It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Censorship and Propaganda in the USSA

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
While surfing the web I ran across this article that I thought should be addressed on ATS. While it has a somewhat inflaming, slanted view, some of the points it highlights are true and important.

For all those who do not know, Propaganda and Censorship in the United States has reached a level that even the Nazis or Soviets could not dream of reaching. Before long, there will be no sites available to the people that accurately depict the news from a non-biased point of view.

If anyone has the time, I would highly recommend a book that honestly paints a fairly realistic picture of the United States just 10 years in the future. It's called "Republic" by Charles Sheehan-Miles. The scary thing is that the actions described in this novel are not far fetched by any stretch of the imagination. Maybe 10 years ago, but now, it would be entirely plausible.

Now onto the article:

While much of the world is erupting into protests, riots and revolutions, many look quizzingly at the US and wonder why there hasn’t yet been mass protests inside the US.

The main reason is that the US, still clinging to the last few months of having the world’s reserve currency, has been able to avoid any and all attempts at “austerity” because the US Federal Reserve Note (dollar) can still be printed with impunity to “pay” for the massive debts of the US Government.

The other reason the US has managed to avoid massive social uprisings to date is because the US Government propaganda machine is unmatched in history.

Many in the US are familiar with the tools of the Soviet Union’s propaganda machine and their two newspapers, Izvestia and Pravda. In the Russian language, Izvestia means “news” and Pravda means “truth”.

There is an old saying in Russia that “there is no Pravda in Izvestia and no Izvestia in Pravda”.

The main difference with the USSR of old and the USSA of today is that in the USSA the people believe the propaganda. People tune in to Katie Couric or Brian Williams or read the New York Times as though it is not just an apparatus of the state and is actual, real news.

Pravda = New York Times or CNN
Izvestia = The Washington Post or MSNBC

The propaganda in the US has been incredibly successful mainly because the US Government has managed to use the propaganda to convince people that they are free. As Johann Wolfgang von Goethe said, “None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.”

And that is the case today in the US.

The propaganda is absolutely everywhere but even worse than what is said, what may be even more controlling of the masses is what is left unsaid and that which is censored.

Take for example, the man who burned himself to death on Monday on the steps of a New Hampshire courthouse to protest years of being oppressed and attacked by the “legal” system. Never heard about it? Well, you certainly wouldn’t hear it from the mainstream presstitutes. Only what is called the “alternative media” (AKA honest, true news) picked up on it.

Had you heard that story? I hadn't. I looked it up and here is the information:

A New Hampshire man burned himself to death in front of a
courthouse. The specific reasons are individual to him, regarding a
domestic violence arrest and prosecution. But the larger reason he
killed himself is that he says the system no longer follows the Rule of
Law. Once you read past the details, he gives a fascinating analysis of
the system. He argues for a complete takedown of the Federal Government...

Link

Scary how things like that just happen not to be shown by any the MSM.

Anyway, the article goes on to point out things such a Google/Facebook Censorship and the future of the internet kill-switch.

Definitely worth the read.

Your thoughts, concerns?

Censorship Article

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by isthisreallife

Wow when did this happen a guy really burned him self at a court house just goes to prove that they are effective at keeping us ignorant as this is the first I've heard of it. Thats insane o well as with most americans if you arent messing with their circle they dont knotice thats a bad habbit. but wow

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I read the 1928 book Propaganda recently and everything is like the book describes.

I remember a few years back when a magazine (thought it was Time) printed a story about the US war with Afghanistan in their magazine globally, except the they didn't run the story in the US edition, they got some family story crap.

it's sick how much our media is controlled by political agendas.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonco6

Wow when did this happen a guy really burned him self at a court house just goes to prove that they are effective at keeping us ignorant as this is the first I've heard of it. Thats insane o well as with most americans if you arent messing with their circle they dont knotice thats a bad habbit. but wow

Remember, if it doesn't appear on the 5 o'clock news, it didn't happen. It doesn't matter if a man dies or a hundred men die, it didn't happen.

As time passes, it will only get worse. Just wait.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by isthisreallife

Partisan much??? where is fox news in your piece? why not also mention talk radio?

Your posting that this is some kinda liberal issue by listing the news sources above, like there is a good side and a bad side in this debate.....

Both sides sucks

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

I cut my historical teeth on WWII, and my teething ring was "The World AT War" so to speak. I have been saying for years that we should compare our present situation to that of pre-war Germany. The particular episode of World At War pertaining to this illustrates it clearly.

The False Flag attack, the patsy whose being brought to justice must be anti-climactic, a rubber stamp Reichstag/Congress, propaganda, private armies being raised, a muzzled press, corporate interests who have more say in the Government than the people do (of course this is called Fascism). The biggest difference between then and now is that the masses were making money then, and their situation actually removed them from inflation rather than causing it.

In Germany, the people were needed to carry the movement along, and to enlist in the Army to carry out the war. This time they have figured out how to make bad conditions translate into more enlistment. Is this another gauge of how bad the propaganda is, or is it an indication that the only enemy they are preparing to deal with is us?

