It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Planned Mindset of the Truth Seeker

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Really do not know where to put this thread, so hopefully this is the correct forum.

I have been on the search for the truth for the last 10 years. Researching conspiracy theories, the occult, etc. My eyes have been opened somewhat, but now I grow fearsome of my journey. Recently I ran into an old friend. He had moved to another state and back here about a month ago. One day we talked about UFOs and I was surprised of the knowledge he had on the subject. We then talked about Secret Societies and Relgions. He also seemed well versed in the subject and then we talked of Conspiracy Theories, he also seemed to know many of the secrets that I did.

It turned out that he went to the same websites I did, watched the same videos as myself, read the same books and knew about the same people I did. He knew of David Icke, Alex Jones, Jordan Maxwell, William Cooper, etc.
It was if he was lead to the same information that I was and had formed the same opinions.

My question is, what is we are all lead to the same occult mindset. That is, there is a system which directs us to occult knowledge, but it is not the TRUE knowledge, whether a mindset waiting on us. I have noticed that alot of fellow truth seekers hold a false sense of superiority and that they tell people to "open their eyes", but what if the mindset of this "superior" person has been deceived and is no better than a person who has not yet learned their false paradigm.

All I am saying is, that if we are all lead to the same "hidden" knowledge, there is a reason for it. There is definitely a pattern going on here. Every "truth seeker's" body of knowledge, mindset, and moral code has grown awefully close to one another.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I find no solace in the truth. I find only comfort in seeking the truth. Yet feel empty when i find it.

I sit and wait for the next "Breaking story" But why.? What drives me.. Nothing. What thrills me..
The endless pursuit to know.. But why must i know.? Will it change me? Will it effect me.. Probably not.

This is the problem with conspiracy theorists.. No explanation is good enough, and everything is in question.. Sometimes i wonder.. Do we create our own hell?
edit on 28-7-2011 by TechVampyre because: gramma

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I don't feel superior, I feel responsible.

I believe we stumbled across this mindset together because we're the one's asking questions.

People have been taught to be good listeners for so long that it's all they seem to do now.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I think it is good to look at all the info out there as long as you are always leery and aware of possible hidden agendas. It's all so doom and gloom though and can instill fear and complacency. I've looked at all those people that you have mentioned and then some and studied similar if not the same stuff for years, but it can have a negative impact at times. I like to find the similarities or little nuggets of truth that can be assimilated from all of the different sources out there. For example David Icke and Alex Jones don't speak on all the same issues, but there are times when they do and the same goes for all the other dozens and dozens of popular alternative news and info people out there. I believe some of them are out there for disinformation purposes, so that is why I'm always careful in taking too much stock in all these people. I think it is more impowering to focus on the spiritual self in whatever avenue soots best and that can help balance and decipher the truth better. Most important is to not have any fear because that I do believe is one of the agendas of TPTB. For what better way to control someone than with fear?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Truth seekers are seeking the ultimate truth! "Who am I and Why am I here? All other truths mastered slowly lose their luster until you reach the final truthisms of your journey.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Wanagi

Exactly. One need to question the motives of the individuals who are easily accessed and also how did these figures come to be considered experts on the subject. Where do they get the assets to put their name out there so easily. Why are their beliefs any better than anothers?

These are questions which need to be asked. Why are we drawn towards these same "teachers" more than anyone else.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by blazenresearcher

The question I have more than other currently is

Why is the world the way it is right now?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Jdawg9909

I think what matters is "how" much someone is willing to learn, "where" they learned it, and "what" they do with the knowledge, and finally, "can" it set them free? For me I am fully aware that just when I think there's nothing left and I find myself full circle, I stumble across something that starts me back at the beginning.

This in fact excites me and keeps me going. I think that going as far back as you can can make your journey easier. I am fully aware that I have to "un-learn" in order to find truths, and I am willing to take the steps to do it. Not many people are.

I understand that my parents were not aware of the indoctrination or religion, school, and government that I am aware of now, and with knowing that I now prepare the next generation (my children) with what I now have the opportunity to learn on places like ATS.

If it were not for the members, staff, and owners, then I feel that my journey would be less fulfilled. Every time I see a thoughtful thread such as this, I am relieved that we care for one another, and we are still venturing to learn more, and share more.

Your friend and yourself is what I hope that the future will turn out to be, and if we talked more with one another we can find out so much more. I myself am beginning to open up with people outside this site, and I too am amazed that many people are starting to wake up.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

You raise some really good and valid points, at least in my book. I think, as you stated above, most are seeking to understand why the world is in the state it is in. I see no problem with this, but I do think that people must be careful, in that researching the depths of these sometimes troubling subjects can pollute the mind to seeing reality in the same manner as these so called "bad people" do. The truth is, is that these people who have created these 'secrets', and who have directed our human world into this troubling pattern, are themselves suffering from a very polluted and distorted view of reality/life. And so one must be careful to avoid falling into these same patterns if they wish to continue learning about these things.

