It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Survey Results: The U.S. Debt Crisis

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I don't put much faith in polls or statistics in general for that matter.

"An unsophisticated forecaster uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than for illumination."
Andrew Lang

or

"Satan delights equally in statistics and in quoting scripture...." ~H.G. Wells
edit on 2-8-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhantomLimb
No surprise that a majority of posters on ATS think of the establishment as ALL being corrupt.

That is because we are educated folk here, that actually read and pay attention to the news, and use our minds.

The rest of America, 95% are too busy watching baseball games, American Idol or Jersey Shore. Actually I think most, don't even know who the VP of the US is.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I'm surprised most are against TAX rises, I believe the rich who messed up this situation should pay higher taxes to fix the problem. Instead the government decreased the TAXES, one bail out company literally paid I think 0-1% tax, this is the problem. But who cares, the TAX payer money was pocketed anyways.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skerrako
Im just glad people see that the conservative media is awful.

I am a conservative, and we really dont have a mainstream media outlet. I abhor the neo-con FOX news channel, and dislike the others a bit less

Very interesting how most blame the conservative media as being the most corrupt.

Can't stand Sean Hannity.

Bill O'Reilly is pretty good and Shepard Smith is pretty cool.

+17 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by confreak

Because most ATS posters, despite our site's tagline, have the collective brains of a rotten log.

Just look at that first poll. "HERP DERP I HOPE IT CRASHES AND BURNS!!!!" is not an intelligent position. I don't care how many cans of campbell's soup you have stashed in your storm cellar.

Also there's this sad belief that it's bad to tax the rich because we'll all be rich someday. It's like the beaten wife who thinks if she doesn't cry, her abuser will finally love her.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Interesting....and somewhat disturbing.....

Disturbing that more people here would rather see a financial disaster happen, and that they apparently assume this would be a good thing.

Interesting results on the opinions as to who is corrupt. From the results, it's clear more here are liberal in their thinking. However, even with that said, Obama was marked as very corrupt by most. VERY interesting!

Agreed that the polls can be cool.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
what?

of the parties involved in this issue, which do you believe are the most corrupt?

and 60% think they are? even tho they control 1/3 of the government?

wow

and then the teaparty is more corrupt than the democrats?

wow

and the conservative media is the most corrupt?

wow

i just lost faith in ats
edit on 2-8-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

And we have lost faith in the so-called "conservative Republicans" a long time ago!

If you could show me a liberal media I might be willing to entertain some sort of biased unbalance, but the Extreme Right has a choke hold on all of it. Even MSNBC is trying to mimic FOXNEWS!

If you could show me a Democrat that has any balls to stand up to the Right's propaganda I might believe it. Otherwise this looks as though most of us distrust ALL of them and refuse to conform to an ideology because "Hannity said so!"!
edit on 2-8-2011 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-8-2011 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

Originally posted by kro32
Wow that is certainly a way to post poll results. Impressive.

Turned out pretty much the way I voted and the way I thought it was going too.

And I. Proud of the high column mark for "virtuous" Democrats. Notice the other two are scraping bottom as low as they can go. It isn't much, but it's a start and I'll take it.

Really? Are you serious? FYI, they are ALL corrupt!!!!!

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

Yeah your right thats the only way to cut down the defecit and debt....through cutting spending and raising taxes, people just see that it says raise taxes and they get all mad like noo i dont want to pay more money

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

and abc,cbs,msnbc,nbc and the millions of left wing news sources arent biased

ask anyone on the left whats conservative media fox news 1 news station that reachs maybe 5 million on a good day.

the contrast by democrats hold on education-schools,universities,film.televsion,and their social websites.

james camerons biggest box office hits aliens and avatar both anti corporate heavy anti right winger overtones.

nothing compares to the lefts social engineering and social programming most people are so blind they dont even see it.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by confreak

Because most ATS posters, despite our site's tagline, have the collective brains of a rotten log.

Just look at that first poll. "HERP DERP I HOPE IT CRASHES AND BURNS!!!!" is not an intelligent position. I don't care how many cans of campbell's soup you have stashed in your storm cellar.

