It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syracuse teen admits guilt in 7-cent robbery after jury convicts accomplice

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Syracuse teen admits guilt in 7-cent robbery after jury convicts accomplice

www.syracuse.com

Syracuse, NY - Two Syracuse teenagers were convicted this week – one by guilty plea and the other by a jury verdict – in the armed robbery of an elderly man that netted them a total of seven cents. Skyler Ninham, 16, of Grace St., pleaded guilty before County Judge William Walsh Friday afternoon to a felony count of first-degree robbery. Anthony Stewart, 15, of West Onondaga Street, was found guilty by a County Court jury Wednesday of the same first-degree robbery charge following a trial.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Seven cents? They beat up an old man for seven cents?

Ninham was to have gone on trial next week, but opted to plead guilty instead in the wake of Stewart’s conviction. He is to be sentenced by Walsh Aug. 9 to 1 1/3 to four years in prison with youthful offender treatment removing the felony conviction from his record.

And the one who plead out will not even have a felony on his record? Liberals! No wonder our nation is going to hell in a hand basket. These two degenerates should receive some real PUNISHMENT! The second one, Stewart, could also end up with no felony conviction.
WTF is going on here? In Georgia a little girl with a lemonade stand is treated like a criminal, but in New York actual criminals are let off with a slap on the wrist.

www.syracuse.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
That's so typical of that area. They rob you for less.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

WTF is going on here? In Georgia a little girl with a lemonade stand is treated like a criminal, but in New York actual criminals are let off with a slap on the wrist.

That is not a fair comparison. Not even in the same ballpark. One of the kids may get 1-4 years., They deserve punishment, and they are receiving it. Did you expect the judge to lock them up and throw away the key

These are just kids and can still be rehabilitated. I am not going to claim that the prison system works, but there is a chance their youth corrections will give them a new out look on life. You should try having a bit of compassion.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

The same compassion they showed while kicking a 73 year old man in the head several times while he was down? These are violent thugs who need to be labeled as such. They need to be given a felony conviction so that people who come across them in the future will know who and what they are dealing with.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
16 and 15 years old? Yep...that's old enough to know better. They are almost legal adults.

The conviction needs to stick.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Seems like a fair punishment (for the authoritarian world we live in, that is). They did wrong, now they lose a few years of their lives to living in a cage. I imagine a good butt-whooping from their father would also sort them out, but for some reason I get the impression neither of them have a dad in their lives.

I doubt they'll rob again. They'll probably think about it and say...

"No way, it's not worth it... for all I know this guy might only have FIVE cents... and I know what happened last time!"

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

The same compassion they showed while kicking a 73 year old man in the head several times while he was down? These are violent thugs who need to be labeled as such. They need to be given a felony conviction so that people who come across them in the future will know who and what they are dealing with.

When was the last time you met someone and they gave you a criminal history record?

It matters only that the older cons inside know what they did, there are plenty in there that would mop the floor with these kids for doing that to an old man.

If they make it back out on the street, they should have a little more respect for their elders. They probably should have been sentenced to an adult facility for that to happen though...

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

reply to post by againuntodust

"No way, it's not worth it... for all I know this guy might only have FIVE cents... and I know what happened last time!"

People that are that stupid to begin with usually don't have the rational of the average person. Them stopping will come down to something changing overall.

They probably have some major issues they need to work through to make that choice.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I just thank the gods that no police officer was around to stop the robbery-

If there was we'd have 10 threads about how the vicious pigs violated the teenagers rights

top topics

join