It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dutchsinse vs USGS

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ZIPMATT

That's a cloud. Looks like it rained pretty hard.
But I was talking about the people in California. What's that video have to do with anything?

edit on 7/27/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Wow love the fact their in the same room as the live recording,,,,,,,,lol and its sooooooooo old ! lol

Imagine trying that today

little humour

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

LOL that sounds like you live near it Bob

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ZIPMATT

No ,,, i like lettuce on my blt

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
It is thought that the earthquake may have been triggered by the 1992 Landers earthquake some seven years previous, since the recurrence interval of large earthquakes in the Eastern California Shear Zone is considered to be in the order of thousands of years.[3][4] The sequence of 12 foreshocks of up to magnitude 3.8 that began 20 hours before the Hector Mine event occurred in the same location as a cluster of off-fault aftershocks of the Landers quake.[5]

www.youtube.com...

May 14, 2007,,,,,,you got to be kidding me,,,and here we are 4 years later,,,,,,,, wow
edit on 27-7-2011 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

wow

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome

Wow love the fact their in the same room as the live recording,,,,,,,,lol and its sooooooooo old ! lol

Imagine trying that today

little humour

Bet these guys wish they had that stuff,,,,,,hey wait where ARE these guys????????

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
This movie shows 500 years of simulation results generated by GeoFEST, a 3D finite element software modeling solid stress and strain. The data were provided by Dr. Jay Parker of JPL. The simulation data were superimposed on top of LandSAT image of Southern California with Northridge fault drawn as a yellow rectangle. The movie starts with a flying-around of the Northridge fault, followed by the deformation resulted from the earthquake. After the initial deformation fades out, it animates the accumulated surface deformation in time for 500 years. Each color fringe in the movie represents 5.6cm vertical displacement, similar to the InSAR C Band fringe.

www.youtube.com...

ohh sorry,, and the date is,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Uploaded by JPLQuakeSim on Nov 18, 2008,

well they must be getting better,,,you would think so ,,,but i like the first one better,,,whats the purple?? oil??

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
more on topic DATA

www.nature.com...

Earthquake triggering by seismic waves following the Landers and Hector Mine earthquakes

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZIPMATT
reply to post by aboutface

Thats a miserable account of your late brother mate . You dont even respect the fact he is dead . B hell if you were my employer I would leave . Why should he have kissed the backsides of scientists through his own life and swallowed all the bull delivered at schools ; that is truly sick you should be ashamed of yourself. You were his brother - ye dont hand out references like that to the public, ye dont write bad things in peoples obituaries, even if you werent!. You forgot what you didnt know and was unseen to you about him. I didnt . So get a grip.
Where is it written in the unwritten book of life that you have to beleive that is forest fires on this thread even ?
Its not , and you dont get to define the truth either

Thanks for pointing that out to me. Upon reading my post again, I realize how awful it sounded, and I appreciate that you called me out on it. My brother was a terrific brother and family man who saw to it that his children were cared for and as happy as he could make them to be. Once they began to grow up and they were able to see his errors and called him out on it, he changed.

In his final days, he spoke of his regret at not becoming qualified in his chosen field even though he had several opportunities to do so. He also stressed for us all to make sure we didn't let others do the same. So in my own inept way and with my less than suitable words, in trying to make that point, I made it seem as though he was a jerk. However, once he passed that phase of his development, he was a truly loving human being who is still very very sorely missed.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

I do guard the unguarded . Children, animals , natural habitats , I visit these and correct the wrongs they may suffer .
There is good reason the dead are buried in Cemetaries , and every name and date chiselled out. Hence this exchange here.
God be with you your brother and your family my friend.
Peace
edit on 28-7-2011 by ZIPMATT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Well better start at least thinking about a possability of something,,,,its the same fault line.

