself. To compare my NDE to a drug induced state is merely an attempt to discredit what I know, when it is not why I believe.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Don't judge me until you know who I am my friend.
Just wondering....do you think you're god? Or a god?

No my friend, I try to avoid thinking at all. That only reinforces delusions.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

While the OP may have been a little less than truthful
Please explain what you mean by that.

Dear Hydroman,

I wrote that to another, not you. Yes, you are less than truthful. I will answer your question if you ask it and you have. You know your bible and you are intelligent enough, you are also deceitful and attempt to trick people into showing their inconsistencies. I don't mind, but you troll those you know are still learning, those who do not know their bible.

You play word games with them. IAMIAM is about the most peaceful believer on ATS, he speaks in simple straighforward words and does not attack, yet, you seem to be unable to understand him and blame him, the problem is that you do understand him and don't like the truth. Many of us believers have told you to come to your own conclusions and you insist that we must prove something to you, why? I have told you that I do not chase down atheists to prove anything, not my job. I live my life as I do and ask that others care about one another, you tried to tell me that if I knew my bible then I would be too busy hating gays and adulterers to have any time for love. Please do your game where you get into semantics, it is amusing.

In the end, you know that you don't have all the answers. In the end you know that there is more; but, you want proof before you commit, your are afraid of mistakes. You messed up once and are forever afraid of being wrong again, I understand this. When my wife cheated on me, I called my brother, he said that there are some lessons that you wish you never had to learn. He also told me that after being cheated on himself, he never fully opened his heart again. When he told me that, I knew that I could not truly be with another till I was able to completely open my heart again.

You are free to laugh at me, I don't really care. I decided that I would heal until I could truly take the same risk again, until I could open my heart to it's limits. That is how I treat love. God is the same, we can never know him fully, we will always make mistakes in our understanding as we are limited in our understanding; but, don't be afraid to know what you can. Be well.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Hydroman,

In summary, the universe and all of nature is God and God does not care if we are innocent or evil, God will kill us if we fail to be smart or by random chance we are in the wrong place at the wrong time. God will even kill us if we were born with a weakness or have family and friends who harm us.

But a part of God that does care about us consists of spirits of good people that have died before us and remain to try to help us. They suggest things to us. They fight bitter vengeful spirits who aim to hurt us. But these beings can not save us. Not all of them have poltergeist powers to physically help us.

Ultimately we ourselves are also a part of this part of God who can either help or hurt each other.
WE ARE GOD.

Be suspicious of people who think god is a "He" or humanity is "Man".
Be suspicious of people who tell you you are not God yet these same people speak for God. They are really saying that they are God and you are not God.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
The insignificance of being a human has always driven human to look for answers far a way in the sky.
A relationship with god...sound like the other guy that had a conversation with god as trying to figure out his sexual and money desire.
I have a relation with people, you know human, men , woman and also some time children and also animal and for sure nature...this my relationship with the ruler of the universe, all of them carry the burden of reality for each of us to reflect on.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

You said, "I don't see how it is cowardice to not want to believe in false things, but if that makes me a coward, I'd have to say I am." I will try and explain, we are imperfect, at least I am. That means that I can continue to learn and that means that I will make mistakes. You seek perfect knowledge rather than growing knowledge, that is cowardice. It is okay to be wrong, it leads to deeper understanding, you need to recognize that you will never have perfect understanding unless you know all, and that is to seek to be God and God you are not.
As I stated before, I'm not afraid to be wrong and that it is possible that I am wrong about things. If I am wrong, I want to know about it so it can be corrected, but I need to know why it is wrong and not just someone's opinion on the matter. You on the other hand will not admit that you could be wrong about what you believe.

As I seek knowledge, I know that I will come across things that may be wrong. It is up to me to decide which to believe and which not to believe. I don't think I will ever have the full truth, but it won't stop me from trying. Again, if that makes me a coward, then I am what I am.

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join