It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA introduces new technology to protect privacy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

WASHINGTON — The Transportation Security Administration says it's installing new technology in some U.S. airports so when a traveler goes through checkpoint security, a generic outline of a person's body will be shown instead of the image of a naked body.

Well if you can't see the naked body....What's the fun in that?

The new software is designed to recognize items on the passenger that could pose a security threat.

You mean like a diaper?

The whole body imaging machines have sparked outrage among passengers and privacy advocates because they reveal images of naked bodies.

You think so.....This Agency is on it's way out.

They have ruined the flying experience.

I would rather keep my shoes on and take my chances.

However, This is a very small improvement...

Story
edit on 20-7-2011 by whyamIhere because: add link

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Being that only a small amount of this McDonalds-diet population in this country have attractive figures, I would say that this is a blessing for them.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
i noticed this story earlier today on cnn, could be good, though it leaves one to wonder why wasnt the software like this in the first place; just another case of the 2.0 rule (never buy anything thats not up to atleast version 2 lol) or are there other considerations to be taken with this version --- like what you alluded to about not working as full proof or in something in that nature --- something tells me we havent heard the end of this

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by pplrnuts
Being that only a small amount of this McDonalds-diet population in this country have attractive figures, I would say that this is a blessing for them.

They probably changed this due to employee complaints rather than privacy concerns.....

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
what is the point of going through a body scanner if you are going to cover up the naked photograph and any potential contraband with fake clothing? Do that not defeat the reason to scan?

Ok we get it, tsa you are thugs and pedophiles you want to make airline travelers submit to slave prisoner training.
We have had enough please, just leave we can't afford your services anymore were broke we don't want your pedophilia police state

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TaxpayersUnleashed

as i understand it, the scan itself is still a full invasive scan and detection tool but instead of giving the operator an output of a true "nekad body shot" it redraws the image to give an acurate but generic representation --- so like i said in a earlier post if they could of done that, why wasnt that the initial plan --- it's not even like the technology is new just its application is a newer idea

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I can really see a scenario where they are reorganized.

Let me randomly pick a date.

How about October 2012.

Reinventing the TSA would be very popular right before the election.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
That still does not address the DNA changing radiation aspect of the machines.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I read about this on another forum today and wonder what is 'really' going on here. Is this supposed to "calm us down"--those of us who've complained--and that is the majority?! Those machines still radiate you, do they not? It's still against the Constitution, is it not? I still won't fly.
I remember a video of Senator Rand Paul questioning Pistole not too long ago. Rand said to Pistole, ""...In your interview with ABC you said, 'I see flying as a privilege.'. Well, there are those of us who see it otherwise, the Supreme Court included..."
Rand then goes on to cite two cases that agree that traveling is a right, not a privilege: Saenz vs. Roe and Shapiro vs. Thompson!!
Abolish the TSA!
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

I could not find any information about that.

It is probably more...If it was less.

They would use that information for PR purposes.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

Exactly, these machines will poison your body.... your hair, your clothes....everything.
These machines will never protect your privacy... it's more of invade your privacy.

Don't fall for this gimmick "new technology to protect privacy"

It's all a new disguise to fool you.

Edit : they probably installed a simple visual basic code that script kiddies could make...
next thing you know TSA aps on Ipod to protect your privacy lol
Oh wait I bet they already have that....

edit on 21-7-2011 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

I refused to go through the machines that sprayed whatever that was they sprayed at you, refused to allow my children to pass through them and if I must fly, I will refuse to go through these as well. They can try and embarrass me all they want, and as I told them before sorry doesn't work with me. I have two kids I have been pawed and groped as much as a person can be. So go ahead pat me down, but I am not walking through those things and being exposed to more radiation. I mean really, have you not noticed your dentist or his assistant leaves the room when they take an x-ray, and that is after they put a lead cover over you? That the same happens in a medical office as well?

Oh and when the TSA employees start having higher incidences of cancer and birth defects, or trouble conceiving children we will not have to look far to figure out why.

join