It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evidence found for unseen comet that may threaten Earth

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

thanks for the clarity on the Elenin point - I hope the elenin people hear it... seriously... no telling how they'll try to connect this

As for the extrapolation, yeah I figured they were just making it up as they go - at this point I have to say they're clueless but felt they just had to say something.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by CodyOutlaw

Comets act like capacitor and everything they discovered in the missions, deep impact is one, went against their theories but were predicted by the Electric Universe Theorists. Note, they range from zero water, to 0.5%, based on the ones directly observed, they're not dirty iceballs, and they carry a charge, EM charge, they emit Xrays.

Quite normally a comet will remain small and hard to see, until it gets closer to the sun.

Both Honda and Elenin are close, so wonder why this article is given now. They're not on a known collision course, the whole thing with them will be determined by the size of the EM charge they're carrying and the interaction between the sun and comet, when its closest. They will affect us in some way, due to the charge, and due to photons, and the magnetic portals that link the sun to earth even if it doesnt result in a huge cme.

These are given for information, not what's soon to come, because to me, with HAARP and even the capacities of cern, they don't need the comets. I believe whatever they do will be slight of hand.

1/6 Comets - Not What We Expected

Planet of a Thousand Mysteries

SYMBOLS OF AN ALIEN SKY — Selections (1)
edit on 27-7-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
reply to post by CodyOutlaw

Comets act like capacitor and everything they discovered in the missions, deep impact is one, went against their theories but were predicted by the Electric Universe Theorists. Note, they range from zero water, to 0.5%, based on the ones directly observed, they're not dirty iceballs, and they carry a charge, EM charge, they emit Xrays.

Quite normally a comet will remain small and hard to see, until it gets closer to the sun.

Both Honda and Elenin are close, so wonder why this article is given now. They're not on a known collision course, the whole thing with them will be determined by the size of the EM charge they're carrying and the interaction between the sun and comet, when its closest. They will affect us in some way, due to the charge, and due to photons, and the magnetic portals that link the sun to earth even if it doesnt result in a huge cme.

I have been doing some research on this as well, with all the new data coming in, I have to believe that electric universe theory is going to be getting some serious press time soon. S

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

I find the electric universe theory very interesting.
I've only just started trying to understand it, but it has definitely caught my attention

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by gaurdian2012

Absolutely, why don't we as a species spend our efforts constructing a means to protect ourselves from external threats that we would have otherwise missed. Build us a shield, so to speak.

Once we do that, then I suppose we can go back to killing ourselves.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Thank you for posting this link, it's very interesting.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Let's go Pinky, we have much work to do tomorrow.

(british accent)HA HA! Narf! HA! Why Brain, what are we going to do tomorrow night?

The same thing we do every night Pinky, try to take over ATS!!

Sorry Mod- off topic- but your Avatar made me do it!!

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed
reply to post by gaurdian2012

Absolutely, why don't we as a species spend our efforts constructing a means to protect ourselves from external threats that we would have otherwise missed. Build us a shield, so to speak.

Once we do that, then I suppose we can go back to killing ourselves.

Like Reagan stated, the only thing that will unite us all is a common tangible external threat to our existence.

I am not opposed to a faked invasion of sorts, if it gets everyone working together. Could you imagine what we could accomplish as a race if at least all of our space programs were combined. I don't see why we can't work together in space.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
posted yesterday:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by no time

I am not opposed to a faked invasion of sorts, if it gets everyone working together. Could you imagine what we could accomplish as a race

Whoa. You would be OK with a faked invasion?

Working together sounds nice, but sadly, TPTB would be who we were working for. Your desire, is seemingly theirs as well. While your intentions may be nobel, theirs may not be.

JR

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
How can it be "unseen" if we have "observed" "evidence" of it?

lol

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by no time

So what? I don't understand the point of this post. A few scientists was surprised by a meter shower back in Feb. that was MAYBE or POSSIBLY by an undiscovered comet.. big deal. Not seeing a comet coming this way is plausible and happens all the time, because the size of it just may very well be over looked by other huge things going on in other parts of the multiverse. Everyone getting worked up in this thread please.. learn a little about astrology, and sharpen your comprehension skills.

If you are inferring that if the comet was unable to be detected then maybe this big, bad, and scary ELEnin could very well be Nibiru or Planet X (whatever) then no. Also yes, a comet striking the Earth causing a catastrohpic event is slim very much next to none.

edit on 28-7-2011 by 31Bravo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
reply to post by no time

Damn they just wanna make EVERYTHING a threat these days huh?

Home Grown Terrorists
Right Wing Extremists
Islamic Extremists
Christian Extremists
Unseen Comets

What's next?

edit on 27-7-2011 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

Ever since Chunk grew up and left Neverland, Sloth has been quietly plotting his return, and has one hell of a stash of Baby Ruth's to fuel his fury. Be warned!

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by CodyOutlaw
Um, forgive my ignorance on scientific matters, but how can they NOT see it coming?
Perhaps someone with a better grasp on the subject matter can explain it to me?

As Dan Truman said, in the movie Armageddon, "It's a big-ass sky." Hard to watch every bit all the time.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Contingencies are already being planned, and quasi executed... follow the money.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

ALSO!
words
Thoughts
Free speech
Internet
Air
Water
ETC
ETC
ETC
lolololololololololololol
The truth is the only thing we should fear is the People who tell us to fear these things.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
reply to post by no time

Damn they just wanna make EVERYTHING a threat these days huh?

Home Grown Terrorists
Right Wing Extremists
Islamic Extremists
Christian Extremists
Unseen Comets

What's next?

edit on 27-7-2011 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

I know, next thing might be "Beware of your own shadow".

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by gaurdian2012
I have a question why don't we have a planetary defence system for comets meteors alien invasion? I mean ronald regans star wars program, couldn't that be used for anything that poses a threat to earth? we have all those nukes everywhere put them to some good use

Because you are b.r.o.k.e.?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I just have one question:

Should I panic?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by no time

hmmm yeah... because meteor showers are sooo rare right

I guess you missed this part of the article or just decided to omit it from your OP....

Despite the uncertainty, Cooke said the public shouldn't get into a panic about a potential "doomsday comet."

"Does this shower indicate that a comet's going to whack Earth? I kind of doubt it," he said. "I don't think you can infer from this meteor stream that the parent comet is in a potentially hazardous orbit."

Jenniskens as well urged some perspective, drawing on history as a guide.

"Chances are very small that the comet will actually hit us, as such impacts are rare in Earth’s history," he said.

Space.com Article

Yawns....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join