It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amendment 2: - Right to Bear Arms DAMN RIGHT! Get over it!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Also - doesn't the 2nd ammendment say something about protecting yourself against tyranny / dictatorship?

Why haven't you guys actually done anything about the HUGE corporations who are raping yours and everyone elses countries?

If you did that, you'd have my backing, but to me.... It seems that you're all prepared to brag about hoarding guns and boasting about that right, but doing very little about anything.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Sensitive much?

Transfer much?

Columbine - Hey guess what we're allowed guns, and you're not. Dunblaine - Hey guess what we're allowed guns, and you're not. Oslo - Hey guess what we're allowed guns and you're not. Ok, ok.... Good for you....

I think it is pretty clear who is the sensitive one between us.

Listen, there are no doubt plenty of American's who are ignorant on a great deal of issues, but such ignorance is irrelevant to natural law and unalienable rights.

The right to keep and bear arms is not an American right exclusively, it is a right that belongs to all people, everywhere, at all times.

If you think you need permission from your government in order to exercise your right, don't be surprised if their answer is no.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
OKAY:

Can you find me a thread in which the Swedish start bragging about the rights to bear arms?

I'll wait here whilst you do?

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye

Originally posted by zookey

So why don't you use your rights to fix the government?

Just askin because every day on this forum I hear Americans huff puff hot air and smoke blowing declaring their rights, but I have yet to see them exercised.

edit on 23-7-2011 by zookey because: (no reason given)

Because people tend to tolerate abuse as long as it is tolerable for a civil war with its breakdown in society is no guarantee of fixing the problem and will make life much worse in the while it is going on. Americans are also divided soi it makes no sense to be the lone nut on the ten o;clock news either. However prudent Americans retain thier right to keep and bear arms for that last resort and will take them up if forced to.

I read post like yours all the time huffing and puffing about why don't you do something about it t etc. trying to denigrate those who fiercely defend thier gun rights. So what is your point? What would you have the gentleman do? Go off half cocked with little or no support and end up as a nut in the nightly news? The battle is for the hearts and minds of Americans right now. A prudent patriot does not take up arms unless he knows he has majority sentiment on his side or is willing to die a martyr. Neither is the case at the moment.

Why would I do something about America? I am not in America but I certinally am on the receiving end of their huff and puff rants.

So, America has Militia's no? Their excuse for existing is the constitution allows them the right to exist, more huff puff. So, what is the conditions that would cause those Militias to take action?

I think it is a very fair and appropriate question, so far nobody has given a good answer, especially not the militia's themselves.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
OKAY:

Can you find me a thread in which the Swedish start bragging about the rights to bear arms?

Or British for that matter, or Norwegians, or .. well I can go on and on and on..

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Reply to post by ispyed

Hello. The link in my sign was created for people just like you and others in this thread.

The more you learn …

Deny ignorance!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Also - doesn't the 2nd ammendment say something about protecting yourself against tyranny / dictatorship?

Why haven't you guys actually done anything about the HUGE corporations who are raping yours and everyone elses countries?

If you did that, you'd have my backing, but to me.... It seems that you're all prepared to brag about hoarding guns and boasting about that right, but doing very little about anything.

You are ignoring the fact that most of the big corporations are now multi-national. They are not american companies, they are global companies. It is on EVERYONE, not just americans, to do something about it.
edit on 23-7-2011 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

OKAY:

Or British for that matter, or Norwegians, or .. well I can go on and on and on..

And? What does this prove?

First of all, the British CANT own guns. Second, being proud of ones freedom and ability to live free is not a bad thing. At all.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
yep those comments are always around blaming a thing instead of a person

doesnt matter what it is gun,knife,car,posion anything someone wants to kill someone else they can and they have.

a gun can sit on a shelf for 20 to 50 years and never harm anyone.

the difference between a criminal and law obeying citizen.

the criminal gets a gun in order to kill

the law obeying citizen seeks ownership for self preservation.

that falls on deaf ears because too many people blame things instead of holding people accountable for their actions.

thats they way of things in america doesnt matter how many people say it

it will never be the truth of things.
edit on 23-7-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

I'm not ignorant. Many of these corporations were founded in the US.

