It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's vs Global Meltdown

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
So this makes it very clear as to what people are more interested in on ATS.

Aliens and UFOs (857,215 posts)

War On Terrorism (250,901 posts)
Breaking Political News (173,615 posts)
New World Order (160,407 posts)
Social Issues and Civil Unrest (148,774 posts)
Global Meltdown (140,191 posts)
Political Issues (127,164 posts)
Political Conspiracies (114,730 posts)

Political scandals, Nations falling, Wars, Hunger, Riots, Police States, Martial Law, Unemployment, WW3, America's decline, The Fed, Iran, Iraq, Afhganistan, Libya, Syria, Yemen, Pakistan, China Russia and on and on and on...

But what are most people interested in?...Little Green Men! (Or Gray ones)

Why are people looking to the skies when the World is falling apart on their doorstep? Why do people want to see videos of shaky, blurry lights in the sky rather than reports of what people are doing about food and gas prices, housing shortages and corporate and Govt. corruption?

The US Government has just stated that SS checks may not go out and the DHS is threatening that terrorist attacks are a guarantee if they don't get their way but those reports disappear from the page in a jumble of OMG!!! UFO Proof! DISCLOSURE!!!!!!! WTH?

Are people being fooled? Is this a case of "Look over here" while TPTB do something else over there? Distraction to keep the masses from seeing what the real issues are and to give them another form of entertainment?

I am not saying that the UFO threads are not important and I am definitely not saying that I don't believe. I'm only asking why there are so many threads on an issue we have no control over and so few on topics that we at least have a chance of having an impact on?

I see so many posts of people stating that they are angry, frustrated, depressed and surprised at what is happening in the World but what I don't see are solutions or even suggestions on what we as citizens of Earth can do to change it.

But as the numbers don't lie, most interests lie in aliens and what THEIR plans are.

Why concentrate on something that we can do nothing about? If they're here, they're here. They'll either reveal themselves or they won't. Maybe they will take over the World and then again maybe they will find out that it isn't even worth it. I don't know and neither does anyone else.

Then again, maybe they're all laughing at us looking up at them while our Governments are slowly closing in on us and putting up the fences.

Ok, just had to 'Rant' or 'Chit Chat'...

Thanks.

edit on 18-7-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Yes, we are all very aware of the terrible situation the world is in but does that mean we must dwell on it? By those numbers you posted, I'd say even though A&U forum is hot, the others are far from being ignored or unnoticed.

Lets face it, aliens and UFOs are way more interesting than dwelling on the negative situation that is our planet. When were the good times on this planet?

I believe in aliens, ufos and other worldly creatures, and I'm hoping for a Start Trek like future, where man has finally gotten over his love for material possessions (see: money) and knows world peace. It's crazy, but so are the TPTB (see: Bohemian Grove
which is going on right now)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a304286f1d3f.jpg[/atsimg]

Btw, if you're familiar with David Icke, and many others, Aliens and our current situation go hand in hand, religion too.

edit on 18-7-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
That's because if the little green men come along people think all the other issues will be solved.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
reply to post by jude11

Yes, we are all very aware of the terrible situation the world is in but does that mean we must dwell on it? By those numbers you posted, I'd say even though A&U forum is hot, the others are far from being ignored or unnoticed.

Lets face it, aliens and UFOs are way more interesting than dwelling on the negative situation that is our planet. When were the good times on this planet?

I believe in aliens, ufos and other worldly creatures, and I'm hoping for a Start Trek like future, where man has finally gotten over his love for material possessions (see: money) and knows world peace. It's crazy, but so are the TPTB (see: Bohemian Grove

Btw, if you're familar with David Icke, and many others, Aliens and our current situation go hand in hand, religion too.

I can see your point and yes the star trek future is a fascinating one.

But we won't have that future for us little unimportant peons if we don't pay attention to what is happening in our present.

And you said it best with the statement of Aliens being more interesting. That's exactly my point.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
That's because if the little green men come along people think all the other issues will be solved.

aah...Boncho...I knew you'd come along and sum it all up in a sentence!

Bingo!

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Yeah, actually that's a very true statement. I'm actually waiting for this system to crumble but it will begin with the people. The aliens are not gonna come down here and save us from ourselves, we have to do that on our own. If the little green men, or just human-like (looks just like you and I) aliens ever come into our lives you'll know things are mostly likely going to be on the up and up. But first we must change. There's no way, as we are now, we are ready to be apart of a galactic family, or whatever you want to call it. They would never allow Starbucks into space

Remember this thread and it's contents, because if the little green men are real and they do reveal their existence to us in our very near future, well, this thread will make you giggle.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

reply to post by jude11

Btw, if you're familar with David Icke, and many others, Aliens and our current situation go hand in hand, religion too.

