It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Short, Sweet and to the Point...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by MessOnTheFED!
apparently you are the one who doesn't get it. Wishing aids or cancer to go away is akin to wishing the sun wouldnt rise. Common sense tells me that you need to get your butt off of your shoulders.

MOTF!

still didn't answer my question and when on your rant .....

to bad .. i thought you had a point for a second there

take care

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

I thought i addressed your question. Really what can anyone do about aids or cancer? That has nothing to do with telling someone what they can or cant do.

MOTF!

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

reply to post by seedofchucky

I thought i addressed your question. Really what can anyone do about aids or cancer? That has nothing to do with telling someone what they can or cant do.

MOTF!

whoooooosh did you see it fly over your head??

yea there it goes the point...

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Don't like your rights taken away? Don't take away someone else's.

Well unfortunately this is as effective as shouting "don`t rape me" to a rapist...

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Wow. Ive never been labeled before. Thanks! I see your not very happy unless people around you are as miserable as you are.

Where did I label you ?

''Libertarian extremist'' is just a category of people who take the libertarian ideology to the extreme. I have no idea where you are one of these, but your points do appear to fall into that bracket of thinking.

I'm not miserable, by the way.

If you choose to drink and drive and wind up hurting someone in the process how is that not hurting someone?

If you choose to drink and drive and don't end up hurting someone in the process, then how is that hurting someone ?

This is an example of the glaring inconsistency of these libertarian positions.

The exact argument that someone might hurt someone while driving under the influence is the argument which is ignored when they attempt to justify firearm ownership, drug-taking or public cigarette smoking.

Unlike you i dont think its a human right to tell another human what to do. You are no better than anyone else on this planet. The elites only have blinders on the world to make us think they are though.

Every law involves humans telling other humans what to do. Oh, and I am better than loads of other people on the planet, actually.

If you "wanted to cause large scale destruction"..... Really? Somehow that doesn't fall under hurting someone?

The action would constitute hurting someone, not the fact that I was messing around with dangerous chemicals.

''Chemical and biological weapons don't kill people, people do''.

The argument that people should be allowed to do anything as long it doesn't harm other people, must include the ''right'' for anyone to play around with hazardous chemicals, as banning them would be a ''pre-crime'' assumption of what their intent was.

How is common sense rediculus? Because people lack it these days or because the people that do have it are forced to repress it?

It's ridiculous to advocate all these ''personal freedoms'', and just hope that ''common sense'' will iron out all the practical difficulties of an extreme libertarian reality.

It's even more ridiculous to invoke ''common sense'' when it's a morally neutral, objectively indefinable and subjective commodity.

If some sicko likes to torture animals, then it's ''common sense'' for him to do so when there is no resulting punishment for his actions. It's ''common sense'' for someone to light up their cigarette in a crowded public place when he feels like a smoke.

I sorry you feel that society has to be ruled to be productive. Im sorry you bought into that lie.

Society has to be ruled to work. It's the unfortunate truth. Human society isn't full of rainbows and fluffy-bunnies, so I don't bother indulging thoughts of fantasy, perfect-world ideologies like anarchism and extreme libertarianism, because I have no wish of fooling myself into believing in a deluded, self-created reality.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
We do have LAWS here. It's based on the Common Law, and is basically the "do unto others" thing that some whacko named Jesus said a long time ago. The only real Laws are basically ones where one person caused another hurt or loss, i.e. Murder, Rape, Robbery, Arson, Fraud.

Everything else are merely Corporate STATUTES, not LAWS, and you do not have to let them apply to you. Ever wonder why there are two words, unlawful and illegal? Don't they mean the same thing? NO THEY DON"T.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join