It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Murdoch Analogy- Greed Ideology

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

I thought this was an excellent summation of the Murdoch empire, and granted, freedom allows such bias and sensationalism, but imo, this type of garbage does more harm than good in a society. The way they play on appeal with sex, and the hypocrisy(Fox) is just crazy. Have you seen Fox's morning shows? Always short skirts with full view.
I know sex sells, but I personally think it should not be woven into informing people about serious news, except maybe the weather.

Anyway, I thought this interview was a good slice of observation.
Greed as an ideology? Exactly!

Peace,
spec
edit on 30-7-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Nice interview, I'm sure you'll have a few on here defending their great leader Murdoch, willfully blinding themselves to the vile practices of his organisations.

Here is a rag which took genuine public grief at horrific crimes against children, manipulated it into dangerous and cynical campaigns to sell more papers, and all the while spied on the parents of the very murdered child in whose name it said it was acting.

Who hacked into the telephone of a missing girl - a murdered girl - listened to her family's griefstricken messages to her and then deleted them to make way for more - causing her family to believe she must still be alive.

Here is a sewer which gushes forth filthy smears that disabled people and single parents are scroungers who refuse to take responsibility, while its gilded executives - the son placed in the top job by daddy - sack others to save their own skins.

www.votegeorgegalloway.com...
edit on 30-7-2011 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-7-2011 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Yea, this was pretty revealing to me, and reflects Murdoch's impression and influence on the world. I know part/much of the popularity is due to people's desire to see such also, but I still wish such sensationalism was not spoon fed to the masses via breast footage.

spec

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
This says it all;
CABLE NEWS RACE
MON., AUG 1

FOXNEWS O'REILLY 3,178,000
FOXNEWS HANNITY 2,196,000
FOXNEWS BAIER 2,127,000
FOXNEWS SMITH 2,085,000
FOXNEWS GRETA 1,817,000
MNSBC O'DONNELL 1,138,000
MSNBC HARDBALL 1,026,000
CNN MORGAN 859,000
CNN COOPER 851,000
MSNBC MADDOW 832,000
MSNBC SHARPTON 699,000
CNNHN GRACE 663,000

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Surfrat

By that you mean how far reaching this destructive, yet successful 'greed ideology' is? Like the guy said, Murcoch wanted to create a bias news organization for profits, so yea this shows the success and how many people like one side of things, or hearing what they want to hear(?), no, what they are told without knowing all the facts, is more like it.
Because if you are supporting Fox news, and defending Murdoch, please clarify for me so that I will know to detach myself from you. If you are not saying that, then yea your info represents the how far the bias BS reaches. And the absence of Fox, IMO, does not leave just liberal. What's left is mainstream, with some liberal perspective.

spec

edit on 3-8-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
People obviously enjoy more than the Liberal perspective.
It’s all about choice and ratings reflect the trends.
The CEO stuff is a soap opera.

new topics

top topics

join