It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon perception manager knows how to manipulate search engine algorithm

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
The manipulation of the internet is already underway. Wonder how many people From Google, MSN and other internet based companys helped to make this a possibility?

From what people believe about 911 to anything else, this man's job is about manipulating what people believe after reading and or seeing it on the internet. Dangerous...Very dangerous.

The Pentagon announced today that the internet is an active “Operational Domain” for the military. In fact the internet was already targeted by the Pentagon in its 2003 Information Operations Roadmap that outlined a strategy to “fight the net” as if it were an enemy weapons system. The strategy as outlined for the public involves protecting “national security” and sensitive government networks from hack attacks.

Information warfare is the front line of battle in the 21st Century, a fact that the Pentagon is clearly aware of.

John Rendon - Pentagon's "Perception Manager".

Rendon stated during the interview, “It begins with getting inside the algorithm. If you could find a way to load your content up so that only your content gets pulled by the stalking algorithm, then you’d have a better chance of shaping belief sets.”

Source
edit on 7/14/2011 by Humint1 because: add some text I fogot to include

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I know this sucks, and I know this POV doesn't help one bit; but did anyone REALLY expect any better??

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by posthuman

No but confirmation of such is hard to argue against & ignore by the skeptics any longer.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
For sometime i have thought searcheds on google are more searches through "the world according to google" and thus try to use it very little for real world events.

With so much talk of preventing people's free usage online, and cyber terrorism, info like the above article coming out and of course all of the Annon based talk going on at the moment....

Who's pulling strings here... are there alot fo dreaded disinfo agents on this site and similar...
how have they shaped the views of the users here?

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by GonzoSinister
For sometime i have thought searcheds on google are more searches through "the world according to google" and thus try to use it very little for real world events.

With so much talk of preventing people's free usage online, and cyber terrorism, info like the above article coming out and of course all of the Annon based talk going on at the moment....

Who's pulling strings here... are there alot fo dreaded disinfo agents on this site and similar...
how have they shaped the views of the users here?

My thoughts exactly, I just wonder if and how many there are on here?

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by GonzoSinister

One way to catch on to the agents is to first assign a priority of your own to threads that would seem to be important to those that would not want the bare truth of that issue revealed and discussed.

Then, you wait for the naysayers, the debunkers and especially those that attempt to derail the thread into a slug fest or via somoe other tactic. You also rate them according to your own scale. I would say that a scale of one-to-five for both areas would suffice. However, a one-to-ten scale would allow more leaway for errors and would probably generally average out better in the long run.

Tracking the avatar names would be important too even if they come and go and have multiples. A real sophisticated analysis of posting contents would note length, letter/word count, grammar, word useage sentence structure and style of form/approach/attitude. this could pinpoint those using different avatars.

So, just for the fun of it, you could have two scales and a check list for the other factors. Actually, it could be merely a training aid. Once you got the hang of tearing a posting or even thread apart, you would have no need for a specific check sheet to complete. You would instinctively learn who was suspect.

Barring a sophisticated software program, that would be about the best we could do with a "sticky pad" off to the side of the screen.

new topics

top topics

join