Coso Volc Field Lava domes

29.07.2011 01:10:14
2.1 North America United States California Linnie There are volcano(s) nearby the epicenter. There are airport(s) nearby the epicenter. VulkĂĄn 0 USGS-RSOE Details

29.07.2011 01:10:24
2.7 North America United States California Linnie There are volcano(s) nearby the epicenter. There are airport(s) nearby the epicenter. VulkĂĄn 0 USGS-RSOE Details

29.07.2011 01:05:16
2.3 North America United States California Linnie There are volcano(s) nearby the epicenter. There are airport(s) nearby the epicenter. VulkĂĄn 0 USGS-RSOE Details

29.07.2011 01:05:27
2.3 North America United States California Linnie There are volcano(s) nearby the epicenter. There are airport(s) nearby the epicenter. VulkĂĄn 0 USGS-RSOE Details

29.07.2011 01:05:36

29.07.2011 01:05:46
2.4 North America United States California Linnie There are volcano(s) nearby the epicenter. There are airport(s) nearby the epicenter. VulkĂĄn 0 USGS-RSOE Details

29.07.2011 01:05:57
2.1 North America United States California Linnie There are volcano(s) nearby the epicenter. There are airport(s) nearby the epicenter. VulkĂĄn 0 USGS-RSOE Details

29.07.2011 01:06:07
2.1 North America United States California Linnie

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
In case someone has not already pointed this out, dutchsinse gets responses from the USGS because he(or his users), cant remember which, will post their phone number/contact info whenever he puts new videos up. So they get a flood of calls, they respond, this fuels conspiracy, and it goes on.

The latest Dutchsinse, debunked
[yvid]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ih2VK-DGrfQ/yvid]
Here, he celebrates some user submitted 'evidence' that there are in fact plumes in the same ancient lavic field, and yet at a separate crater 40 miles from Pisgah. (not however he readily/intentionally titles the video as being relevant to Pisgah).

The ladies who took the 2 pictures establish that they are standing in front of Roy's Cafe in Amboy, CA looking south across the road.

Address for google maps: 87520 National Trails Highway, Amboy, CA 92304 (Roy's Gas & Cafe)

Analyzing their images:
Using google maps, if you go to that address, set the camera on the ground there, find the house/tree pair in their image, you can actually site in where the plume is on the hill (assuming its near the surface, which Is most plausible imo). The mtn terrain in the image and in google earth are clearly similar enough to make this judgement call.

And after picking out where you think the plume was in google maps, and you go there, you'll find evidence of military activity. A little urban training area, and a man-made shooting backstop with craters around/on it. And if you, further, take the coordinates of that position and plug them into google maps, it will let you know in the street map view that this plume was apparently WITHIN the bounds of the military base.

Here are my screen caps of this process:
i.imgur.com...

Also, of note, on google earth, is the hill just a few miles to the West of here 'Lead Mountain'.

What, this Lead Mountain?

Note, that was only a few months ago, and a few miles from where the plume appeared to be.

Oh, and is THIS the same area? (its on google earth)
www.panoramio.com...

Note the comments below the image. Priceless. (I did not save the quotes, but dutch flat out denied this image was relevant on his wall. He always quitely posts to his wall to soothe the true devotees. Note this image is geotagged as being RIGHT THERE by Amboy.

Quotes:

"Jim A, on April 21, 2007, said:

Search the area on Google Earth to find the craters and gun emplacements. Witnessed artillery and helicopter gunships shooting rockets.

Translate

yalegirl, on October 7, 2007, said:

I just watched the artillary blasting into the mountain, awesome! We stopped at Roy's and the thunder from the explosions sounded like thunder and rattled the windows of the gas station. Then we drove up the road and watched the fireworks. Those Marines are deadly!!"

And yes, if you look closely all over that are there are craters, trenches, roads, etc.

Dutch knows about all this (he actually responded to my PM), but he clearly has a policy against retracting/ correcting information previously presented.

So he has backed off on outright banning people for disagreeing strongly, but he seems to thrive on the short term, selective memory of his audience. Retractions would slow his momentum..

Oh and one last thing, funny enough there IS a geotagged dust devil right in the area on google earth, at the base of the mtn where the plume was sighted, less than 3 miles from where I think the plumes occurred. So in a funny way, the USGS has a point..
edit on 1-8-2011 by dutchincense because: fixess

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
It wont let me edit, but this is the video that i meant to link to, towards the bottom about Lead Mountain

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Seismic activity 8/2/11:

hisz.rsoe.hu...