I can see your point and yes the star trek future is a fascinating one.

But we won't have that future for us little unimportant peons if we don't pay attention to what is happening in our present.

And you said it best with the statement of Aliens being more interesting. That's exactly my point.

My point is that people on ATS are very aware of the situation regarding the world. Just click over to New Topics and there it is! How could you miss it? Are there people who only read the A&U forums? Sure, but they might just be the minority. Hell, do a survey yourself and see who posts there (I do) and see where else they post or what threads they make. Not a bad idea.

So my point is people are very aware but constantly dwelling on a negative situation is not healthy, ever. Aliens and UFOs are extremely fascinating and mostly positive (minus the anal probing
), the others cannot compare.

Btw, in my opinion, the A&U forum population is mostly skeptics and non believers who love to post. So that, imo, adds so much to the high post count. Too me, I see them support each other to the fullest, while the most believers remain quiet. It's almost a bully like atmosphere, at times.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Jude i think i see your point...

if a small amount of alien Vids are released, if the promise of disclosure is dangled infront of us by ex military Col, or some space observing scientist all saying that aliens are 100% true then surley we ignore the bigger picture,

a way to make the conspiracy buts (the more vocal) internet users, the slight more aware (sometimes) be nullified in a world where they always know exactly what conspiracy is going on...

Maybe the conspiracy is... the conspiracy?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Pride, politics, nationalism and corporatism and all that ism leads to division and conflict. Human brotherhood is necessary to make possible the fulfillment and peace that most people seek. I agree that humans should take responsibility for the world they create, but involving oneself with the petty dramas only serves to maintain separatism and attachments. The dog and pony show is coming to a close, and it could get ugly if people allow it. Thus we need to do more than adjust the system; we need to adjust our world view.

Many people have been overwhelmed by life's dramas and have become de-spirited, but, luckily, there is something spiritual about the realization of a paradigm-shifting truth. An interest in "disclosure," UFOs and aliens, I think, indicates an interest in a fundamental change in the big picture, which is obviously necessary at this point in human history, so I think it's good that so many people are on the edge of their seats, waiting for something concrete to prompt a change. As for those who remain entrenched in their ways, it requires something world-shaking for a new "big picture" to come into focus, and there are few things more world-shaking than experiences with the unfamiliar.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by GonzoSinister

if a small amount of alien Vids are released, if the promise of disclosure is dangled infront of us by ex military Col, or some space observing scientist all saying that aliens are 100% true then surley we ignore the bigger picture,

a way to make the conspiracy buts (the more vocal) internet users, the slight more aware (sometimes) be nullified in a world where they always know exactly what conspiracy is going on...

Well that's the thing, no one is ignoring the world because every now and then we have some "official" word on UFOs. The amount of times we received "official" word about UFOs could never cover up all the bad that is going on with the world.

So I respectfully disagree

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Exactly what I'm saying.

I'm not saying Aliens don't exist but maybe just not on the scale we are being led to believe or even not in the way they are being presented. I don't know of course.

But it does seem that the UFO topics are taking over and the more immediate issues are getting less notice because they're not as sexy.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by wagnificent
Pride, politics, nationalism and corporatism and all that ism leads to division and conflict. Human brotherhood is necessary to make possible the fulfillment and peace that most people seek. I agree that humans should take responsibility for the world they create, but involving oneself with the petty dramas only serves to maintain separatism and attachments. The dog and pony show is coming to a close, and it could get ugly if people allow it. Thus we need to do more than adjust the system; we need to adjust our world view.

Many people have been overwhelmed by life's dramas and have become de-spirited, but, luckily, there is something spiritual about the realization of a paradigm-shifting truth. An interest in "disclosure," UFOs and aliens, I think, indicates an interest in a fundamental change in the big picture, which is obviously necessary at this point in human history, so I think it's good that so many people are on the edge of their seats, waiting for something concrete to prompt a change. As for those who remain entrenched in their ways, it requires something world-shaking for a new "big picture" to come into focus, and there are few things more world-shaking than experiences with the unfamiliar.

I respectfully agree!

I think that's what I've been trying to say all along

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by wagnificent

I can see your point.

But in the mean time, are we not just hoping for the fix from elsewhere rather than within ourselves?

Are we in danger of being misdirected while everything falls around us?