Also there's this sad belief that it's bad to tax the rich because we'll all be rich someday. It's like the beaten wife who thinks if she doesn't cry, her abuser will finally love her.

LOL... Collective brains of a rotten log? Biggest change happens in edge of chaos... Your way of thinking will only procrastinate the inevitable, which is our government's way of handling things.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
L M A O @ the results of the "Which party is most corrupt?" question. Everyone in Washington was overwhelmingly selected. That's hilarious and sad all at once. Mostly because (in my opinion at least) it's so true.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
No one can say that Pelosi/Reid/Obama are less corrupt than grass roots anti-tax citizens.

I also hoped for a debt ceiling impasse, as that would FORCE the government to cut spending 40% immediately. The government has raised spending that much in the last four years.

THEY'RE SPENDING TOO MUCH!!!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fdbde51665d9.png[/atsimg]

There are literally HUNDREDS of redundant agencies and bureaucracies in government. Immediately cut half, their roles are redundant anyway either to existing Federal agencies or existing State agencies.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I agree that all the factions within the government are corrupt as hell.They all dance to the tune of the same backers.They won't listen to reason because that's not what they are being paid for.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wyn Hawks
...nicely done, bill... i think we should have more polls... maybe a poll forum that offers one poll a month on whatever topic seems the hottest at the time...

I agree with this wholeheartedly. I would like to see a presidential candidates poll myself. Most of the major media polls are bought out by the elite class.
edit on 2-8-2011 by Hillbilly123069 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-8-2011 by Hillbilly123069 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Great graphics. Props to whoever did them.

Not really surprised that we here on ATS think that they're all corrupt, everyone is playing political games, Mr. Obama is doing a lousy job and it should go down like the Hindenburg.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to inspect my secret underground bunker.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
The one that had me laughing
is the 18% who would call liberal/democrats virtuous..

They had the highest virtuous status..

Sure do stick together don't they...

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Nice analogy

Edit: I am not a member of either party, though
They both can kiss my ass.
edit on 8/2/2011 by Lemon.Fresh because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Interesting indeed.

The results though, are more of a look into the psyche of the participants than anything else.

Regarding the high number of "crash and burn" cheerleaders.. how many, I wonder, were actually from the U.S.?
Considering the number of threads I see blaming the United States for everything under the sun, this makes sense.
Add that group to those drooling for a "revolution" and nobody should be surprised.
A clean slate sounds good to me, but the whole WWIII component of that equation seems a little risky.

Tax only solution? Most strongly disagree. Less in your pocket, more in the hands of the U.S. government. Again, no surprise.
Clearly the winner there is the combination approach, and financial analysts agree.

The strangest result is the 18.1% that selected "virtuous" concerning the corruption of the liberal democratic party.

"Superiority Complex", and the "virtuous" job of dragging the U.S. into the sewer has to be what that reflects, because we all know there is no "virtuous" group whatsoever among the gang of criminals running this country...period.
The conservative leaning participants seem to have answered that one with a bit more honesty.
Same goes for the question regarding the media.

Given the almost unimaginable amount (and acceleration) of debt, at some point there may be no way out aside from calamity. Until that fuse is lit, though, what choice do we have, but to try.
edit on 2-8-2011 by lernmore because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
yeah that crash and burn crowd what were they thinking?

could be a 14 trillion dollar debt? or was it the fact of the 60 trillion in unfunded liabilities called social security and medicaid and medicare that can never be paid for.

or was it the fact that americans age and with that age the cost of maintianing those programs will balloon to over 200 or 300 trillion.

or was it the fact that it would mean a clean slate to start fresh.

hmmmm.

keep taking the rich and one day we all end up on welfare with only 9 million "rich" that one crowd use to call that an endangered species but dont hear any of them trying to preserve them.

yeah i cam hear it now a father asks his son what do you want to be when you grow up?

on welfare.

that ideology was not what built this country sure is whats destroying it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join