It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hunt for Britons Linked to Norway Killer Anders Behring Breivik

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Hunt for Britons Linked to Norway Killer Anders Behring Breivik

www.telegrap h.co.uk

A hunt for possible British accomplices of the mass murderer Anders Behring Breivik is under way after it emerged that he began his deadly “crusade” after meeting other Right-wing extremists in London.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Words are hardly adequate, yet first let me say that this is indeed a tragedy, and my heart and prayers go out for all of those affected.

ETA: An update added to the bottom of this post

Despite initial statements that he worked alone, Breivik has now said that he regarded himself as a successor to the medieval Knights Templar, and claimed to have been recruited at a meeting in London in April 2002, which was " hosted by two English extremists and attended by eight people in total."

Additionally, Breivik has described his “mentor” as an Englishman he identified as Richard.

Scotland Yard counter-terrorism officers are now trying to establish whether Breivik visited London in recent years and whether he was part of a wider network preparing to carry out similar attacks.

The 32 year-old boasted that he was just one of up to 80 “solo martyr cells” recruited throughout Western Europe who were ready to follow his example of trying to overthrow governments tolerant of Islam.

So, why did Breivik claim to have acted alone?

I hope to see a real investigation into Anders Behring Breivik.

An investigation into his travel records, his finances and business transactions, and associates.

Hiis phone records and e-mails, his purchases...

Where did he learn to fire an automatic weapon?

Where did he get his hands on training for timed expolisves?

Why did the Islamist group "Helpers of the Global Jihad" post a message claiming credit and then suddenly withdraw it?

There are too many unanswered questions...
I wont hold my breath...sadly this looks to be a game changer.

ETA:

The man suspected of killing more than 90 people in a bombing and separate shooting spree in Norway had considered a plan to obtain a weapon of mass destruction through a truce with extreme Islamists, despite his online anti-Muslim rants.

"We both share one common goal. They want control over their own countries in the Middle East and we want control of our own countries in Western Europe," reads part of a 1,500-page manifesto reportedly posted online by Anders Behring Breivik, apparently identifying himself with other right wing extremists. "An Islamic Caliphate is a useful enemy to all Europeans as it will ensure European unity under Christian cultural conservative leadership.
abcnews.go.com...

So indeed, all is not as it initally seemed

"We both share one common goal"

www.telegrap h.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 24-7-2011 by burntheships because: Add update

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
The biggest danger is now other people using this event as fuel for their own. Copy cats or bascially triggering others unrelated (or even related) into action.

First move has been made, now it takes less balls to follow up.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by zookey

Well we could also say the the operation is now live.
I think thats a bit more accurate.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Its a good job England has a ban on firearms or I think the population would have went postal years ago...

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I hope the police catch these right wingers and punish them. Advocating mass murder is vile. Especially when it's a matter of race or religion.

Hitler had the same ideals. We don't wanna step back into the 30/ 40's.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by CrankyPantsUK

Hummm....does not seem like the ban works if you ask me.
Breivik owned three weapons that we know of, he used two on the island Utoya.

Its a tradedy that can not be undone, yet I wonder what might have been
the ending if some of the young people on the island were armed for the cause of self defense.

There would have been a different ending, and Breivik would not have been taken alive
by the Police Force.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

the ending if some of the young people on the island were armed for the cause of self defense.

There would have been a different ending, and Breivik would not have been taken alive
by the Police Force.

Errrrr

It does work

Britain is not Norway

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Ah, well it would be a grand thing indeed if Scotland Yard were to apprehend the real
accomplices, would it not?

Yet I think there is more to the story than a right wing conservative acting alone.

Do you not wonder why Breivik was allowed to keep killing young people for 90 minutes?

Where were the snipers? They had heli in the air.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

I think it's a case of comparing apples and oranges. Norway by and large is a peaceful place, unlike say somewhere crazy like America. America has a fast response team, because it is full of idiots and sick people (with guns no less).

Norway has its problems, but until recently, there was no need for such precautions. Thus, I think the reaction time was slow due to not expecting something of this nature.

I also think the Helicopter was a media chopper?

Although, you are correct, if a media chopper can film it, then why can't a rapid response team get there?

Very sad. As I say I hope the UK police catch these bigots and lock them away.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Oh great, Let's hope they arrest these people before anything else happen's.
I just hope it's not the start of something bigger.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Agreed, comparing Norway with the U.S. there is quite the difference, if that were the only
thing we considered.

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Although, you are correct, if a media chopper can film it, then why can't a rapid response team get there?

Very sad.
Yes, its hearbreaking. I really feel that this is dreadful, and i see fingerprints
of covert operations in this. I only wish he acted alone, then jailing him would make it stop.

There is some breaking news, I think we will learn more soon.
edit on 24-7-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

In reply to "where did he learn to fire these weapons?" -

Norway has compulsory military training for males.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrankyPantsUK

Originally posted by burntheships

by the Police Force.

Errrrr

It does work

Britain is not Norway

No it doesn't, they just get them illegally, or aquire them legally.
Gun's aren't banned in the UK, they just have to be applied for.

Yes armed self-defence would of been a factor.
Brevik's book actually states soft, unarmed targets should be gone after than 'hard' ones.
Hence him focusing on the island...

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRiPWiRE

In reply to "where did he learn to fire these weapons?" -

Norway has compulsory military training for males.

He wasn't in the military (according to his book), he just went to a gun club and learned it there.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by WatchRider

I didn't think it was possible to get out of it. Unless disability is an issue they pretty much all go through some form of training.

I wonder how he skirted around this? There must be a loophole of some sort!
edit on 24/7/11 by TRiPWiRE because: typing before consuming my cup of tea = I am not awake...

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRiPWiRE
reply to post by WatchRider

I didn't think it was possible to get out of it. Unless disability is an issue they pretty much all go through some form of training.

I wonder how he skirted around this? There must be a loophole of some sort!
edit on 24/7/11 by TRiPWiRE because: typing before consuming my cup of tea = I am not awake...

I think you can refuse. Brevik claims he didn't serve due to his views on the government.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Makes you wonder.why there are no more comments or replys on this. Most have their minds made up that this is connected to Israel

Either its Muslim or Jews who are pointed at if anything goes wrong in this world. sad really.

Would love to know who these britons are who he visited that is for sure, and how many in the UK agree with his stance, that would be interesting to know.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Ooppps
edit on 7/25/2011 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

Plz never mind this comment...
edit on 7/25/2011 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

You say that cranky, but if stuff like this starts happening in the UK, we are just as defenceless as these poor children in norway, If something like this was to happen in the US in an open carry state, the perpetrator would sure as hell be shot before he could shoot 90+ people, I dont rely on the police for anything now and i sure as hell wouldnt like to have to wait 95 minutes for the armed response to show up..........

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join