It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Population control Isn't it about time?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

This is of course true, but I don't think black and white. If you look at it, the English were the only ones to ease out their leaving of their colonies. The French and Belgium did not.

Now compare to modern times. Sure, all colonies are worse off health-wise, but If you really look at the ones that are succeeding, Nigeria, South Africa, India, etc etc.... All British colonies where they didn't just cut and run, but slowly left.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Reaper2137

the reason i see that constant population increase is done, is that it suits the ruling class.

whether religious or political classes, the more peasants you have, the more taxes you can collect.

politicians can run up insane debts on the idea that more people will be around to pay the bills as time goes by.

and religious leaders are more than happy to tell people to multiply like rats so as to gain more power for themselves.

the problem is that our ancient forests will soon all be gone, we are losing biodiversity just to have more useless humans around.

the Oceans are dying, the water aquifers depleted, everything polluted, just to create more customers and taxpayers and faithful idiots giving their money to these quack churches.

but there is hope, either through climate change or disease in the past the human population has been culled.

lets just hope it's soon, before it's too late for the planet's bio diversity.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Maybe we just need a bigger planet.

edit on 26-7-2011 by president because: delete

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

yeah, doctor. let's see why those pesky poor people are The Problem. thus spake teh elites.

lol.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by president

Look up, you've got 7 other planets, 5 planetoids, and only...oh about a hundred moons. give or take a dozen.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Space travel by millions is simply not realistic now, or in foreseeable future. Space will not be solution to overpopulation. The solution is either to lower procreation, or diseases, starvation and wars.

And even in space, there is no reason why the same situation will not repeat again. The only alternative is to learn to live in harmony with available resources and our ability to utilize them.
edit on 26/7/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reaper2137
mwillett.org...

real math people its only a matter of time and No I'm not saying get there by killing any one. just wanted a good debate on Population control.

200,000 more people every day. sure we have the land for them. but resources are going to run thin sooner or later

The last page from you link proves your agenda:

If you think not having children yourself is the answer PLEASE THINK AGAIN. For the smart people to leave breeding to the stupid, the brainwashed, the ignorant and the indoctrinated would be an even worse disaster.

Eugnenics to the letter. All they are telling you is the stereotypically poor are eating your food and will soon eat you. Hey, there's a link there that says - Don't Eat Me! Not kidding!
You are the one that is not paying attention to the math. Nor logic for that matter. You and your montaukian site are basically saying that if we all had our space that each would starve to death because TPTB couldn't feed us.
Well, just so you know, people like me who can cultivate from other plants to make harvests, plant seeds and grow my surplus by land conservation alone could feed me and plenty of my neighbors, all the while bartering for actual goods and services like dress making, carpentry and the like. Recall studying anything to that nature? Also note that before Walmart, there was the Silk Road, Ivory Road and other trades that utilized barter systems like this and many others.
The problem is not overpopulation. The problem is the insanity of people like yourself buying into the insanity of a failing system to continue to support said failing system rather than getting up, feeding the chickens, milking the cows and telling the man to bugger off!
And don't think for one second people can't change direction. How many new hemp farmers came along with the new medicinal rules? Did they have to go back to the 1920's to find them? No. They educate you where the need is great. Note that - THEY EDUCATE YOU WHERE THE NEED IS GREAT.
Now, here's something of worth to take back to your school. Any person well versed in their education can argue the opposing opinion to prove validity. Can you?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I agree.

The issues we face when looking at overpopulation are very real, if things continue the way they are now in the world and our respective countries/cites/world in general.

Our main method of manufacturing food is inefficient and bad for the planet. Our sources of electricity too are wasting resources.

We have all the knowledge we need to have a pretty good world here, our problem is that the consciousness that dominates our society is outdated.

It thinks that there should be a small proportion of the people that decides what the other proportion can and can not do. That certain people in the world "know better", and so we who do not should adopt their ways of thinking and perceiving.

So while you have an open mind to the different methods of population control, you have closed the door to whether population control is as impending and real as your Professor told you.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by BadMagician

Our main method of manufacturing food is inefficient and bad for the planet.

This. Cheap mined inorganic phosphorus is irreplacable component of artificial fertilizers, which enabled the great agricultural growth and population boom in the last century. Guess what? Using current rate of consumption, we will run out of global supplies in one century.

Phosphorus Famine: The Threat to Our Food Supply

As complex as the chemistry of life may be, the conditions for the vigorous growth of plants often boil down to three numbers, say, 19-12-5. Those are the percentages of nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium, prominently displayed on every package of fertilizer. In the 20th century the three nutrients enabled agriculture to increase its productivity and the world’s population to grow more than sixfold. But what is their source? We obtain nitrogen from the air, but we must mine phosphorus and potassium. The world has enough potassium to last several centuries. But phosphorus is a different story. Readily available global supplies may start running out by the end of this century. By then our population may have reached a peak that some say is beyond what the planet can sustainably feed.

Forget vertical farming and mass hydroponics to expand food production - even current levels of farming may not be long-term sustainable.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
Space travel by millions is simply not realistic now, or in foreseeable future. Space will not be solution to overpopulation. The solution is either to lower procreation, or diseases, starvation and wars.

