It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandatory drug testing of U.S. congressmen and Senators,Judges and district attorneys.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Since every job seems to require a drug test lets test the people who we let run our country!!!!

I say Mandatory drug testing for the president, 1 day before he signs any bill passed by congress.

Monthly Mandatory drug testing for all governors.
edit on 21-7-2011 by TaxpayersUnleashed because: mistyped

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Yeah, I agree. If I have to get a drug test to get even the most basic job, then those running our country should get the same thing. Bet a good many of them would fail.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TaxpayersUnleashed

I totally agree. Police officers as well. If they can legislate what "we the people" can and can't ingest on our personal time we need to make sure they're on the up and up. They should be held to a high standard if they're are legislating or enforcing laws on the average tax paying citizen.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Cartels will be sad when they start losing their top clients.

Can we add lobbyist to the list?

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by peter vlar

Cops are given drug tests. But I am all for this. If I have to fill a cup to be employed, than so should a welfare reciepant. When I was in the Army, I had a Major (He was a Company Commander) piss "HOT" for coc aine. They let him retire rather than bust him. I was quite annoyed. T&C prevents me from how I really felt.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
How about no?

1. We need less drug testing and less drug laws.

2. Use of any given drug does not determine efficacy at one's job.

3. This will have no positive effect and will enrich laboratories at the expense of taxpayers.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
S+F for great idea.Let the the over-paid slobs that sponser this national invasion of privacy taste their own medicine.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Drug testing isn't good for the goose or the gander.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
hell yeah, any individual that lobbys on behalf of a corporation to a member of congress or senate must submit to a blood or hair drug test before and after every meeting with an elected official .

Those guys in suits must be using there own products if they are passing these stupid laws

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
i don't like drugs to be honest i don't give a rats ass if you put poison in your body, However the government workers seem to think they are on the inside, and we need to get them in the slave boat with the rest of us.
edit on 21-7-2011 by TaxpayersUnleashed because: misspelled word

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by TaxpayersUnleashed
if they are passing these stupid laws

You mean the drug prohibition laws?

and we need to get them in the slave boat with the rest of us.

Your answer to bad laws is ...drug testing?

edit on 21-7-2011 by traditionaldrummer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

If insurance companies and the rest want to test for nicotine, let them test for the rest.They raise taxes for tobacco under the guise of protecting its' Citizens, the rest of the drugs should be free game also and taxed as much.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Logic does not apply anymore in this government. You need to think out of the box.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

why do you defend drug users running our government? are you a member of AL Qaeda?

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

It depends on the municipality. Where I live I'm not aware of any local agencies that drug test. Federal and state do but not the locals.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer
How about no?

1. We need less drug testing and less drug laws.

2. Use of any given drug does not determine efficacy at one's job.

3. This will have no positive effect and will enrich laboratories at the expense of taxpayers.

1. I agree with to an extent

2. Is just wrong. There are to many examples of people high who have caused accidents, many of which were fatal.

3. You are totally correct on that. If a law is passed making this mandatory, use it to your advantage and invest in those companies.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I'm glad I don't live where most of you do. I have had many jobs over the years; and not once have I ever been asked to take a drug test.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
exactly!!! That is the spirit. Its time we even the playing field, Congressmen should be naked body scanned, Before they enter the house and vote. I'm worried that these drug users could bring in anal cavity bombs and disrupt the votes.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
2. Is just wrong. There are to many examples of people high who have caused accidents, many of which were fatal.

Sure. And there are tons more people who have caused accidents, some fatal, who were completely sober.

Drug tests do not determine whether a person is inebriated at the time of testing. It only determines whether a substance was metabolized. Someone who consumed marijuana one time during a weekend will show positive weeks later even though they have remained 100% sober at their job. Drug testing is unjust.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TaxpayersUnleashed

Ive been told coc aine stays in you're system for 2 days or less . Cannabis stays in you're system for 30 or more days depending on frequency of use. Crack and coke heads have no problem passing drug tests where I work. you are given 2 days notice for the test. There is something wrong with that. I would rather have someone over my head working that smoked a dobie the night before than someone who has done some rails.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join