It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think God is crazy

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Totally agree with you op, This planets god puts the kings of the earth in charge, which they have created animosity and wars throughout history. Then if this is not enough, he has them do his bidding and fullfill "Revelations."

"And he changeth the times and the seasons; He removeth

kings, and setteth up kings; he giveth wisdom unto the wise,

and knowledge to them that know understanding. He revealeth

the deep and secret things; he knoweth what is in the darkness,

and the light dwelleth with him." ( Dn 2: 20-22 )

I mean "REALLY," GOD puts the people under oppresive governments, indoctrinates them to his will, and when they get to out of control, he breaks the "Seals' on their arses.

Sounds like something "Charles Mansion' might do

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
why do people equate religions/religous books as god?

if there was a satan wouldnt it wear white robes.heal the sick.turn bread into fish, and generaly try and trick humans with deception? i mean really who but a black tshirt wearing 14 year old heavy metal fan is gonna go for the whole giant horned beast with a pitchfork schtick?

some favorite quotes on the subject.

a moral man does whats right no matter what hes told. a religous man does what hes told no matter whats right.

dont call me an atheist how can i not believe in something that doesnt exist in the first place?

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by citizen3273676
why do people equate religions/religous books as god?

if there was a satan wouldnt it wear white robes.heal the sick.turn bread into fish, and generaly try and trick humans with deception? i mean really who but a black tshirt wearing 14 year old heavy metal fan is gonna go for the whole giant horned beast with a pitchfork schtick?

some favorite quotes on the subject.

a moral man does whats right no matter what hes told. a religous man does what hes told no matter whats right.

dont call me an atheist how can i not believe in something that doesnt exist in the first place?

You're absolutely right. It is more than ignorant to assume that God is confined to any particular religion or any religion at all. They're probably all right. No one really uderstands God. I do, but getting people to believe that someone other than themselves knows the truth is next to impossible.

And more ignorantly, if its not revealed in their book then its wrong. If you are Christian, you're wrong. If you are Muslim, you're wrong. So who's right? Everyone. But who can define God without the use of a long drawn out book that's hard to read? Me.

People deny truth because it doesn't resonate with false beliefs. I deny ignorance because false beliefs don't resonate with me. The ultimate truth about God and reality is in my signature. If you deny this truth then you are the ignorant ones I am referring to.
edit on 12-7-2011 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
If infinity were something it would be finite, therefore infinity is nothing. Whatever you say about infinity, you can say about nothing.

Infinity itself is not "something" or "nothing". It is a measurement, a "quantity without bound or end. You can say "God has lived an infinite amount of time" or "God's love is infinite" because you're defining a measure, but you cannot say "infinity is God" because it's nonsensical. It's like saying "3000 pounds is my car". Your car may weigh 3000 pounds, but you can't assign that weight as the identity of your car (that 3000 pounds is your car) because it's a unit of measure.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Satan would (and will) try to set himself up as God through deception, and you're quite right that he isn't a horned beast with a pitchfork, that image is part of his misinformation campaign. In fact he masquerades as an angel of light and is said to have been the most beautiful angel of all. However, if you're trying to imply that Jesus as described in the Bible is in fact Satan, it's clear that if you read the NT this isn't the case. In fact some accused Jesus of exactly that and his response explains why this would be impossible:

And the scribes which came down from Jerusalem said, He hath Beelzebub, and by the prince of the devils casteth he out devils.

And he called them unto him, and said unto them in parables, How can Satan cast out Satan?

And if a kingdom be divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand.

And if a house be divided against itself, that house cannot stand.

And if Satan rise up against himself, and be divided, he cannot stand, but hath an end.

Many people long believed that the sun revolved around the earth. The argued until they were blue in the face. They knew they were right, but in fact they never were. Your belief that God doesn't exist is not "evidence" either for or against God, it's just your belief. You may be right or you may be wrong, but your belief is most definitely not proof of anything, especially that He didn't "exist in the first place".

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Many people long believed that the sun revolved around the earth. The argued until they were blue in the face. They knew they were right, but in fact they never were. Your belief that God doesn't exist is not "evidence" either for or against God, it's just your belief. You may be right or you may be wrong, but your belief is most definitely not proof of anything, especially that He didn't "exist in the first place".
for the record i just said that was one of my favorite qoutes not weather i beleve in "god" . i am saying i dont beleive in religions.

heres another favorite quote on the subject,

since all major reigions state that if you dont follow their religion you are going to hell and since you cant follow more than one religion at a time, its safe to say we are all going to hell.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
You can't be crazy if you don't exist......
edit on 12-7-2011 by itsatrap because: hit quote instead of reply

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
God came down and lived amongst us for a breif stint as Andy Kaufman. He's never been the same since.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
If you think God is crazy...wait till you meet some of his followers

Originally posted by DINSTAAR
-God killed everyone and every animal..... all but two of each and Noah and his family. He created the world and then pressed the restart button when no one followed his arbitrary rules.

That to me simply proved the being makes mistakes...fine, you build something, its wonky, you spend time trying to correct it, it isn't helping, so you tear it down and restart.
As a fallable person, I can understand that...but only as an attribute of another fallable person, certainly not a perfect deity.

-He created a situation in which man sinned. Why did he create the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil if he intended no one to eat from it? What's more.... why did he create this rule knowing full well it would be broken? It doesn't make sense that a loving God would set such boundaries while giving the "because I said so" excuse. It sounds like the "Because I want to f*** with you".

