It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Team Rewriting Constitution by 2012

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I got this in my e-mail...did a quick search on ats to see if anyone has posted this yet or not and didn't find anything.

Personally I can't believe this BullSNIP!! What the hell can be done to stop it even?!? Is it already too late?

Now I understand why Obama studied Constitutional law. He wanted to “fundamentally change” it. On March 27, 2011 Aaron Klein reported that Obama’s czars and advisors, Holder, Sunstein, and Powers are involved with George Soros in rewriting the Constitution and the Bill of Rights, turning them into a Marxist Manifesto.

Link to this is here- Obama Team to rewrite Constitution by 2012

and inside that site it also links to THIS

MODS: IDK if this is in the wrong forum or not so please move if it is.
edit on 1-8-2011 by dizzie_lizzie79 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-8-2011 by dizzie_lizzie79 because: spelling error

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by dizzie_lizzie79

Well, seeing how this "communist mastermind" just lowered his pants to big buisiness today, I'm fairely certain that you've got nothing to worry about.

Ah, the communist threads. My favorites...

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   

The right to a useful and remunerative job in the industries or shops or farms or mines of the nation;
The right to earn enough to provide adequate food and clothing and recreation;
The right of every farmer to raise and sell his products at a return that will give him and his family a decent living;
The right of every businessman, large and small, to trade in an atmosphere of freedom from unfair competition and domination by monopolies at home or abroad;
The right of every family to a decent home;
The right to adequate medical care and the opportunity to achieve and enjoy good health;
The right to adequate protection from the economic fears of old age, sickness, accident and unemployment; The right to a good education.

I like it, sign me up.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by brianmg5

I know it Does sound appeasing but you know the saying, " Anything that sounds too good to be true...probably is!"

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Mr Obama and team can write and rewrite anything they want... it has to pass Congress and the states. That is not going to happen.

Further, there are too many people that would oppose such a move... including military, and a Civil War would ensue.

The very laws and rules that empower Mr Obama also prohibit Mr Obama... rest easy for now.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlreadyGone
Mr Obama and team can write and rewrite anything they want... it has to pass Congress and the states. That is not going to happen.

Further, there are too many people that would oppose such a move... including military, and a Civil War would ensue.

The very laws and rules that empower Mr Obama also prohibit Mr Obama... rest easy for now.

Just seems like Government is doing soo much thats been Unconstitutional and they get away with it

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Sounds good doesn't it? Until you realize the strings that come with it.

The right to a useful and remunerative job in the industries or shops or farms or mines of the nation;

Gov will decide where you work

Gov decides what your salary will be

The right of every farmer to raise and sell his products at a return that will give him and his family a decent living;

Gov will tell you what you can raise

The right of every businessman, large and small, to trade in an atmosphere of freedom from unfair competition and domination by monopolies at home or abroad;
Gov will decide how much profit you can make

Gov will decide where you live

The right to adequate medical care and the opportunity to achieve and enjoy good health;

Gov will mandate what is considered adequate

The right to adequate protection from the economic fears of old age, sickness, accident and unemployment;

Gov will decide how much you get during retirement (forget 401k's)

The right to a good education.

Gov will decide what you study in school.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   

haha thats nuts dont they relize americans where tought from birth to dislike communism and their ideals I dont have a clue how they think they would get away with trying to implement anything of the sort here especially after we have seen how well it worked out for everyone else.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Obama is not a Marxist. He is a corporatist. He is inching farther to the right than Republican icon Reagan. To me, Obamacare was nothing more than an insurance company bailout.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ohioriver

Sounds good doesn't it? Until you realize the strings that come with it.

Gov will decide where you work

Gov decides what your salary will be

Gov will tell you what you can raise

Gov will decide how much profit you can make

Gov will decide where you live

Gov will mandate what is considered adequate

The right to adequate protection from the economic fears of old age, sickness, accident and unemployment;

Gov will decide how much you get during retirement (forget 401k's)

Gov will decide what you study in school.

That's all speculation and fear mongering. You have no clue about any of that. You've taken the wost case scenario and applied to every new right! That is truly revealing...

Much like one of the posters said above, this would have to approved by congress, and only a congress of our worst nightmares would vote in the terrible ideas you just represented.

If you look back through history (thousands of years), you can clearly see that life gets better and better (especially when considering social issues) so please forgive me if I steer away from the "glass is half empty" perception and go with a much more positive outlook.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I'll say it again, I don't want anything from the rotten government! I want them to leave me the hell alone! I want them out of my daily life. I don't care if they promise everyone all the money they could want and immortality, I want them to stay away. I am a free man and I don't need a big daddy.
edit on 1-8-2011 by Redwookieaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Redwookieaz
I'll say it again, I don't want anything from the rotten government! I want them to leave me the hell alone! I want them out of my daily life. I don't care if they promise everyone all the money they could want and immortality, I want them to stay away. I am a free man and I don't need a big daddy.
edit on 1-8-2011 by Redwookieaz because: (no reason given)

I think you would've really enjoyed being a caveman.

