It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Between Birth and Death: First-hand REAL-LIFE Correlations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
My first time posting in this forum, please move if in incorrect location.

I have noticed a distinct pattern developing within my family circles and i just KNOW other ATS Members will have experienced similar occurances.

I write this thread in the hope that we can open discussion on the topic and discuss possible causes/reasons for this phenomena.

The correlation I wish to discuss is the uncanny occurance in which as one family member is born another one passes away within a 48 hour window either side of the new birth.

The follwing examples are 100% factual and, to me, are more than coincidence:

- I was born one day after my Great Grandmother passed away;
- My niece was born one day after her Great Grandfather passed away;
- One cousin born two days before her Great Grandfather passed away;
- My second cousin was born yesterday, her Great Grandmother passed away today. (R.I.P Nan)

These are but four examples, I'm sure there are more i do not know of, and i'm sure that we could collectively build a very long list of very similar occurances.

SO, the question is, WHY does this happen?

There are many theories out there but i tend to think along of the lines of pre-incarnation 'agreements'. Allow me to explain. There are some beliefs that state that prior to incarnation we make deals or agreements with those who play important parts in the life we are about to enter. A 'soul family' concept. For example, the belief that we chose our parents for very specific reasons to assist with spiriutal growth when incarnated.

I tend to think that it may be possible for a situation to arise whereby one soul 'agrees' to be a spirit guide or mentor for another soul. So in the case of a great granfather passing away days before or after his great grandchild is born, there could be an 'agreement' of sorts in which the great grandfather's soul must depart the Earth plane in order to assist or guide the new born, from the 'other side', through his/her life.

I believe this could be the basis of the 'guardian angel' concept.

Proof in Auras?

I will put this out there to ponder. About 10 years ago i had my aura photographed. In the photo a distinct blue 'shape' could be seen on my left hand side. The person who took the photograph claimed that the colour and placement of the shape indictated that it was likely some kind of guardian spirit who 'watches over' me. Could this blue shape be the energy of my Great Grandmother who passed away the day before i was born? It's possible I guess.

Anyway i have found these correlations to be fascinating and thought i would tap the collective ATS community to see if i was alone in noticing such correlations. What's everyone's thoughts and possible explanations?

edit on 26-7-2011 by srsen because: .

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I'd like to start off by saying, that the connection between your relatives being born and passing away in that small of a time frame, obviously raises some eyebrows. However, that's not to say this will always be the case, but if it keeps reoccuring throughout your life, then throw coincidence out the window. I have a personal story about my experience with the afterlife, and I hope that it might help you somehow, someway.

I'd like to share with you a recount of my own NDE, as a matter of fact, I actually did die! This last Winter, I was involved in a "freak" weightlifting accident. The summary of my accident goes as this...at the time of my accident, my physical strength was through the roof. My bench press was well past a 450 pound max of real weight. I am a National Champion in football, and having 400 pounds on the bench press bar and repping it sucessfully wasn't even the problem. Anyway, as I was resting underneath the bar in between sets, I caught out of the corner of my eye that someone was walking past my head. Then suddenly the bar and it's 400 pounds was on my face. I later found out that the person walking past me, fell into the bar after losing their footing and needless to say the bar came down on my face, not once but twice, because I had placed weightlifting bands at the end of the bar. I was strong enough to get the weight off my face, and began bleeding everywhere. An ambulance came, and on my way to the hospital, my heart stopped beating. The ambulance staff shot me up with epinephrine, and my heart started beating again, and I remember waking up with the staff huddled around me. But during my time dead, I DID CROSS OVER TO THE OTHER SIDE. I wandered through complete blackness KNOWING I was dead. I was fully aware of the accident that had happend, and understood I was dead. And to be honest although it was pitch black, darker than the darkest night you could imagine, I was not afraid, because I knew the lord was with me. For the first time in my life, I was in peace. I no longer had any problem I had to deal with, I no longer worried, I had no fear. I did think about my family I had left behind, but understood and appreciated each one of them for all of the valuable lessons and joy they had brought to my life. And as I continued walking through the blackness, suddenly off in the distance I saw a small light. As I approached the light I saw two dark figures standing in the doorway. And as I came closer to the light, suddenly I heard a voice echo through the endless darkness and say "Nicholas, it is not your time", and then I felt as though I was literally lifted up and thrown backwards. Needless to say, next thing I remember was waking up to see the ambulance staff around me. However, as I was in the hospital, an old woman came into my room and sat on my bed and said "Hello Nicholas, how are you doing?" And I told her "I am doing good", i then asked her where she was from and told me "Martinsville", which is the town my Grandfather grew up in and is burried in right next to his parents. She then smiled and offered to give me holy communion, which I accepted and she began praying with me. And after some time, my cell phone began vibrating which I turned my attention to, so I could silent it, and when I turned back the woman was gone. I asked my nurses later that night about the woman, and they told me they had no idea who she was, and that the hospital did not offer such services.....
So if there's anything to take from my story for other people it's this, THERE IS A GOD, THERE IS LIFE AFTER DEATH, AND EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US HAS RELATIVES, ANGELS AND OTHERWORDLY BEINGS LOOKING OUT FOR US. The accident and my experiences during death made me realize we are judged here on Earth by how we treat our fellow man, and who we truly are inside of our hearts beneath our superficial ego. Trust me when I say this, I used to be a guy who felt rather uneasy when people expressed their love for god and jesus openly, and thought most of them were ridiculous fanatics bordering on needing a mental evaluation. However, after my experiences, and realizing the truth in the bible, I look at the world rather different now, and my faith went from believing to KNOWING.---- Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

edit on 27-7-2011 by nickendres because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
It doesn't happen consistently enough to be considered anything other than coincidences. I've had many cases of births in my family without deaths and visa versa. You may have had these experiences but not everyone has so I wouldn't read much into it.