Then you have people, as Blazingresearcher stated, who have accepted that their inquisitive desire to seek out this knowledge is largely tied into ultimately figuring out who we are and why we are here. Again, I see nothing wrong with this, but again, people must be careful in doing this. I say that because if they have enough drive and will power to take these questions to there limits, they will find out that they are ultimately unanswerable in any absolute or objective way. For some this can lead them into utter insanity and make them grasp even harder on to delusions, but to the contrary, for some it can 'unlock' the highest realizations that man can attain and bring them into a state of complete self mastery.

Anyways, this is just my .02 and I will leave you with my favorite quote by the Buddha as of late, "It is not what you do, but why and how you do."

Peace.
edit on 28-7-2011 by LifeIsEnergy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   

The search for truth is strong in some, i think it is because some have seen too much confusion. As soon as we smell a rat or see the rabbit hole we are down it. Soon, none of it makes sense and we realize that it is all a lie.
If you follow the rabbit hole all the way down you will find that there is no 'thing' that is true.
There is only 'one' thing that can be relied upon, only one thing that is true.
The ultimate truth. Satsang. The realization of the Self.
The Self is not a 'thing', it is everything, and when recognized it will solve all confusion.

Namaste.
edit on 29-7-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Very wise Life is Energy and Jdwagg. The drive to find the truth is your desire to find your spirituality. Some that search for the truth in conspiracies only to be non-gratified will move on to seek more knowledge. The conspiracies will not matter the more indepth that they seek. Yes, there is a point where the knowledge you find could drive someone to insanity. It is best to digest a little at a time. Reflect on each piece for awhile before trying to take in more. I believe at a certain level there is some knowledge that is beyond our minds comprehension. We just do not have the ability to comprehend.

I am still in search of the knowledge and truth. Is there an "ultimate" truth? I don't know. Maybe the "ultimate" truth IS that it is about the journey and not the destination.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by blazenresearcher

No journey is needed and the only destination is here and now, the placeless place.
Everything appears in the space of now.
Be at peace.
You have arrived to find there was no one there.
Only here is here.
The absence of the need is the presence of now.

Namaste.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   

All I am saying is, that if we are all lead to the same "hidden" knowledge, there is a reason for it. There is definitely a pattern going on here. Every "truth seeker's" body of knowledge, mindset, and moral code has grown awefully close to one another.

Only those foolish enough to look for truth on the internet.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Where do you look for truth?

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

A profound truth to contemplate. Namaste!

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   

The search is a personal journey and not all information is on the internet or even in books. Although books can offer you knowledge, the internet is a place to view others ideas. The wisdom will come from within. Your true reflection is in the silence. Go there and find it.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Where do you look for truth?

Show me your original face, before you were born.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

It can not be seen.
It only sees.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
The Truth is NOT a conspiracy theory.

The reason is very simple. Because a conspiracy theory requires a group of criminals to commit a crime, otherwise it's not a true conspiracy theory. So if you make conspiracy theorism into a religion you are worshipping the criminals in power. That is a form of satanism, and a deceptive one at that.

The truth is difficult to explain, but to give an example of some authors throughout history who have professed the truth: Buddha, Plato, Plotinus and the neoplatonism movement, Shankara and the Advaida Vedanta movement, the Original Buddhists such as George Grimm and Julius Evola, other various Enlightenment philosophers like Descartes.

This is all my opinion of course, but what is not my opinion is the truth. The truth is no matter what you think it to be. Saying anything more than that attempts to place truth into a conceivable box, which is impossible. But in short, the truth is eternal, unchanging, the same no matter what day or night it is. A conspiracy theory does not fit this mold. If anything you could talk about the perpetual grasp for tyranny as being close to never ending, but even then you'd have to admit that if the reach for tyranny is always occurring they must not control the world.

Anyone following along with this? A lot of enlightened people are on ATS, so that's why I'm interested to know. I still feel like researching conspiracy theories is important though, because I really don't know how this will all turn out, good or bad, whether my actions affect it or not, I know that I change as a result, but for good or bad, I think it is just change. Can we ever change back? Why not? Since we changed once, we can change back. But there is never one mode of permanence, it is constant change. That's what life is mostly like. There is no permanence, except the truth. That's why the truth is an anchor. It may not get you to where you are going, but it will provide you rest once you get there. What motivates us is desire, which is not quite truth, it contains our own inclinations and thoughts, it may not be realistic, nor will it comfort us if we ever finally get it. The truth, however, is always there for us.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   

UFO and Occult is a bunch of speculative hogwash.

Why? There is no point to agree with each other, there is no gain, it does not speed up the coming of UFOs or does not give you magic occult powers.

Instead of that, try to look at the real issues that planet Earth and its inhabitants face. Because THEN you will be able to do something positive with what you know. I think it's called growing up, I'm not sure though...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join