Okay, what about your feds, the government trampling your rights etc....

I could go on....

WE GET IT - you have guns..... Okay great.... Those guns have also contributed to hundreds of thousands of deaths.... Innocent or not.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

OKAY:

First of all, the British CANT own guns. Second, being proud of ones freedom and ability to live free is not a bad thing. At all.

Ignorant much?

YES we can own guns. We just don't make threads about it.

Do some research.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

OKAY:

Of course, this is your agenda, is it not? Not to defend the unalienable rights of everyone everywhere, but instead to castigate those who speak up for those rights. You hopelessly attempt to frame the issues of rights as being a topic not discussed in "polite society", but there is nothing at all polite about entering a thread about the right to keep and bear arms and whining about the thread, expecting every one to cow tow to your warped "social" sensibilities. It was rather rude of you to post the way you have in this thread, but rude or not, it is your unalienable right to do so. A right I and others will continue to fight for, even if we find your political ideology as odious as manure.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

And i think it's rude to start a thread about guns, so soon after a hundred families have been devastated by a man who used guns to massacre children.

My point stands. We KNOW you can bear arms, we know this....

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

reply to post by captaintyinknots

I'm not ignorant. Many of these corporations were founded in the US.

Okay, what about your feds, the government trampling your rights etc....

I could go on....

WE GET IT - you have guns..... Okay great.... Those guns have also contributed to hundreds of thousands of deaths.... Innocent or not.

SOME were founded in the us. But like I said, they are now multi-national corporations, who do not have loyalty to one country.

If america kicks them out, they simply pull anchor and keep on doing business everywhere else. It isnt an american problem, it is a global problem. Too many non-americans want to complain about america, but dont want to do their part.

As for the guns, you are absolutely showing your ignorance on the subject. Change doesnt have to come looking down the barrel of a gun. Just because we have them, does not mean we are itching to use them (which is, afterall, the point of this thread).

Armed revolt will not solve the issues, it will make them worse, and give those in power an even tighter grab on that power.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
i do find his comments hilarious considering the words on his avatar

"end tyranny" by infringing rights.

sounds like a politician to me.
edit on 23-7-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

OKAY:

On the other hand, I do not think the swedes have a whole bunch of groups and lobbyists trying to take away their bearing arms.

hmmm

link   
reply to post by neo96

Hilarity?

Ghandi didn't use a weapon.

Where am I infriging your rights? Did I mention you CANNOT use guns?

My point is an issue on sensitivity. There are Norwegians on this forum (who you probably don't care less about) but do they have to be reminded that you need to have guns??
edit on 23-7-2011 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)

link   
There is so much useless jargon in this thread, I'm getting a headache. If you think cops are there to protect us, you are in for a long ride. If you haven't noticed, they are there to report crimes, not to prevent them. If you want protection, you must do it yourselves. Hopefully, everyone will realize this sooner than later...

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

OKAY:

Ignorant much?

YES we can own guns. We just don't make threads about it.

Do some research.

No, you can own antiques that are useless in this day and age. You can only have self loading rifles in .22. Only muzzle loader pistols. These are not guns, they are memorabilia. They offer ZERO ability to defend oneself.

Ignorant, much?

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

reply to post by neo96

Hilarity?

Ghandi didn't use a weapon.

Where am I infriging your rights? Did I mention you CANNOT use guns?

My point is an issue on sensitivity. There are Norwegians on this forum (who you probably don't care less about) but do they have to be reminded that you need to have guns??
edit on 23-7-2011 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)

Do you really think that a Norwegian is upset right now because an american is talking about his right to own a gun?

Seems like someone is fishing for stars...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join