It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI begins inquiry into News Corp (Owner of Fox News) on phone hacking of 9/11 victims

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

NEW YORK (AP) — The FBI has begun a preliminary inquiry based on concerns in Congress over a report that media mogul Rupert Murdoch's News Corp. sought to hack into the phones of Sept. 11 victims, a law enforcement official said Thursday.

The decision to step in was made after U.S. Rep. Peter King and several other members of Congress wrote to FBI Director Robert Mueller demanding an investigation, said the official, who spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the official wasn't authorized to speak publicly.

The official stressed that the review was in its infancy but declined to discuss the scope of it or say what steps had been taken. The FBI routinely makes preliminary inquiries into issues raised by lawmakers and others to determine whether a full-blown investigation is needed. On Friday, U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder confirmed the early stages of an inquiry into the allegations that first surfaced in the U.K.

news.yahoo.com...

If a Republican is even demanding an investigation on this, i can't help but wonder if the same things that were happening in the UK have been happening here.

Murdoch has made many enemies and quite frankly has FAR TOO MUCH POWER in not only US politics...but World politics...pushing his views and biased slant on the rest of the world.

Fox News is not talkign about this at all btw. Here is a video of Fox News anchors daring each other to talk about it to online streamers during a commercial break:

How about this for journalistic integrity!!!

I've heard the expression "10 foot pole" a million times...but "10 foot turban?"

edit on 15-7-2011 by David9176 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I hope this isn't just dropped as most of these cases are. Murdoch has no business being in power for what he has done in the UK and probably here in the US too. He deserves a life sentence like Madoff and I'd love to see his NewsCorp crumble to dust with no way of resuscitating it.

"We relish your foundations burning."

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Conspiracy Now

Fox News won't mention it at all....not a single one of their shows or hosts. They actually joked off camera about "not going there" (there is a clip on youtube somewhere showing it). They have most likely been told not to discuss it....which obviously hurts their credibility even more.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Kudos to the FBI.
However they started on the wrong side
of the aisle. They should have started
with Soros first since he remains the
more dangerous with his NWO.

If they go after Murdoch and then do
nothing to Soros, then they have done
nothing but taken Soros' biggest
obstacle out of his way.

Can the FBI live with knowing they
have progressed the NWO ???

The world is watching !!!

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Well it would make sense that if it was happening other places it happened here also. Have to watch this and see where it goes.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
U know whats funny is i saw this story on msm(dont remember the channel i was at work) and they blended the story into another story of how phone companys were "craming" peoples phone bills with junk charges. Did think twice about it till i saw your thread. Good misdirection on their part.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Moving this to OP.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Oh yeah, that goes without saying. The pawns, rooks, knights, bishops, and queen will do anything to protect their king while stomping on the checkered floor (the people).

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Kudos to the FBI.
However they started on the wrong side
of the aisle. They should have started
with Soros first since he remains the
more dangerous with his NWO.

If they go after Murdoch and then do
nothing to Soros, then they have done
nothing but taken Soros' biggest
obstacle out of his way.

Can the FBI live with knowing they
have progressed the NWO ???

So, News Corp gets caught red-handed hacking into cell phones of 9/11 victims along with thousands of others, Murdock was issued a summons in the UK, not only for the hacking but also for the bribery allegations, and you turn this into a "blame Soros" tirade? I'm sorry but when Soros gets caught red-handed committing this sort of crime THEN you can lump him in with Murdock, meanwhile, let Murdock face his own music.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
So, News Corp gets caught red-handed hacking into cell phones of 9/11 victims along with thousands of others, Murdock was issued a summons in the UK, not only for the hacking but also for the bribery allegations, and you turn this into a "blame Soros" tirade? I'm sorry but when Soros gets caught red-handed committing this sort of crime THEN you can lump him in with Murdock, meanwhile, let Murdock face his own music.

I am NOT a Murdoch fan boy.
I think Murdoch AND Soros are both
evil and both guilty. However, I would prioritize
the strategy to oust the most dangerous
one first. That would be Soros as he
is the one who collapses economies
and world governments.