And even in space, there is no reason why the same situation will not repeat again. The only alternative is to learn to live in harmony with available resources and our ability to utilize them.
edit on 26/7/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

as i already mentioned, if you have industry to support the building of a space community, you encourage education to get the jobs, and when you have educated people, you have a slower population rate, simply because educated people understand better how to be responsible to their family and the rest of the members of society.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

non-industrial counties? you do mean countries. simple answer education teach them about irrigation hydroponic farming planned parenthood etc there is a solution to every problem the so called leaders of the world need to step up or step out of there respected offices don't just take the easy way out and say population control make the non-industrial countries self sufficient remember this one give a man a fish he eats for a day teach a man to fish he eats for a lifetime ( I think thats how that goes ) anyways you get the point

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
HAHA! This whole thread makes me laugh! I have three kids and I have to agree here. First off, there is about a million baby mommas lined up at the Social Services office applying for food stamps (paid for by you) to feed the 6 or 7 babies they have by 7 or 8 baby daddies. They're not sure who belongs to whom, all they know is they can't feed them because their nice car and clothes and ipod cell phone costs too much.
No we don’t need to go around making people have abortions or whatever, but why not sterilize a woman after three kids, or sterilize that dead beat dad who has never pays his child support? I say some people need to be told what to do and not given a choice in the name of saving our own butts. Adopt all the kids here in this country before we go prancing over to China or Russian and getting all theirs.

I dunno, this topic makes me so mad. Especially on the first of the month at the grocery store, that’s when I think to myself, “We need population control!”

And before you go crazy and get all mad because I have kids and blah blah blah…..Guess what?
I adopted them. From the US. I had my tubes tied.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
one of the problems in third world nations is that their leaders and people often are at the mercy of drug lords. for example, when the UN has sent volunteers with food and medicine, the drug lords have stolen the supplies, killed the volunteers and used the food and medicine to black mail the citizens into running drugs and various other crimes. now the UN has to have guarantees from the governments before they send in volunteers because otherwise you're just exacerbating the problem.

if instead they started building infrastructure in the form of an industry to support their own space community, jobs would be created, people would get education to work those jobs, and the whole thing has a positive effect, including protection for the citizens against drug lords.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
I would suggest a new college then.

One that is impartial and doesn't interject their opinions into their teachings.

name one college that is impartial?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reaper2137
1.) ............ We are well over the Earths carrying capacity of 2 billion for the way we live.

Simply wrong. do you know how big this planet is? Are you lying to yourself if you think we could not have solved world hunger 50 years ago if we hadn't spent the money on war instead. You should change this to say "We are well over the Earths carrying capacity of 2 billion for the way we have been living." - So then lets change the way we live now.

2.) Our current resources are getting depleted faster than we can find renewable or reuse-able replacements......

My goodness man - this is so not true. Renewable, clean, abundant resources exist NOW! There is enough thermal energy just beneath the earths surface to power the entire globe for centuries, Not to mention, tidal, wind, solar, and wave energy potentials. Again, keep telling your self that this is the best system we have and you'll keep perpetuating it. Consciously or not.

3.) Food, Food is what makes the world go round. ........

Nope, money and profit is what drives the current system. World rotation is another subject entirely, although TPTB love it when you say this because it conditions your mind to think that "money" is that important!!!

Major Corporations spill millions and millions of pollution into our air, water and land each year. At what point do we say enough is enough?

Enough is the point where profit no longer become the primary motive for operating. Enough is when corporations are motivated by the realization that if they do not function in a sustainable fashion they will build, produce, and consume themselves out of existence. This is the point where we decide that sustainability (Planetary sustainability) is more important then profit.

So should we look to sustainability in the future?

Sure, yeah we should look to sustaining ourselves when there is nothing left to sustain. The fact of the matter is that we do not consume in a sustainable fashion Period.

What would it take to bring us down to a manageable size?

First of all, we would not be over populated if we lived correctly and sustainably because the motivation to ensure we do not consume more then can be replenished would be so important that we'd do everything to stay within those guildlines - or we die. I can do on, but you get my point...

Because if we don't come up with some thing soon, some one may do it for us and we might not like their plan.

There plan is to make you believe this is the best system we have and that there are simply to many people to sustain it. Thus reducing our population to manageable levels where fear and separation turns us against ourselves therefore destroying everything and starting the entire system over again. Just like we've done for the last 300,000 years.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
TS is partly, only partly right. Currently we (the world) require 1.3 Earths to NOT delete natural resources at a rate in which they can't regenerate. The population has doubled in 60 years. 80% of this is in the developing world. They can't afford it and create desperate lands which eventually fall to extremism like AL Shabab.
In this respect, he is correct. I preferred the world which was more right wing and less liberal. I do know this point of view is not fair.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by anonmaitreya

Land isn't the problem the food will be.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
The current population isn't 9 billion, it's closer to 7 Population Data

Even if this was a legitimate problem (which, it may be), what frightens me is that it's largely the behind-the-scenes, shadow governments that speak of it the most. Less-than-publicized meetings between elite billionaires and such. It goes back to the question of who is in the position to play God?

John Lennon talks about overpopulation

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Guy with a gas mask avatar, advocating for population control because his college told him so.

Why am I not surprised anymore.

Thats my contribution, everyone else said what could be said within 14 pages.
edit on 26-7-2011 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

Actually space by millions is possible. because air by millions is currently happening.

Airplanes are far more complicated and trustworthy than the space shuttle and millions travel by them every day. If we really did want to solve overpopulation, a decade of space research would enable the exodus by the hundreds of millions to off world colonies.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join