It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brown signs California Dream Act

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Brown signs California Dream Act

Wow! Now illegals get in state tuition in California! How long now before they are going to qualify for welfare (like they don't steal it already). And yet people have the audacity to yell about the rich not paying their fair share in taxes? It's crap like this that is bleeding our country dry!
edit on 26-7-2011 by haarvik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Well I'm not going to arguing against your stance here completely, but this Dream Act gives illegal immigrants access to Private funding, not Public. So, even though, they are still illegal immigrants, and that is a big problem, at this point, we are not funding it with our tax dollars. Looks like that will have to be in the next bill.

I do feel for children brought here by illegal immigrants, as they had no choice in the matter. They do deserve to have a decent life if they work for it.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
From the article.

Following through on a campaign promise, Gov. Jerry Brown signed a law Monday easing access to Privately fundedfinancial aid for undocumented college students.

How does privately funded = welfare theft and such? I'm not making your logical conclusion here.

The article does state he may back using tax payer money and grants, but he hasn't done that as yet.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Seiko

In state tuition...this allows them to pay a lower fee than others. If they are illegal, then how do they qualify for that?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

Private funding right...? And where does it say anything about "illegals"? By "illegals" i'm assuming you mean undocumented immigrants specificlly from mexico right?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by AdamAnt

ANY illegal, from ANY country. Why do you always equate illegal=mexican? By allowing in state tuition, they open the doors for illegals to take seats away from legal US citizens who wish to attend. That is the whole problem. It's bad enough we already pay for their K-12 education as it is.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by haarvik
reply to post by AdamAnt

ANY illegal, from ANY country. Why do you always equate illegal=mexican? By allowing in state tuition, they open the doors for illegals to take seats away from legal US citizens who wish to attend. That is the whole problem. It's bad enough we already pay for their K-12 education as it is.

Whats makes an undocumented immigrant illegal??? If its a foreign exchange student from Ireland, is he or she considered illegal?
edit on 26/7/11 by AdamAnt because: (no reason given)

Also i did not equate anything to anything, If you did not notice that was a question, not a statement.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by AdamAnt

If they are a foreign exchange student, they are not here illegally. They are documented, and have visa's. It's time for America to take care of it's own and quit worrying about others.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by haarvik
reply to post by AdamAnt

If they are a foreign exchange student, they are not here illegally. They are documented, and have visa's. It's time for America to take care of it's own and quit worrying about others.

So where in the article does it state we are supplying tuition for "illegals"? and Which "illegals" are YOU most concerned with?

It seems you simply posted this as yet another reason to spew your hatred for either "llegals", the current administration, or just life in general. Why so angry??? Why get mad because private groups choose to send immigrants to school. Maybe if you left america and go to canada or mexico they might provide you with some sort of tuition.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by AdamAnt

I never said they we were paying for it. Try reading! I said it is wrong to allow it. Still pushing the Mexican issue, huh? Let's see who's biased now. Again you don't read. I said ANY illegal, period! I don't care if they are from Canada, Israel or India. Illegal is illegal.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Funny as I recall Kommifornia does not offer such benefits to service members or newly transplanted legal residents.

Oh well, just another reason to never move to, visit or support Cali businesses.,

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Please read the bill and show me any part of it that say or even hint that this is for illegal immigrants/aliens. The article is a blatant lie. The bill specifically say that this is NOT for Aliens who are inadmissible and or deportable according to the Immigration and Nationality Act. From what I know, the only ones who can be deported are those who are either illegal or have violated the laws of the United States.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
what a load of crap

Following through on a campaign promise, Gov. Jerry Brown signed a law Monday easing access to privately funded financial aid for undocumented college students.

undocumented college students is pc for illegal.

Assemblyman Gil Cedillo (D-Los Angeles), author of the private financial aid measure, described it as an important but incremental step toward expanding opportunities for deserving students who were brought to the U.S. illegally through no choice of their own.

yeah those parents kidnapped their kids and didnt have kids before they came here and they kids are forced to stay here.

For Brown, signing Cedillo's bill was a gesture of goodwill toward Latino voters,

now what was that comment how the origin of all those "undocumented aliens" ?

pandering for the hispanic vote because hispanics out number the african american voting block in this country.

and between african americans and hispanics "whitey" is outnumbered and we all know the democrat party is the party of minorities who arent minorities anymore no matter how much they like to think they are.

i am sick of california.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Don't worry guys.

Illegal immigrants get the lower in-state tuition also so it should take some of the expense out. Let the(American citizen) students from out of state deal with the higher tuition rates.

top topics

join