Regards and Nameste,

-Chung

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ChungTsuU

Magnitude
Date-Time
Tuesday, August 02, 2011 at 19:27:02 UTC
Tuesday, August 02, 2011 at 12:27:02 PM at epicenter
Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones
Depth
17.7 km (11.0 miles)
Region
SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
Distances
20 km (13 miles) WNW (296°) from Ludlow, CA
51 km (32 miles) WNW (299°) from Bagdad, CA
58 km (36 miles) SSW (207°) from Baker, CA
62 km (39 miles) E (97°) from Barstow, CA
186 km (116 miles) SW (214°) from Las Vegas, NV
Location Uncertainty
horizontal +/- 1.7 km (1.1 miles); depth +/- 3.5 km (2.2 miles)
Parameters
Nph= 13, Dmin=4 km, Rmss=0.48 sec, Gp=119°,
M-type=local magnitude (ML), Version=0
Source
California Integrated Seismic Net:
USGS Caltech CGS UCB UCSD UNR
Event ID
ci10986701

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ecddc28f7311.jpg[/atsimg]

NOW i REMEMBER

The October 16, 1999 M7.1 Hector Mine Earthquake

Date/Time: October 16, 1999 02:46:44.1am PDT
Magnitude Mw 7.1
Location/Depth: 34.59N 116.27W depth=5±3 km
Descriptive location: 47 miles ESE of Barstow
Faulting type: right-lateral strike-slip
Faults involved: Lavic Lake fault & central section of Bullion fault
Length of surface rupture: 41 km
Maximum surface offset 5.2 meters

Above is a diagrammatic representation of surface faulting produced by the M7.1 Hector Mine earthquake of October, 16, 1999. This figure was derived from mapping by more than 40 geologists from the U.S. Geological Survey, Southern California Earthquake Center, and the California Division of Mines and Geology. The principal rupture is shown in yellow. It extends for more than 41 km, although the portion of the rupture with observed displacement of >1 cm (shown here) is barely more than 35 km long.

The rupture involves portions of two previously mapped fault zones - the Bullion fault, and an unnamed, more northerly trending fault that is now informally referred to as the Lavic Lake fault. This pattern of rupture along more than one named fault was also observed from the 1992 Landers earthquake. The closely spaced nature of the surface faults in this area (other major mapped faults in the region are shown with dashed green lines) suggests that they are interrelated and connected to a fewer number of "master" faults at depth.

Much of the fault zone that produced the Hector Mine earthquake had been buried by relatively young stream deposits and the fault scarps in bedrock have a subdued morphology. Thus it appears that these faults have not experienced significant offset for perhaps 10,000 years or more. Planned future investigations will refine the age of the last event on these faults. The portion of the Lavic Lake fault that ruptured between the northern end of the Bullion Mountains and Lavic Lake had not previously been mapped. However, our current field investigations have identified ancient, subdued fault scarps along the 1999 rupture zone in this area. Thus, it appears that the entire Lavic Lake fault that was involved in the 1999 event had ruptured before.

The greatest fault displacement, about 5.2 m of right-lateral strike slip (largest value measured as of 10/23/1999), occurs on the Lavic Lake fault, near the epicenter in the Bullion Mountains (see Preliminary Fault-Slip Distribution from Geologic Investigations). For the whole fault zone, average surface displacement may approach 3 m. In the Bullion Mountains the surface faulting is relatively simple, with most displacement occurring on a single trace, or closely spaced parallel traces. However, to the north and south of the Bullion Mountains faulting patterns become quite complex and slip is distributed across broad zones of faults with various orientations.

On October 24, helicopter and ground reconnaissance teams found additional rupture within a zone that occurs southwest, and parallel to, the Bullion fault (shown in pink on the figure). The continuity and amount of right-lateral slip associated with this zone is presently unknown. In addition, small cracks, with no consistent lateral displacement have been observed near Lavic Road NE of Lavic Lake, and near Hector Mine (~ 8 km NW of Lavic Lake).

WHY THIS AREA NEEDS WATCHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SO HOW ABOUT EVERYONE CUT THE CRAP.

right about here,,

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/970455136bbd.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 2-8-2011 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

That happened on my birthday... the Loma Prieta quake happened the day after my birthday. What will THIS October bring? I hope to celebrate my 58th bday this year without any quaking happenin.

I agree, this area bears a close eye.
edit on 2-8-2011 by berkeleygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Well...it appears that Dutch has ruffled some feathers:

stevebeckow.com...

Regards and Nameste,

-Chung

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join