But my guess is that Soros will be completely
ignored in all of the FBI investigations even after
Murdoch gets prison. Which doesn't make it fair
if you imprison one but not the other. Then the
only thing the FBI is doing is just being the strong
arm for the Soros NWO Agenda.

edit on 7/15/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   

However, I would prioritize
the strategy to oust the most dangerous
one first.

But this isn't a "strategy" to oust Murdock, it's not a strategy to oust anyone - it's about holding Murdock accountable for his News Corp activities, specifically hacking into the cell phone inboxes of 9/11 victims and murder victims. You understand that the NOTW deleted messages from a 13-yr old murder victims phone, leading the police and her parents to believe she was still alive when she was in fact already dead? That News Corp is accused of bribing elected officials? This broke back in 2007 and it's taken 4 years to reach this point. That in itself is scandalous.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

It might be scandalous, which I agree with, but they are those who do have sinister motives when it comes to Murdoch. I am in no way sticking up for news corp or new international. They deserve what ever is coming their way. But there are those who want Murdoch out of the way once and for all.

Kinda hilarious that Fox News will not even mention this. What Planet do they live on.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Sorros will probably be ignored. Murdoch would have been ignored if it hadn't been for the fact his journalists hacked a missing girls phone, giving parents false hope she was still alive. It's those types of stories that capture the public attention. Most people do not understand economics and how Sorros could bring an economy down. The public do however understand the emotive story of hacking the phone of a missing girl.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   

I've heard the expression "10 foot pole" a million times...but "10 foot turban?"

I just did a double take at that one as well. Listened a few times and i think she says "10 foot DURBIN". A ref to the senator perhaps??

I seriously think this scandal is going to get a lot bigger. I wouldn't be suprised if NewsCorp has bene using dodgy tactics internationally.

Makes me wonder who Murdoch pissed off......

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Not a fan of any MSM here but do you guys think that this is nicely timed payback? I know what a short memory the public has, especially since the MSM never covers anything of real value. Don't forget this recent thread where Murdoch's media empire uncovered a possible 8 TRILLION dollar theft in the SEC? The thread is here:

LINK
edit on 15-7-2011 by Redwookieaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
The 10 year anniversary of 9/11 is this year. This story is going to get bigger....much bigger.

Have to say it's quite sad that this is being largely ignored on ATS...but then again, with the hard conservative bent this site is now known for...not really surprising.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Do you still really believe in the left-right paradigm? It is a silly divisive tool. Aren't we all just freedom loving people? Neither side is correct.

Besides, in the end they all say different things, then they all take the same actions.

All the politicians have more in common with one another and their corporate spoonsorship, than they have with any of us.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Redwookieaz

Do you still really believe in the left-right paradigm? It is a silly divisive tool. Aren't we all just freedom loving people? Neither side is correct.

Besides, in the end they all say different things, then they all take the same actions. All the politicians have more in common with one another and their corporate spoonsorship, than they have with any of us.

Do I? I believe in standing up for the middle class and poor, don't care what that puts me ideologically or what people may think I stand, left or right.

If everyone is freedom loving, there would be more interest in something as disgusting has hacking into phones of 9/11 families. Doesn't get much more disgusting than that...especially from a company that has used 9/11 so fervently as Fox News and it's parent company has.

And your last sentence, I agree.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Thanks for the response. I agree that hacking the phones is pretty tasteless. I just thought the timing was interesting. Nobody paid attention to the story about the 8 trillion dollar SEC debacle either.

I just think that the lack of interest in the phone hacking has less to do with a right-wing bias and more to do with people, even here on ATS, being inundated with very big, very bad news.

There just seems to be many very big issues at hand. That means some stories become virtually ignored.

Keep up the good fight

ETA: Perhaps there may be a right wing bias on second thought. However, I think that it is only natural when you have a gigantic, insolvent government running wild. It isn't that these people support right-wing politicians (at least the smart ones), or don't want to be on the side of the middle class (most of 'em's own side), but they see all this unneeded intrusion in their lives and their eroding rights, and are scared to death.
edit on 16-7-2011 by Redwookieaz because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join