It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else bothered by the "Girl found eating herself" headline?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I find the idea of eating yourself colorfully ironic.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

OP this sort of defeated the purpose. It should have been posted in the thread IMO.

If you had read my OP, you would have noticed this part:

I am not blaming the member that posted the thread, because we need to know that there are people out there like that do evil things. We also need to know that justice is served on those kind of people.

I think that having the info out there is important. I don't want it hidden. I think it is important that it receives attention.

I seldom am revolted by things to the point that I am sickened by it, this one did it to me. I wondered if I was being overly sensitive.

I guess every ding-dong that has a dream can predict the end of the world in a thread, any manner of goofballs can post their theories about most of our politicians being shape-shifting reptilian aliens and whack jobs can post daily about seeing orbs and show us a pic with dust specks illuminated by a camera flash.......

But I'm way outta line, right?

Have fun with your whack-jobs.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Children in China are executed by their parents because they are born without a penis, this world is almost too sad to bear sometimes, espescially multiped by one million if you are a victim of sociopathic individuals or societys.

Lets hope we can all learn by history.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Maybe you are being over sensitive. I do have to say when I saw the title, I was in two minds, wither or not to read the Article. But at the end of the day if you do not like the Title or the topic of discussion then do not go into that topic make a couple of comments, then come to the Business Forum and state you find the title disturbing or complain about it, makes that member look like a Hypocrite.
edit on 16-7-2011 by AnonymousFem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Well.. now there are two threads with that headline...

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Frankly, quite a few of the thread titles have been annoying. Half of the time, they are so poorly worded, I can't even comprehend what the thread is even about.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Since the thoughts and advice(s) posted by ATS “thought leaders” are subjected to psychological and emotional review, the exposure alone sets an imbalance between people who share opinions versus people consulting these opinions. So thanks for your post as I too questioned the word choice and thought the image it painted to be grotesque.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Um, your reaction is completely normal. I feel the same way. It's easier to look away and pretend ya didn't see it, read it, hear it, if you know what I mean? Sometimes ignorance IS bliss. But then there's real life so we have to deal with it...

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
Perhaps, we should have a 'shock' news flag. If it's red it could mean it's purely shocking, if it's blue it could mean it's fabricated or sensationalized shock.

I'd like to second this motion

couple times I've been lured into a disturbing thread with a misleading title - not the OPs fault, in most cases, they're just copying the article title - but Mods could later flag it as shocking - and I'd love to see some of the obviously shocking titles moved off the new topics page.... there was another one recently discussed - I was particularly disturbed by the title alone - I never read the thread and only visited it briefly when someone brought up the insane numbers of flags it was getting (had to see the flags for myself, I was in denial) - For a good 24 hours straight, if I chose to visit the New Topics area, there it was... reminding me... making me sick - and I still can't imagine why it was deemed appropriate for a conspiracy website...

on THAT particular subject, I'd prefer to maintain the majority of my ignorance, thank you ♥

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Well, picture this instead....her starving to death because eating herself would repulse YOU!!..

Mmmm..an arm..chomp chomp chomp....now a leg...mmmm

Its a sick story but one of millions even worse. Who knows how they choose which one goes into the papers.

You need to liven up, much worse is coming very soon....when we all are fighting over bread and fresh water. A little arm will seem like a feast....mmmmmm

From one butcher to another!!

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars

Perhaps, we should have a 'shock' news flag. If it's red it could mean it's purely shocking, if it's blue it could mean it's fabricated or sensationalized shock.

Yes, this. ATS is FULL of misleading and intentionally inaccurate headlines. Some copied and pasted from the source, some taken wildly ot of context by the ATS poster. But I suspect ATS allows such things because they benefit from the same sensational tactics the rest of the media benefits from. Read my signature.

Anyway, it is clear that as sad as the case was, she was not consuming herself... simply picking at and eating anything she could.

And that might not have been out of hunger, but just a weird habit. I know people who eat their scabs. Are the starving, or just weird?
edit on 17-7-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Forevever
and I still can't imagine why it was deemed appropriate for a conspiracy website...

Because ATS depends upon revenue that comes from page views that generate ad revenue that pay the staff. Just like any new room that favors sensationalism over substance, ATS is sliding towards newscorp tactics.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join