It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I Welcome Their Hatred"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

(This speech is his from his 1st re-election)
"For nearly four years you have had an Administration which instead of twirling its thumbs has rolled up its sleeves. We will keep our sleeves rolled up.

We had to struggle with the old enemies of peace—business and financial monopoly, speculation, reckless banking, class antagonism, sectionalism, war profiteering.

They had begun to consider the Government of the United States as a mere appendage to their own affairs. We know now that Government by organized money is just as dangerous as Government by organized mob.

Never before in all our history have these forces been so united against one candidate as they stand today. They are unanimous in their hate for me—and I welcome their hatred.

I should like to have it said of my first Administration that in it the forces of selfishness and of lust for power met their match. I should like to have it said of my second Administration that in it these forces met their master."

Listen to the people cheer. This was America....that still is America...but those voices are drowned out by the very ones that corrupt this government, the billionaires and corporations. Controlling our media, our politics, our candidates, and our future.
edit on 25-7-2011 by David9176 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Yes, agreed! Now move on to proactive...not reactive!

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Hey isn't that the President that tried to stack the Supreme Court with more justices when they didn't go along with him?

It sure is. What a true American you have there.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Hey didn't we get today's modern federal reserve note's design under is reign? (The full green dollar with the pyramid and horus, not the greenback proposed by Lincoln before he was killed) Not a big fan of this guy as he also tried at a third term. Seemed to have imperial dreams. Gave a great speech. Propaganda was a lot more simple back then.

edit on 25-7-2011 by MasterGemini because: clarification

edit on 25-7-2011 by MasterGemini because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Was he the first my way or the highway president? I know numb nuts Obama is trying his best to say it. He so desperate for reelection he is screwing up the economy worse than it was.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Also don't forget that America was heading into a second great depression under this man when he got bailed out by ww2. He is highly overrated as a President.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Star and flag for a great reminder. There are so many ready to roll over and allow corporate interests to take what was once a great country of Americans and turn it into a giant corporation where we are beholding to our bosses. They forget what freedom is and pander to the richest and most influential taking more and more from the poor. It is revolting and a shame. Hardly sounds like a "great" Nation anymore. Sounds like a lousy corporation with crummy new rules. .

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
You did not perhaps see this did you?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It is a very good speech whether you like Roosevelt or not. He believed that his mission was for the benefit of the masses and that the nay-sayers, do-nothing'ers, and critics sitting on the sidelines of history would be remembered for their objections. For decades he was right but now it appears the times have changed.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Presidential speeches are nothing more than a fancy form of toilet paper. Greatness lies in what they actually did and not what they spoke about. If you basing stuff on a speech he gave than you should think Obama is Godlike.

link   

Originally posted by Bramble Iceshimmer
reply to post by kro32

Was he the first my way or the highway president? I know numb nuts Obama is trying his best to say it. He so desperate for reelection he is screwing up the economy worse than it was.

Wait...I am trying to guess what political party you are affiliated with? Can you speak a little more? Oh never mind I think I got it. You and kro32 even talk like GWB. The rocket scientist party.

link   

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

I just brought up a historical fact so don't accuse me of anything.

I didn't write the history FDR did.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by MasterGemini
reply to post by Misoir

We get it you are hardcore liberal, is that why you include the insults about others in your post?

You do know he only read the speeches (like Obama, Bush, Clinton, Bush, Reagen, Carter, and on)?

If reading out loud were so impressive we could stop education at 3rd grade.

Troll much?

Dissenting opinions are allowed in case you hadn't noticed.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by MasterGemini

I am a hard-core Liberal? That is interesting. Why did someone not tell me this before? And all this time I am walking around thinking I was a Republican. Thank you for informing me of what I am, this way it requires less thought on my part.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   

reply to post by Misoir

You do know he only read the speeches (like Obama, Bush, Clinton, Bush, Reagen, Carter, and on)?

If reading out loud were so impressive we could stop education at 3rd grade.

And that you quote Truman as if he is a good man is astonishing! He even said he didn't think twice about ordering the massacre of two cities full of civilians. Says a lot about you.

I'd be pretty damned impressed if he actually WROTE a speech detailing what he really believed, or maybe just spoke from his heart for ten minutes; but he can't, because he's a liar and a buffoon. If he told us what he felt about the US in his heart, he'd not only lose a second term, he'd be lynched in the Rose Garden - by the Secret Service. I'm pretty sure the reason Obama sealed his school records - the very first thing he did after assuming office - was because it would be obvious to anyone reading them that he was far from the genius he was touted to be; illiterate moron would be more his speed.

And If I were Truman, knowing that an invasion of Japan would cost 1 Million+ American casualties, not to mention untold numbers of Japanese casualties (think about how civilians were throwing themselves off cliffs in Okinawa because the Imperial Army told them the Americans would rape and torture their children,) I wouldn't have had a second thought either.

WWII had already gone on for far too long and cost tens of millions of lives. If I had a chance to end it in a matter of days, the choice would be a no-brainer.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

ha ha ha you all make me laugh...I'm a democratic..I'm a republican...I'm a liberal....3 sides of the same coin...when will you wake up and understand????

Until then....play your little politics game...kinda like pictionary, but that's my thought...and sway your tallywaggers, like you like to do...in the end...it won't amount to a heap of camel #!

Good luck to you! I wish you well!

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
You know I am a juggler, and I never let my right hand know what my left hand does. I'm perfectly willing to mislead and tell untruths...FDR, May 1941 (Morgan p 550)

FDR Scandal Page

The Facts in the Case
By Governor Alfred E. Smith
January 25, 1936
www.oocities.org...

This is one of the greatest American political speeches. At the time it was considered the definitive analysis of the New Deal

"Just let me quote something from the President's message to Congress: "In thirty-four
we have built up new instruments of public power. In the hands of a people's government
this power is wholesome and proper. But in the hands of political puppets of an economic
autocracy such power would provide shackles for the liberties of the people."
Now, I interpret that to mean: If you are going to be an autocrat, take me, but be very
careful about the other fellow. There is a complete answer to that, and it rises in the minds
of the great rank and file, and that answer is just this: We will never in this country tolerate
any law that provides shackles for our people. We don't want any autocrats, either in or out
of office; we wouldn't even take a good one.

The next danger that is apparent to me is the vast building up of new bureaus of
government, draining the resources of our people into a common pool and redistributing
them, not by any process of law, but by the whim of a bureaucratic autocracy."

Obama's an autocrat and not a good one at that. Today we have a corporate/beaurocratic autocracy. Personal freedom and liberty perish in autocracies. We need to return to a representative republic before it's too late.

edit on 25-7-2011 by robyn because: format

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
The Duke on Freedom, Liberty and The Role of Government

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Hey didn't we get today's modern federal reserve note's design under is reign? (The full green dollar with the pyramid and horus, not the greenback proposed by Lincoln before he was killed) Not a big fan of this guy as he also tried at a third term. Seemed to have imperial dreams. Gave a great speech. Propaganda was a lot more simple back then.

HE WAS ELECTED FOUR TIMES.
He won WWII.
Gave us Social Security.
Tried to give us real Socialized Medicine,not the fake Obama version.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join