However whenever a bird almost hit's my car window when i'm driving there will be 3 people I know that will die in a relatively short period of time. Has happened 3 times to me so far yet I'm sure other people haven't experienced that either.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by nickendres

Wow thats amazing mate - although the accident sounded horrible, it was actually a gift! Even though it seemed to be quite a painful and traumatising gift. Although isnt that how we grow the most? Through hardship?

Anyway, I wonder who the old lady was? Perhaps a soul friend? Very interesting. And may i ask, when you were 'in between' worlds on the 'other-side', did you still feel like you were in a physical body? Like as if you were simply walking through the darkness as you would walk to the shops for example? Or did it feel like you no longer had a body? Just curious

So in your opinion, what do you think is the reason for these so-called coincidences? Have you had any similar occurrances in your life? I'm really stunned by how often deaths following or precede births.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Birds hitting your car signfying 3 deaths on the way?! Thats wild, never heard of anything like that before.

See though, i have discussed this phenomena with friends and family and im not the only one, other people report similar occurances. Actually, i know i forgot one when i wrote the OP but i just cant remember it now. That's why i thought to come on here and see exactly how widespread it may or may not be. Something tells me there's something more to it...

Just wanted to add too - i do not think it is an exclusive phenomena, as in births and deaths ONLY occur in pairs. I'm more saying that there seems to be a percentage of births where the death is within two days of it - more than mere coincidence and outside of statistical averages. If it were a week instead of two days, then it doesnt count. There seems to be something with the 48 hour window...
edit on 27-7-2011 by srsen because: .

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Well the best way I could describe it was that I had a form, but was moving based on my thoughts and intentions. However, as far as me being clothed or not, it didn't matter to me. All the things that we worry about here on Earth, really didn't matter to me when I was dead. I had no sense of guilt or pain, and not once did the thought that I wish I could do something over again, cross my mind. I was simply in the present. Based on your story, and my own experience, I believe that your family members who pass on, can come back to protect these new children and to act as guides, but I don't think that these new children are passed family members. For example, I believe the lady who came and visited me, was a past family member looking over me, and I find it quite likley, that your family members would do the same for these newborns.
edit on 27-7-2011 by nickendres because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by srsen

Well I will be the first to admit we don't know everything about the world so you may very well be correct. I will definetly pay closer attention when there is a death or birth in my family.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by nickendres

That's pretty cool, basically how i would imagine it - you were pretty much stripped of your physical vehicle and all that was left was the soul. It would make sense too, once a person is released from the physical vehicle/'prison', there would be no need to regret anything done or not done while in that vehicle, for its purpose and need would have passed. Thanks for the insight mate

reply to post by kro32

Yeah don't get me wrong, i dont think it happens everytime, just way more than it 'should'. Interesting to think bout anyway

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
There are many spectrums of light and energy that the human eye just cannot see so I am not convinced of the aura that you speak of. I do believe there will be a good scientific explanation someday.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Supposedly - can't remember where I read this, but it has always stuck with me.

If you are a Scorpio, then supposedly, you have a greater preponderence to die just before a family member is born.

Could have been Linda Goodman's Sun Signs.

No clue why that stayed with me!

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
All interesting - thanks for the OP and contributions.

Something that may be of interest is Life Between Lives, founded by a Dr. Newton. His material discusses practices and patient accounts of, not just past-life regression but also, Between Life-regression.

I find the stories compelling and consistent, many of which speak to how and why we come when we come and with whom, i.e., we have a soul group we stick with for spiritual evolution, etc.

If any of you feel moved to look into it, I hope it resonates.

Namaste
edit on 27-7-2011 by capod2t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by stellify

Hmmm not sure bout the Scorpio thing, i'm a Peisces. Who knows

Maybe it's got to do with the particular plan or purpose for the new life, ie the new born baby. Perhaps there is a need for help on some level, so the baby incarnates with a 'helper', in the form of their just-deceased family member??

reply to post by capod2t

Might check that out - thanks for the tip!

I also believe in the soul family concept, i think that a group of souls probably incarnate together time after time, playing different roles each time in hope of spiritual growth and evolution. I also believe some souls play similar roles each time, lovers for example. Each soul would try different roles from to time but i reckon there'd be favourites for sure.

I reckon pets would be similar to that too.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by capod2t

Have read both of Michael Newtons books and you're right in some ways the subject matter - Inbetween lives - is more interesting than the past lives themselves.
Would urge everyone to have a read.
Have actually found that the accounts of 'soul group meetings' in his books helped me understand my close ones more. i.e, how siblings can be from the same 2 parents but so different. If you follow his accounts that the siblings decided it would be that way before getting to this life in order that they could then offer each other valuable lessons..
No proof of what he is saying of course but it makes sense to me

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by srsen

The Truth about Auras: The Aura Explained

new topics

top topics

join