It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sun hacked again, polling data leaked

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Messaged from, Anonymous News Network:

A user identifying himself as "Batteye" has leaked data from News Corp-owned tabloid The Sun. The leak seems to be unrelated to (although possibly inspired by) LulzSec's operations against The Sun.

www.anonnewsnet.com...[/url]

The movement for transparency and dignity is moving forward as others take up the cause.

UPDATE: from BBC twitter feed

@ BBC Global News The Sun newspaper emails thousands of readers warning their personal data may have been published online, after #hacking of its website

edit on 2-8-2011 by trika3000 because: updated

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
An interesting take on the hacker's motivation. However in a sense they are merely creating efficiency in the machine. They unfortunately don't seem to be able to dig out much information on the persons behind the wheel. It's all well and good exposing the workings but what would be more useful to a site like this could be their motivations. Notwithstanding the fact that it's unlikely to be put on any computer. My two penny worth.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   

However in a sense they are merely creating efficiency in the machine.
reply to post by goldentorch

What "Machine"? The internet? The Sun? The net security companies? If by creating "efficiency" you mean making security harder to crack? But it should be hard to crack. Plus, is maliciousness the goal, or is it for the Lulz? You know the Sun was scramblin' around the office.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Maliciousness is certainly the goal of the Sun, some of the articles are such closed minded tripe it is insulting.

Except page 3, make it page 1 in a one paged revision of the sun, sold for 1p.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by trika3000

Accepted, I suppose like others I question such peoples tactics and direction. Battle honours count for nothing if you lose the war.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Battle honours count for nothing if you lose the war.

reply to post by goldentorch

i agree. But like "terrorists" and/or the "Minute men", a constant stream of small hits forever makes sure the war never ends. The old types of warfare - of battles - of this side -vs- that side - i think are coming to a close (as America is finding out with it's wars and should've figured out in the '60s).

It appears (to me at least) we are entering a post border, post nationalism, post US vs THEM mentality.
The youngsters will win in the end, as i have figured out the older i grow, "Time is not on my side"... And if in the end of it they shut the internet down (who cares, it's for business anyway), groups like Anonymous will take it somewhere else, as they kind of existed before the internets anyway.

top topics

join