It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That sinking feeling: Woman finds giant sinkhole under her bed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

That sinking feeling: Woman finds giant sinkhole under her bed

news.yahoo.com

Here's something you never want to hear: "That loud booming sound is coming from inside the house!"

That's what one Inocenta Hernandez from Guatemala City learned after a sudden noise caused her to run outside, thinking there had been an explosion nearby. When she realized the problem was inside her home, she returned to find a gaping, three feet wide, 40 feet deep sinkhole beneath her bed.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
You have to check out the pictures in the story. An almost perfectly round hole appeared under this woman's bed.

Take a close look at the pictures and you will also notice a brick foundation. How does a sinkhole make such a perfect shape through brick like that?

I think this would definitely be one story for Charles Fort's collection.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
weird.

our planet is weird.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
wow, i wonder how many more of this "ol' tricky sink holes" will happen all over the world before media or main stream science wants to explore this deeper than the write off they have been giving it

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
This comment from a Yahoo User caught my eye...........

it seems odd to me that a sinkhole would be perfectly round. i would think that nature would be a bit more oddly shapen. it is almost like these sinkholes were "manmade" and filled in over time, only to have something underneat the ground take out the filling. hm. maybe it is just me that finds it odd...

edit on 20-7-2011 by jonibelle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Uhh, please explain to me the process by which floor tiles will be cut in a perfectly circular shape by the erosion of a sinkhole. Not buying this one at all.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
those inner earth reptiles need to cool it with all the expansions lol its getting a little ridiculous --- though im sure the reptiles would say i took the words right out there mouthes about us lol

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Observer99

Gnomes?

I don't see how normal erosion could make such shapes and cut like that through the tile and what appears to be brick beneath it.

Too weird.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
It looks like an old well that was lined with brick. once it went dry they filled it in and it finally settled/

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Actually nature makes what look like perfect circles all the time but I cannot explain how it would do that to the floor. Any erosion to the tiles would be very haphazard and this looks like it was cut.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I agree that it is an old well that has been exposed. The arrangement of the bricks are clearly circular, that's not to say that a sink hole didn't initiate the collapse.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
it's weird every picture of a deep sink hole ends up perfectly round.

i think it must be normal tho as even a mishap i had as a kid created a PERFECTLY ROUND hole. i was trying to construct an underground fort with my friends. i had about a 3.5 foot by about 4.5 foot shaft sunk down over 10 feet deep, being a bit hasty i started to dig out the sides without the supports i had planned. well it caved in on me. i had been crouched at the bottom digging when it went. i ended up with my head barley above the dirt when it all settled my head only being about 1 or 2 feet below surface level, it created a PERFECT circular pit over 10 feet wide and about a foot or two deep when it was all over.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
i just thought about something this hole was under her bed, what if it would of been one of the 10 foot wide variety --- this lady would of literally heard a 'boom' then dropped 40 feet into the earth bed and all imagine being one of the grand children to discover that scene lol im going to go ahead and make the call that this IS NOT NORMAL

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
The circle in the tiles is fairly explainable; if the earth started sinking in a cylindrical shape then the downward pull from the falling earth would have literally ripped the lino (especially if it was old) into the circular shape we're seeing.

edit - in fact it probably only sunk because the lino became too worn to sustain any suction.
edit on 21-7-2011 by posthuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Reply to post by Observer99

exactly what I was thinking. This story smells of hoax. Unless of course she has a dirt floor.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonibelle
This comment from a Yahoo User caught my eye...........

it seems odd to me that a sinkhole would be perfectly round. i would think that nature would be a bit more oddly shapen. it is almost like these sinkholes were "manmade" and filled in over time, only to have something underneat the ground take out the filling. hm. maybe it is just me that finds it odd...

edit on 20-7-2011 by jonibelle because: (no reason given)

This is what I'm going with!

These holes are just too perfect to be anything other than manmade!....but why?

are they ancient well's?...are they ancient access to underground tunnels?

I've always been fascinated by the holes....especially the extreamly large ones!

I'll be watching this thread with interest!

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
How well would you sleep if one of these opened up under your bed! Poor woman, I bet she never sleeps again!

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Did it occur to anyone that perhaps the investgators, or whoever was called to look at the sinkhole, cut away the flooring to expose the hole properly? The Lino looks like it has been cut away with a Stanley knife or something similar.

And I agree that it's most likely an old well that finally gave way. Looks to be about the right dimensions for one.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I do believe my response to that would be to wake my family and leave. I may not know where I was headed, but when a hole opens up under my bed, it's time to go anywhere but there.

edit on 21-7-2011 by Forgoten_Whisper because: (no reason given)

top topics

join