Then we have the book; "The Rise Of The Fourth Reich" by Jim Marrs who says that the uniforms, tanks and goose-stepping are gone but the Nazi money and ideology is alive and well right here in the US thanks to the tireless work of the Dulles Brothers and their cronies. They dropped the military and picked it up in the economic arena. Their quest? Same as it ever was; world domination! (Globalism? Doesn't ring any bells with me.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Didn't the Republic also a predicted a second american civil war? I read it like in 2007 but forgot most parts of it because at the time I dismiss it as pure fantasy due to it sounding like a time traveler named John Titor who in 2000-2001 predicted a second american civil war and the rise of despotism in the US
edit on 31-7-2011 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire

Partisan much??? where is fox news in your piece? why not also mention talk radio?

Your posting that this is some kinda liberal issue by listing the news sources above, like there is a good side and a bad side in this debate.....

Both sides sucks

Not at all. I actually hate Fox News more than the Washington Post. I just felt that since they were Newspapers and Fox News is a television station, it didn't work as much. If you know of a Nationally known Conservative Newspaper, feel free to enlighten me.

I was unaware of one, so I decided to just use the two major Liberal newspapers.

I also agree that both sides suck and we should completely abandon the bipartisanship in American society today.

reply to post by starwarsisreal

The "Republic" does predict a second Civil War. But, the way it is set up is very plausible if things continue downhill. If the Government no longer represents nor protects the Citizens of the United States of America, we have a DUTY to revolt against it.
edit on 31-7-2011 by isthisreallife because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

I want you to read this book called John Titor a time traveler's tale it talks about his predictions ranging from the US becoming a Despotic Nation to a second american civil war and finally to world war 3 with the russians helping out the freedom fighters. His predictions sounds like the Republic.

www.scribd.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
while the story about a man setting himself on fire is certainly sensational, and i am surprised it wasnt all over the news, i'm not sure it is really very political or important. I think it might be a stretch to try and make this a political act, and not desperate cries for attention from a crazy man.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonco6
Wow when did this happen a guy really burned him self at a court house...

You need to read ATS more often.

There's a lot of crap here, but there's also a lot of news...

Police: Man Found On Fire Near Courthouse Dies
Man burns himself to death to avoid US debtors prison

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

Well you might be right, but it is a clear example of either censorship or just plain avoidance by the MSM. I'm not saying they did it for any political reason other than the fact that he killed himself, and claimed anti-government reasons. Any person that calls for the abolishment of the Federal Government is going to be ignored or labeled by the Mainstream.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

that reminds me will there be an insurrection similar to Shays Rebellion in the future?

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

. Any person that calls for the abolishment of the Federal Government is going to be ignored or labeled by the Mainstream.

I must have missed where he called for the abolishment of the Federal Gov't.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Yep. It's right in the link in my OP.

He argues for a complete takedown of the Federal Government
and starting over from scratch.

(I meant that in a respectful way, take no offense.)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal

Didn't the Republic also a predicted a second american civil war? I read it like in 2007 but forgot most parts of it because at the time I dismiss it as pure fantasy due to it sounding like a time traveler named John Titor who in 2000-2001 predicted a second american civil war and the rise of despotism in the US
edit on 31-7-2011 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

John Titor quote:

01-31-2001 03:41 PM

64. The year 2008 was a general date by which time everyone will realize the world they thought they were living in was over.

65. The civil war in the United States will start in 2004. I would describe it as having a Waco type event every month that steadily gets worse. The conflict will consume everyone in the US by 2012 and end in 2015 with a very short WWIII.

hmmmmm???

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

oh, no biggie. obviously im a blind dumb ass

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

I plead the fifth

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grey Magic
I read the 1928 book Propaganda recently and everything is like the book describes.

I remember a few years back when a magazine (thought it was Time) printed a story about the US war with Afghanistan in their magazine globally, except the they didn't run the story in the US edition, they got some family story crap.

it's sick how much our media is controlled by political agendas.

Grey Magic illustrates an excellent and important point; that book is from 1928!

Over the years I have read some very well written editorials warning of censorship in America that were reprints of originals found in print in the 1800's. The well-known Larry Flynt (Hustler Magazine) has reprinted some of these early censorship letters, editorials and articles in his publications over the years.

This topic is as timely now as it ever was. It's one more vital concern to share with family, friends, co-workers, strangers on line at the store, you name it. It's up to us to continue to spread the word and wake the sleeping. Now more than ever, people must be made aware - before it's too late!

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

If you know of a Nationally known Conservative Newspaper, feel free to enlighten me.

According to Bruce Kelly, this is Conservative media.

Newspapers

The Washington Times - Politics, US and World News.

The Washington Examiner - Washington DC Political News.

The New York Post - Gossip, Sports, Entertainment and More.

The Wall Street Journal - Business and Financial News.

Opinion Journal - The Wall Street Journal Editorial Page.

IBD Editorials - Editorials, Political Cartoons, and more from Investor's Business Daily.

Internet Public Library: Newspapers - The online editions of various newspapers from around the world.

The New York Times - Times Watch.

<<   2 >>

join