Second line.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Doesn't matter what they write, it will never become the law of the land. America is still by and large a center right country and that reads like a dumbed down communist manifesto.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
The op has brought up a question as to if the Obama Administration is in the process of changing or trying to change the constitution of the United States of America. While this seems implausible, however it is possible, yet very difficult to do. For the sake of argument, lets say that the Obama Administration is doing just that, going to try to change the Constitution of the United States of America, then the question is how would they accomplish such.
There are only 2 ways to change the constitution, and it is very carefully spelled out. Any way other than these 2 ways would make it invalid and pretty much be killed real quick.
The first way is for a bill to pass both houses of the legislature, and have to have 2/3 majority from both houses, require the presidents signature and then go to all 50 states, where is would need two-thirds of the country to approve the measure. That means 34 states would have to sign off on such, for it to be made 17 states would have to veto such for it to be defeated. And normally there is a time limit on such, usually about 7 years before such is officially dead.
The second way and this is where it gets more and more difficult, That would be that a Constitutional Convention would have to be called by 33 to 34 states and then all of the amendments and other changes would require ¾ approval of the states populations to get such passed.
However here is the problem once such is started, it is a process that needs to be weighed carefully, and very cautiously, cause you never know what may end up in the entire process, to include some states deciding to break away from the United States of America. In short the very union could end up dissolving due to the mess it would create or even people just flat our rejecting it. Make no mistake, they can’t do such without the will of the people and they would need ¾ of the population to vote on such. So in this case with the way the country is going, it is not likely to happen. The people are not happy and do not trust the government, so there really is no way to do such, and there are those fringe elements that would decide to go off on another tangent. Though it pays to pay attention and to watch, only to act. However, this is also a line that if crossed could result in more of an armed response on the part of the people.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   

I'm not exactly sure what you said is supposed to mean. Are you saying that I am stupid or backwards or something like that?

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

You all know me, strict Constitutionalist all the way. I read the manifesto, and this struck a chord....

In his book, Sunstein laid out what he wants to become the new bill of rights, which he calls the Second Bill of Rights:
His mandates include the following:

The right to earn enough to provide adequate food and clothing and recreation; The right of every farmer to raise and sell his products at a return that will give him and his family a decent living;

source

I cannot see anything wrong with this set of "mandates." When did Sunstein become interested in our welfare? This bears watching, people

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
All 3 Branches of the Federal Government no longer define "American" as a citizen of the States.

Starting in 2000 illegal aliens started getting new car loans with only a utility bill and a little money down....and they drove them across the border and never paid for them.

Starting in 2005 illegal aliens started getting mortgages, with no ID or Social Security number.

They bought and sold homes between themselves and fled the country. 12 million illegals walked away from their mortgages. $350,000 average mortgage times 12 million....you do the math.

The Federal Government allowed the country to be robbed. TREASON.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

On March 27, 2011 Aaron Klein reported that Obama’s czars and advisors, Holder, Sunstein, and Powers are involved with George Soros in rewriting the Constitution and the Bill of Rights, turning them into a Marxist Manifesto.

A "marxist manifesto"...?

Obviously the source for this "news" could only be WND.

I notice that all these asinine allegations start with the phrase "I received this email message that..." (not directing this at the OP as it's posted like this across many right-wing Web sites). I suppose that's the preferred means of posting allegations without facts or sources. Hey I received an email message that Obama is rewriting the constitution and they're going to slip it into the frame at the National Archives in the dead of night. That way when everyone wakes up the next morning they can point at it and say "Oh look, Article 8 clearly states we're to be a marxist islamofascist athiest nation...!"

Anyone who believes this garbage needs their head examined.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Redwookieaz

I'm not exactly sure what you said is supposed to mean. Are you saying that I am stupid or backwards or something like that?

Not at all. You claimed you didn't want any government whatsoever and I bet the caveman had very very little government beyond the occasional grunt and bash in the head.

I'm not convinced that you don't support a government. IE: Police, Fireman, road, sidewalks, disaster relief and clean up efforts, defense, etc.

Government has it's place. Do you honestly think life would be better with zero rules and zero cooperation with each other?

For example; without regulation concerning water contamination cooperations can once again dump toxic waste into the water your kids drink. Is that the kind of world you want to live in?

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Are u insinuating that people are not supposed to question things like this when the subjects arise?

Because if you are
then your the one who needs the head examined Thank you very much!

To suggest just because of the source that something came from based upon your personal opinion shouldn't even be questioned is PURE and UTTER ignorance at the very least!

Have a great day insulting peoples intelligence
Must make you feel good to do that!

By the way...where did i even come close to saying this? Because I DID NOT!!! Thanks for trying to shove unspoken words in my mouth!

Hey I received an email message that Obama is rewriting the constitution and they're going to slip it into the frame at the National Archives in the dead of night. That way when everyone wakes up the next morning they can point at it and say "Oh look, Article 8 clearly states we're to be a marxist islamofascist athiest nation...!"

for your information i get news for both sides of the isle...I AM AN AMERICAN FIRST....you little wray of sunshine

edit on 1-8-2011 by dizzie_lizzie79 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join