It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian troops invade Iraq, take control of 3 Kurdish bases

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Has anybody been able to figure out what year in history, according to Timewave Zero, we are supposed to be repeating now? The Iran-Iraq war was from 1980-1988. I doubt we are already up to repeating the 80s yet, since the last numbers I saw were connecting Hitler's death in 1945 to OBL's in 2011. I don't put too much weight into TWZ or Webbot, but it might be interesting to see the lineup. Of course, if this is what triggers a ww3 type event, that may line up. I looked myself, but can't seem to find an actual chart that lists the date in history to where we are now.

I'm curious because things definitely seem to be going from bad to worse, especially in the Middle East.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Your government is a terrorist. Which most of the world, including Americans agree on.

Iran would be a democracy. Pakistan wouldn't be the terrorist heaven it is now. Russia would have kicked Germany's butt (yeah they didn't need America to pull it off)... A lot of stuff would be different.

I am an American, and proud of it, and I disagree with your statements.

Granted, I do not like what I see happening in the world, however, I understand that if the US did not involve itself in WW2, you would be speaking German or Japanese.

If we did not involve ourselves in the rest of the world, the world would be a much darker place. We are not perfect, far from it, but we are "free". And Yep, we wanna spread that freedom to every person on the face of the earth because it is the right of every man, woman, and child to be free.

You can bash America all you want, but it will not change the fact that we will DIE for our freedom, and yours.

Hell yes, I`ll drink to that.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

America didnt do anything when Iranian forces crossed the border and seized a few oil wells. The Iraqi Military took care of that issue.

Love how you continually drag America into news articles though. As Ive said before wouldnt it be easier for you to just create one thread - I hate America - and just post there?

What if Iraq asks the US military to assist? Would you accept that or would you just go own your typical road of the US must have bullied them into allowing us to act.

TEll ya what.. The US will stop playing the worlds policeman. Canada can go ahead and do that instead.
edit on 18-7-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I really hope the US government or even Israel doesn't act violently but in reality they will anyway.
The media would no doubt turn this whole event into a humanitarian crisis in a couple of weeks/months time, and soon we would see another Libya, no wait Syria, no wait...I lost count of how many foreign governments the US has tried to overthrow since Vietnam.

We may like to think that we live in comfort away from harm here in the west, but Iran does have some deadly allies like Russia and China - not to mention US- China relations have already been damaged due to the Chinese resentment of NATO's involvement in the Libya conflict and the recent Dalai Lama meetings with Obama.

I fear this is a stage for more bad events to come.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

So it's illegal to have an opinion now, unless I am proactive and proud? I have attended Tea Party events, I have educated every single one of my friends on Dr. Paul's message, I even educate strangers when I am standing in line, or waiting in the waiting room, or just walking. I however leave out the endless ranting on our Invade and Conquer system. Luls.

There is no offense taken, I am a reasonable person, I understand people (esp intelligent people) are going to have objective opinions. I understand I often come off as 'Dark' when in political debates, but the truth is the truth. We sit in other countries, even if they show no signs of aggression. We conquer when the price is right. We pay Dictators/Murderers BILLIONS to run their countries OUR WAY. What happens when they don't? Look at Egypt, look at Iraq, look at Pakistan. We rob those dictators, put on a horse and pony show in the news, and put a new Dictator in power.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze
I really hope the US government or even Israel doesn't act violently but in reality they will anyway.

So its ok if Iran acts violently?

Why do people have such a double standard. If the US did this, people would be screaming about acting illegaly and ignoring international law and UN charter.

Iran does it, and people still focus on the US and ISrael.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
here is CNN's take on the event

edition.cnn.com...

Deniz said Iranian forces entered into Iraqi territory, but Jabbar Yawer, a spokesman for the Kurdish Regional Security Forces, said Iranian troops did not cross the border.

who are we to believe?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by IAmNotWill

It's not illegal to have an opinion, it is just offensive to me when I hear of an "unproud American." I don't disagree with anything in your last post. I entirely agree with your take on things, and I am happy that you take the time to attend events and educate your friends on Ron Paul. That is wonderful, and even if Paul can't pull it off, at least we have opened eyes to another view.

I think your post is spot on, but I think you should be proud to be part of a country that is so powerful, and yet still so open to change from within, and we don't have to be violent to do it.

We are discovering that we do have to be vigilant and active to make change, and we have let things slide far, far too long. But still, I am proud that we have the opportunity to make a change. We also haver our 2nd Amendment and the precedent of our Declaration of Independence. SO, if things can't be changed politically, there are always other options, and I am still proud to be part of a country that is willing to make whatever sacrifice is necessary to win on a moral grounds for liberty!

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Since 1945, the US government has tried to overthrow over 50 foreign governments to achieve their version of "world wide peace". In the process the US has caused the deaths of millions of innocent people.

So when compared to the US and Israel, Iran is hardly a threat. Its more like a rebellious teenager.

edit on 18-7-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: nrg

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Nothing in the news.
nothing to get the people ready for a attack on them.
no propaganda to get them work't up over this.
to make it look like a good thing to go to
War with the last one on the Risk board.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by kellynap43
This is a country that threatens to take millions of people off the map, and you people on this thread are saying don’t do anything, peace, etc? Wake up. How dumb is that?America doesn’t want another war, but will not tolerate a terrorist nation imposing its will on another. This is a country that doesn’t believe the holocaust happened. This is a country that beats, mames, buthers, rapes its women and provides no rights for them to speak out. Yet you people on this thread are sticking up for them. This is a country that threatens its citizens, promotes terrorism and the deaths of thousands around the world and yet you people chant peace? How stupid are you?

