It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Veil of Secrecy lifted at the Fed.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
An interesting article fro Bernie Sanders about the amount of money the Fed used to bail out financial institutions and Corporations.

A few days ago, the nonpartisan Government Accountability Office completed the first independent investigation into the emergency actions taken by the Federal Reserve. As a result of this investigation, we now know that the Federal Reserve provided a jaw-dropping $16 trillion in total financial assistance to some of the largest financial institutions and corporations in the world.

Among the investigation's key findings is that the Fed unilaterally provided trillions of dollars in financial assistance to foreign banks and corporations from South Korea to Scotland. In my view, no agency of the United States government should be allowed to bail out a foreign bank or corporation without the direct approval of Congress and the president.

sanders.senate.gov...

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Ya this was released last week I think. It seems they are more and more moving to a new policy of telling more but spinning it to make everyone believe what they are doing is a good thing. At some level though I would truly like to believe they are having to give into public pressure of an awakening public. That is purely subjective though.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

I did some research on this for another site so I thought I might share what I'd found there. Since ancient times the estimates seem to run around 150,000 tons of gold mined on Earth. That comes to roughly 5 billion ounces. Assuming all of that were collected in once place and time under U.S. control to apply to our national debt, it would barely cover 50%. 5 billion ounces at today's market price comes to a measly 8 trillion dollars.

How is that for putting this insanity into perspective everyone can look at and see?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I've said it before, and I'll say it again...

How is it that when Wall Street needed the government's help that we managed to find trillions of dollars by pulling it out of any number of orifices, but all other programs (except Defense of course) must make do with less?

So very much to this story that will almost certainly never see the light of day.

We've been sold a bridge in Brooklyn and now will be forced to pay the bill despite the obvious fraud.

Can't make this stuff up, that's for sure!

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

But, as difficult as it was to lift the veil of secrecy at the Fed, it will be even harder to reform the Fed...

These guys still don't get it!

The Fed can't be "reformed", it needs to be ABOLISHED.

There is simply no way that "conflicts of interest" can be managed effectively. The conflicts are built into the system, in fact, they are the whole reason we have a Fed to begin with.

Perhaps more interesting is that the Fed is seemingly asserting global levels of control that should alarm anyone, regardless of who ends up paying the bill. These titans of finance and industry, working together, are working for WHAT exactly? Will it be a good thing for America (or the world for that matter)? Yeah, riight!

A handful of people are enriching themselves beyond all comprehension, are seemingly pushing a very ambitious, and secret agenda, and a well-meaning politician can only mumble something about "reform"....

Hopeless.

JR

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
So, the Fed spent 16 trillion of our money, and we are 15 trillion in debt....gee, what an amazing coincidence that it is close to the same amount. Basically, we can afford to take care of ourselves, we just can't afford to support the whole world. Now, all we need is a refund!!

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
It's not money owed to anyone but the FED.

Abolish the Fed, tear up their books. Problem Solved.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

In my view, no agency of the United States government should be allowed to bail out a foreign bank or corporation without the direct approval of Congress and the president.

sanders.senate.gov...

But is The Fed an actual Agency of the US Government?

And, does Mr. Sanders not remember Congress NOT reading the Bill and passing it anyway? I do.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
The Fed is a private banking institution.

They loan a lot of money to the US Govt too, not just all of these banks and corporations.

In a way they have become a quasi- capital investment firm, for lack of a better term.

This means that they gained power over a lot of businesses by loaning them money, although I have read that many of those groups have paid back their loans already.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I've said it once, ill say it again. since when is it ever a good idea to allow a private bank, to print a countries money, and decide how much and where that money should go.

When the founding fathers stated that the currency should basically be controlled by the people, I don't think they meant the people in private banks.

Audit, then abolish the Fed. Move back to the gold standard, and be done with this mess.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Screw the Fed and screw the criminals in DC who think my kids and grandkids owe a penny of this debt.

Articles such as this always put me in the mood to reload ammo.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
The people in control of our government are our real enemies.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
So they threw the dog a bone because no one was realy buying the offical figures but don't be fooled by this move.

Do you not think that as an american citizen you are not entitled to ask who we owe all this money to that has been lent out against your name because i've seen no answers for that relatively simple question have you!

I know the answer but i want to hear it from the FED and then maybe some of you will realize that what some people have been telling you all along is true so i dare you to ask for the truth and don't take no for an answer.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

An interesting article fro Bernie Sanders about the amount of money the Fed used to bail out financial institutions and Corporations.

A few days ago, the nonpartisan Government Accountability Office completed the first independent investigation into the emergency actions taken by the Federal Reserve. As a result of this investigation, we now know that the Federal Reserve provided a jaw-dropping $16 trillion in total financial assistance to some of the largest financial institutions and corporations in the world.

Among the investigation's key findings is that the Fed unilaterally provided trillions of dollars in financial assistance to foreign banks and corporations from South Korea to Scotland. In my view, no agency of the United States government should be allowed to bail out a foreign bank or corporation without the direct approval of Congress and the president.

sanders.senate.gov...

I just dont understand WHY your country (citizens, not government, because government is owned and run by Fed Reserve), after throwing the Britons out for attempting to run the financial institution by loaning the US money only to have them pay it back WITH interest, did the citizens then allow it to happen again...?

What I really fail to understand is why, when your presidents openly admit they 'cannot talk about the 'secret' society...when politicians, after the fact, admit they were directing the Council for Foreign Relations while running for office, when being BUSTED by Alex Jones attending Satanic rituals, Bohemian Grove/Club, do you change the channel and go back to your regularly scheduled programming????

WHATS THE POINT OF BEING AWAKE IF YOU DONT GET OUT OF YOUR BED?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

Im from the UK, but have an interest in American politics, as what happens there in America effects us too.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
I wouldn't classify the disclosure of this information as "lifting a veil of secrecy". Its more like a peek behind the curtain.

We need a full audit of the "Fed" and our gold reserves.
edit on 26-7-2011 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
The FED can not be audited, nor can the gold be counted. If this did occur it would collapse the World economy.

For you see this 16 trillion is only what money the FED has created recently, it does in no way reflect how many dollars are in circulation.

As the Chinese found out through testing the gold bars they received the Gold is only gold plated tungsten steel.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   

In my view, no agency of the United States government should be allowed to bail out a foreign bank or corporation without the direct approval of Congress and the president.

sanders.senate.gov...

Ok does anyone else see the problem with this statement?
How do our own leaders think that the FED is a gov't agency?

It's not.
It is a private bank.

That's how and why they just got away with spending ALL of our "wealth".

I honestly believe that this will be a turning point in US history.
Although these past few years have been the beginning...
Of a drastic change.

Just remember people.
Only you can take care of you.
Don't rely on anyone but yourselves.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by havok

sanders.senate.gov...

Ok does anyone else see the problem with this statement?
How do our own leaders think that the FED is a gov't agency?

It's not.
It is a private bank.

That's how and why they just got away with spending ALL of our "wealth".

I honestly believe that this will be a turning point in US history.
Although these past few years have been the beginning...
Of a drastic change.

Just remember people.
Only you can take care of you.
Don't rely on anyone but yourselves.

That's how they perpetuate the fraud - a 'little lie' amid a true statement....and people continue to believe the Federal (which it isn't) Reserve (which it doesn't) is a government run agency.

new topics

top topics

join