It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9:00 PM here in Washington..70 degrees..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
was 49 at 6 am here this morning..

you all are burning up and we are really cold still..

but not consistent temps here..

was 82 here on Tuesday..

and then 67 yesterday...

so, is it global warming or just weird weather this year?
local.msn.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
ive lived in Washington my whole life, this bipolar weather has always been doing this here. and its 61 degrees where im living..?

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
5am here in UK and it was crazy warm through the night, just cooling down now. We had Noctilucent clouds above the city last night, they've been appearing for the last few weeks around 11pm. As I understand it they're due to polar activity / climate change? I don't profess to know much about it but I know there's definitely something not right.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Ramcheck

yep..

something is not right...

it is usually around 80 degrees this time of year..

was 42 the other morning..

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Central Texas here...11:10pm...still hot at 88degrees. It was 104 here today and has been 100 or over daily for weeks now and is forecast for 100 or higher next week as well.
Totally bummed...don't feel like doing anything as it is so hot and depressing.
edit on 15-7-2011 by sharintexas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
It's been cooler this year in Wash. and surrounding, more so than last year. My veggie garden as well as others I know locally, and I hear farmers too, seen the ill effects of the frost and more. I don't mind the 70 degrees, surely was warmer last year in July. I don't believe the whole global warming thing, but can't ignore the national wacky weather this year, so far... Though never know, may be back to closer to normal but sketchy as always in the NW next year.
edit on 15-7-2011 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

What's to Blame for Wild Weather?

The winter of 2010 began with La Niña conditions taking hold. A "normal" La Niña would have pushed the jet stream northward, pushing cold arctic air (one of the ingredients of severe weather) away from the lower US. But this La Niña petered out quickly, and no El Niño rose up to replace it. The jet stream was free to misbehave. "By mid-January 2011, La Niña weakened rapidly and by mid-February it was 'adios La Niña,' allowing the jet stream to meander wildly around the US. Consequently the weather pattern became dominated by strong outbreaks of frigid polar air, producing blizzards across the West, Upper Midwest, and northeast US."1

science.nasa.gov...

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

yea..

didn't even do my garden this year..

but i do have wild strawberries coming up..

was just to cold.. sux..

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
11:30 pm here in MN. 77 degrees and 94% humidity. It feels really nasty and thick out. Just 6 months ago it was
-30. Tomorow its going to be 95 degrees. Its crazy that the temperature can fluctuate 125 degrees in 6 months.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by lcbjr1979
11:30 pm here in MN. 77 degrees and 94% humidity. It feels really nasty and thick out. Just 6 months ago it was
-30. Tomorow its going to be 95 degrees. Its crazy that the temperature can fluctuate 125 degrees in 6 months.

Just something I have been taught the past few months by the locals, whatever the humidity is in the evening, you can expect the temperature to raise to that F the following day. That's what they tell me any way...the few days I watched it, they were correct. Can't say its a science, just what the old timers tell me.....

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by summer5

I have never heard of that before. That is interesting, I will see how that pans out. Could be a fun little research project.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Here is Virginia we have been burning up all week, in the upper 90's and so humid you need gills to breath, then we'll have a day or two of lower 80's breezy and 50 degree nights. It is just weird! I don't recall this happening quite this way before. We've also had some dramatic storms as well. To me this year does seem a bit out of the ordinary. I can't recall a time I ever felt like I was literally melting just by going out side for a few minutes, so hot my kids don't even want to get in the pool...ugh!

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Is it just me or does the heat even feel different? Like you are being blasted right in the face not like the heat is comming down from the sun.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Wow those temps are mad! Its odd as here in the UK we have barley had a summer this year, We had a warm week or so but nothing to crazy, As i sit here on ATS we have heavy rain in London UK, Goodness wish i could send you some of our weather,

The worlds changing thats for sure, But i guess we have to ask is this just the natural progression of the world, We may need to look back a few hundred years and see what the weather was doing back then,

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by automata

Exactly feels like that! I opened the back sliding door which faces the morning sun to let dogs out early morning, around 8am, and the sun hit my face like a blast furnace! It is already around 85 degrees by 8am but it should not feel like a blast furnace hitting my face that early in the day at only 85 degrees. I even hollered it out to the family. It has been doing that tho the last few weeks with the 100 plus degree days.

top topics

join