Hypocrite, springs to mind after reading youre comment.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

America doesn’t want another war, but will not tolerate a terrorist nation imposing its will on another.

Not tolerate another Nation imposing its will on another? That all the US does!

This is a country that threatens its citizens, promotes terrorism and the deaths of thousands around the world.

I'm confused on this one. Are you referring to the US? Must be since the actions of the US fits the description.

edit on 18-7-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

So its ok if Iran acts violently?

Why do people have such a double standard. If the US did this, people would be screaming about acting illegaly and ignoring international law and UN charter.

Iran does it, and people still focus on the US and ISrael.

The US does this on a daily basis. Americans scream about it as well as the International community. I hope you're not saying that the US doesn't ignore International Laws.

Only difference is that when America does it, it's now called 'Humanitarian'.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

This is a country that threatens to take millions of people off the map, and you people on this thread are saying don’t do anything, peace, etc? Wake up. How dumb is that? America doesn’t want another war, but will not tolerate a terrorist nation imposing its will on another. This is a country that doesn’t believe the holocaust happened. This is a country that beats, mames, buthers, rapes its women and provides no rights for them to speak out. Yet you people on this thread are sticking up for them. This is a country that threatens its citizens, promotes terrorism and the deaths of thousands around the world and yet you people chant peace? How stupid are you?

YEAH, LETS put up more bases, we need MORE PEACE and security. THANK GOD , we already pay out to a whole slue of countries billions of dollars to keep us safe. WE need to raise taxes to pay for this security. What a great idea
WE need to give them U.N BOYS A raise. YEAH, great job
I think CONGRESS is on to something here, i think they need another raise. GREAT JOB GUYS.
WE need to EXPAND OURsleves some more leg room and do what we do best.
We can expand our BUISNESS to other countries. ALL RIGHT
EXSPANSION. You the taxpayer, will have to step it up, yeah, LETS GO for america. yeah.
More BUISNESS. yeah. We need to throw ALOT more dollars around, LETS GET THIS DONE. YOU BOYS out there, NOW, put a smile on your face when you go outside and be PROUD OF what your country is doing for YOU.
stand up straight, you civillian.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

kellynap43 is a troll stop feeding it.

My mistake I didn't intend to reply directly to anyone.
edit on 18-7-2011 by Silverado292 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

America doesn’t want another war, but will not tolerate a terrorist nation imposing its will on another.

You talking about Israel??

This is a country that beats, mames, buthers, rapes its women and provides no rights for them to speak out.

The government doesn't rape the people. Criminals do, and we have just as many offenders here in the United States compared to Iran. Our prisons are over-populated, what's that mean to you?

Yet you people on this thread are sticking up for them. This is a country that threatens its citizens, promotes terrorism and the deaths of thousands around the world and yet you people chant peace? How stupid are you?

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

Are you saying that Iran is the only nation in the world that is responsible for funding clandestine activities and political assassinations? Dude, we're the kings of that #. Well, TECHNICALLY the Iranian Persians are the kings of political assassination (see Hassassins), but we galvanized the idea of nation-sponsored terrorism. And we've now passed the torch to Israels Mossad. They'll soon perfect the art of political assassination, once they stop using those noisy mopeds!
edit on 18-7-2011 by BiGGz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Another reason for Angela Merkel to hurry up and gather the Arabs around her for the Comprehensive Middle East Peace Treaty that she promised would be signed and sealed by the end of September, coinciding with a Big Bang in Europe to create a huge fiscal unity in which all nations lose sovereignity. It's what's needed to send a European Peacekeeping Force to the Middle East asap. Don't miss the news at the end of September, when the UN votes on Palestine independence which is one of the pieces of the puzzle to make all parties agree to this big German surprise. Other puzzle pieces are: Israel must agree to a Peacekeeping Force on the West bank, Germany must vouch and underpin Israel's security, the Arabs must be told to keep their hands off Israel, Russia must mind its own business and not get involved and Saudi Arabia must have its finger on the borrowed Pakistani nuclear trigger.

The Iranians are making a grave mistake in thinking that the Germans are as easily bullied as the Anglo-Saxons.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

reply to post by Xcathdra

Since 1945, the US government has tried to overthrow over 50 foreign governments to achieve their version of "world wide peace". In the process the US has caused the deaths of millions of innocent people.

So when compared to the US and Israel, Iran is hardly a threat. Its more like a rebellious teenager.

edit on 18-7-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: nrg

and prior to that it was the French, British, Portugal, Spain, Germany, Italy etc etc etc.

After WWII you have the US, as well as the Soviet Union.

Also, the Us has nothing to do with the topic.. So thank you for proving my point.

Again, you seem to ignore the rest and concentrate on the US.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Time for the bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb Iran song. Everyone sign along. The MIC will create jobs to supply the machine,

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71

I understand that if the US did not involve itself in WW2, you would be speaking German or Japanese.

As i understand it, certain elements within the U.S.A tried hard to make sure we were..

Bush family help finance third reich

IBM's link to nazi death camps

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join