It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US bailout, the absurdity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Here's some interesting facts about the bailout which I expect ATS members to know, if you don't then there is a serious problem of ignorance which fuels this vehicle that is driving on the wrong side of the road.

The absurdity:

- that the TARP (Troubled Assets Relief Program) bailout cost every person in America enough to take a trip around the world

- that after the bailout, some $1.2 billion in taxpayer money went to pay the bonuses of just 73 AIG execs, while Goldman Sachs got a huge tax break that saw its tax rate drop from 34 percent to 1 percent

- that the average CEO earned about eight times the salary of his average employee a century ago, but earns more than 300 times his average employee's wages now

- that the typical American 401(k) retirement account has lost nearly half its value over the last five years

- that New York cops may earn a maximum pension of about $48,000, while the average retiring CEO reaps benefits of about $83.6 million.

source

Read the whole article, it has some very interesting information. 1.2 billion of taxpayer money went straight to the pockets of 73 AIG execs. Is this a joke? Are Americans aware what happened to their money, or are they watching MSM for reassurance?

There is a serious problem, this is clear evidence that the US government/regime does not represent its people, this I don't think will be a shocker in ATS because many will agree with me. Some said it loud and clear that this is the biggest robbery in history, but no one listened, they thought it was too outrageous, as if something so daring and outrageous is impossible.

There is no hope left, if the US government can do this to its own people, it only reassures my conscious that the same government is capable of orchestrating a 9/11 style attack to keep its population in submission under terror.
edit on 25-7-2011 by confreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
When you consider that only about 53% of Americans are still fool enough to pay income tax the “taxpayer” could take Two trips around the world

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by confreak

I wish people paid more attention to where their money was actually going and exactly who we were bailing out. Why couldn't we let the go bankrupt? Liquidate their assets and have smarter, more capable CEOs run these businesses because obviously the ones in place now don't have a clue as to how to run a company

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
So what does the pay difference look like?

Individual

CEO

Are we really getting value for money?

top topics

join