This would be the perfect vehicle of misdirection to keep us busy and give a glimmer of hope that all will soon be fixed,

IMO

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Well that's the thing, no one is ignoring the world because every now and then we have some "official" word on UFOs. The amount of times we received "official" word about UFOs could never cover up all the bad that is going on with the world.

So I respectfully disagree

See i would say there is like a false hope... many of the conspiracy website users are hoping that this slight chance of aliens or disclosure or whatever other worldly event will occur in the predicted year and a half from now will fix all the problems,

sure no one is ignoring the the world.. i think you are possibly being to nice to btoh the general populace and the general users on this site... there would rather be a belief we are almost there in terms of aliens than we need to band together and find a solution, (that isnt hold yourself up in a bunker with 1000 rounds of ammo and 10 times your own weight in beans) as alot of the users tend to post on here.

im not saying everyone is ignoring the world, but i do think a few videos here and there are making a decent number wish for the bringers of false hope instead trying to resolve there issues on our planet.

so i counter your respectful disagreement

Just my thoughts
edit on 18-7-2011 by GonzoSinister because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-7-2011 by GonzoSinister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by GonzoSinister

Apparently you haven't read my posts. Alien disclosure will not end the worlds problems, although it would be a good sign of a more positive life to come. We have to end our worlds problems.

People are excited about alien disclosure because it means aliens are real. I already believe in aliens so I don't need disclosure, although I would love it. Some countries are in the early stages of disclosure (see: South America, France, Belgium) but I don't ever expect those who are in power right now to ever reveal the Truth to us. So imo, alien disclosure will most likely come from the aliens themselves. In fact, many people believe that's going on right now. The aliens are slowly revealing themselves to us. That's also explains why the A&U is hawt. We gotta post the latest and greatest UFO video. But, when we post our UFO videos we aren't saying "here they are coming to save us". I never see that. Its a post of excitement and hope that its a real UFO in the video, not hope that they are going to save mankind. Most people don't think past what life would be like if aliens revealed themselves to us anyway.Some think life as we know it would barely change

So again, I respectfully disagree with most of you.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Who here on the ATS A&U forum is hoping for aliens to save us? I think you're putting words into someones mouth. Show me all the posts and threads on the A&U forum that are waiting/hoping for aliens to save the planet.

There are people all over the world who believe in aliens and prolly think aliens means all is well. What they don't get is that the aliens are not going to do the work for us. There very well may be benevolent ETs (also see: angels) guiding some of us but that would be it. The rest we gotta take care of ourselves.

We have to take responsibility for our own actions. And I believe we the world are doing just that, and it begins with waking up and beginning to see the world for what it is. Recent worldwide protests tell me this, and good people like Ron Paul and all of his supporters, and Anon is a fav of mine as well.

Protesting, it's contagious

If anything, the good news is we could very well be on our way to being ready to hang in space but we got to clean our room first before we can go out and play
edit on 19-7-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

reply to post by jude11

Who here on the ATS A&U forum is hoping for aliens to save us? I think you're putting words into someones mouth. Show me all the posts and threads on the A&U forum that are waiting/hoping for aliens to save the planet.

I am speaking in general terms as to what I feel is a shift in our interests and priorities.

I did not state emphatically that posts are saying anything. Titles sometimes are a little over the top but that's normal anywhere.

Rather an observation as to what MAY be happening and why.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

In general terms? I dunno. I said what I said, it's late and this is prolly as far as it's gonna go. But as far as a shift in ATS land, I doubt much has changed. In fact, I'm sure some other non A&U forums have most likely seen an increase in numbers as of late, and that's because people are indeed waking up and some of them find this place. I'm one of them. I've only been a member since May but I would dare say the A&U forum has always been the most popular kid in this school

edit on 19-7-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

what I don't see are solutions or even suggestions on what we as citizens of Earth can do to change it.

Because we dont know the solution... so we look to the skies trying to "think outside the box"

reply to post by boncho

GMTA again man - get out of my head!!!

I believe the truth is this - most of the people on any forum website - regardless of the topic - are looking to be entertained, and yeah proably to learn something, but no one here is trying to save the world - if they are.... they're not doing it with a post - they're doing it when they log off

Aliens are entertaining - Nuclear meltdowns are entertaining - Radiation in the food.... eh....not so entertaining - its more scary - so they ignore it and hope it will go away

oh another thought - how many of those posts are repeated and/or dedicated debunkers... might mess up the numbers a bit - and did I not see religions on that list? nope I didn't... whats the figures on that? Nothing more entertaining to people than an endless religious debate

and before anyone snaps on me - OF COURSE THERE ARE EXCEPTIONS
edit on 19-7-2011 by Forevever because: ♥

top topics

join