It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: Target Transnational Gangs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Obama: Target Transnational Gangs

www.nydailynews.com

The Obama Administration wants to put the screws to foreign organized crime, starting where it hurts most: in the bank.

The White House Monday issued its strategy for fighting “transnational” organized crime, which President Obama writes in the 28-page document has become “more complex, volatile, and destabilizing” in today’s wired globalized economy.

The administration’s plan starts with better enforcement at home: cut demand for narcotics and stop firearms from leaving the country.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.whitehouse.gov
www.menafn.com

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Something to keep an eye on. Obama is planning to take on the Transnational Organized Crime (TCO) and has released his plan on how he plans to do it. He has recently frozen the accounts of the Brothers’ Circle, the Camorra, the Yakuza in Japan, and the Los Zetas drug cartel in Mexico.

Of course, the plan IMO is very vague. However, I'm sure more laws and international cooperation in the future will further define the plan.

Some things I am wondering about is 1) How this new fight will impact Americans? [privacy, prison time, gun laws, banking changes]

2) Will these TCO's fight back against the US? [Terrorism]

3)How much money this new plan will cost us? [corruption]

www.nydailynews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Just what constitutes a "gang?"

Could a transnational group like "Anonymous" be included? I have to ask seeing as how vets returning from doing their country's bidding, those who support the 2nd Amendment, and those who sport Ron Paul bumper stickers are considered to be possible terrorists.

If Obama said the sky was blue I wouldn't believe him, and I don't trust any plan he comes up with or supports..
edit on 7/26/2011 by OldCorp because: Spellin an punkshoeation

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Excellent post and follow-up questions.

1 - How will this effect Americans? I'm not sure, but I'm laying pretty good odds that it won't be good.

2 - Will the TCO's fight back? They are most certainly for real and you can bet they will press back. How? Scary to think about the details.

3 - How much will this cost? About half of what we end up paying for it. (Sorry, that was the pessimist in me.)

If Obama really goes through with this, some interesting posts are sure to follow because it almost certainly will not be pretty.

Can anyone say future ATS Fodder?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
IF that's the case, maybe Obama should look nearer to home and start an investigation into the CIA, after all they traffic drugs, commit murders, sell illegal weaponry, launder money and the list goes on..
edit on 26/7/11 by DataWraith because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   

The administration’s plan starts with better enforcement at home: cut demand for narcotics and stop firearms from leaving the country.

Gee, why not start with tougher immigration, or just securing the borders. and if you wanna stop firearms from leaving the country, Don't implement schemes like gunrunner/F&F

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
For a moment I though he actually woke up and was going to target Halliburton, Monsanto, CFR and the host of other psychopathic corporate criminals running rampant in the world.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by kwakakev
For a moment I though he actually woke up and was going to target Halliburton, Monsanto, CFR and the host of other psychopathic corporate criminals running rampant in the world.

I've been on and off of ATS all day.

Best reply I've read today.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

They fall under Government Approved Organized Crime.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Uhh, yeah. We cant keep organized gangs from crossing our borders but we'll charge their bank accounts an extra $7.95 a month 'criminal enterprise' fee. Chase Bank already has that in the works.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by survivalstation

Chase Bank already has that in the works

Haven't heard about that but it wouldn't surprise me. Banks will do anything to make money. A while back some of the banks got busted laundering money and only had to pay a fine. No one went to jail.

new topics

top topics

join