Perhaps (warning..total speculation here!) it was placed there for when -they- decided to go against the commands of god...sort of like, when they are ready, they will rise up and eat of the fruit.
What threw a wrench into the works is the serpent pushing it ahead of schedule, which broke the initial experiment (gotta stop thinking of a infallable deity, and more like a scientist setting up experiments, and a helper that gummed up the works because he grew too affectionate to the labrats..then it takes form)

- Job. The book of Job is crazy nuts. In order to prove to Satan that Job loves him, he allows terrible things to happen to Job and his family. Seems petty.

Another test. Try all carrot, note response...remove carrot, try all stick, note differences.
either its a petty deity, or a simple scientist

- Incest..... so much incest. The Bible is riddled with it.

Meh, incest happens...current moral taboo's doesn't make it inherently evil or anything...there are genetic pros and cons for incest overall.

- Apparently, it is righteous to offer the rape of innocent women in favor of men. Sodom and Gomorrah.... Lot offers the angry mob his virgin daughters rather than the men who happen to be angels. If I was one of those angels, I would have b****slapped Lot right there

Its my understanding that angels don't give a toss about the experiment going on...they are basically just the interns that go around doing their job without much care for the goings on in the lab itself..
There was one guy whom had a different opinion, and he was promoted (or fired...the debate rages on about lucifers current role) to make alternate testing and counter testing.

- Genocide seems to be all the rage. The Hebrews are sent by God to exterminate all kinds of people. 1 Samuel 27.

Again, a science experiment...remove and add things over time that will upset a current balance...test for greater reaction

- Infanticide in Eqypt. The fact that eyebrows rarely get raised on this one is astounding. The innocent first born are killed when Pharaoh didn't let the Hebrew's free. Couldn't God have avoided this by simply freeing the Hebrew's with a nod of the head.

Unless he was going for a sociological experiment...showing he doesn't actually care about the emotional state of the experiment

- I recall a bunch of kids getting killed by bears..... I might be wrong though.

You just gave Steven Colbert the jitters

- Moses basically systematically kills all the men and nonvirgin women of a tribe of people and the virgins are spared to be raped by his army. I'm looking this one up. It is seriously mess up. Numbers 31.1-18

In my opinion...moses was a bit...touched...in the head.
Sort of like the Jim Jones of the day. Could be wrong, but if you look at his whole career...he seems a bit off his rocker half the time..we can only speculate given what we know about mental disorders today and how they apply to people in the past.

One could speculate:
The experiment went on...it was brutal...it tested all sorts of senarios with the two scientists.
Finally, as a interesting experiment, one of them decided to go into the VR and experience it..the first one was known (for giggles) as lucifer. After a few lives, he grew attached to the little labrats and so tried to improve the situation..knowledge, break out of the clutches of the cage, etc.

Eventually, Lord god (head scientist) jumped down into one also...however, always the scientist, he gave a message to reign back in the mice and continue on with the experiment..and reject the freedom from his will message sent by the messenger.
They both popped back out and watched the outcome..

Would make a decent fantasy book anyhow.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by DINSTAAR

Not only is God crazy but if the Bible is taken literally God is possibly the most evil being ever conceived. I was raised a fundamentalist and taught that Hell was a real place of fire and torment where all those who didn't accept Christ would go after they died. And yet they try to tell people that not only is God the GOOD guy but he's the BEST GUY.

I swear these people (fundamentalists) have steel testicles telling anyone this kind of stuff. I mean imagine that, the most holy being in all the Universe plans on burning and torturing people for eternity. He's the most holy being but he wants people burned and tortured? Apologists will say that it is you and I who damn ourselves - that not only doesn't make sense but it's also not supported by scripture.

Anyway congrats on discovering the barbarism and insanity of the Biblical God and for finding a way out of Christianity. We need more biblical literacy, the more Christians that read the entirety of the Bible the fewer Christians there will be.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by SavedOne

Originally posted by smithjustinb
If infinity were something it would be finite, therefore infinity is nothing. Whatever you say about infinity, you can say about nothing.

Infinity itself is not "something" or "nothing". It is a measurement, a "quantity without bound or end. You can say "God has lived an infinite amount of time" or "God's love is infinite" because you're defining a measure, but you cannot say "infinity is God" because it's nonsensical. It's like saying "3000 pounds is my car". Your car may weigh 3000 pounds, but you can't assign that weight as the identity of your car (that 3000 pounds is your car) because it's a unit of measure.

Infinity is immeasurable. The only quantity without bound or end is nothingness.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptChaos
What you think of as "God" is not God at all. It is the Demiurge. It thinks it is god. It is insane.

Thats a really interesting concept actually. I am going to have to dig into that a bit...if only for a good short story concept..
Thanks for that input...fascinating angle on it. lab rats in a mad scientists house.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I was brought up in a catholic household that changed very quickly. ....

If God was as perfect, loving etc as the bible`s suggest. Why has it`s interpretation caused ALL the wars, bloodshed and doom?
Because it was written by man, to control man. Plain and simple. The concept of God may exist. But everything else is biased to man. And that, my friend, is as scary as ...hell. haha.

We simplified it. Don't do bad s hit and when you die, you get rewarded. Do bad s hit, when you die, you are punished.

If you, (in general) have a problem in your mind, with deciphering bad from good, then I feel sorry for you.

To blind faith follow and devote your life (which is supposed to be a gift to live) to GOD, doesn't make much sense to me.

Sure it can get all convoluted etc. But then I'm no longer living the gift. I'm pondering it. And that doesn't make sense either.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

The word "rage" seems patronizing.

@tons of you

I feel the need to quote my OP in order to demonstrate that many responses are not even relevant to my post.

This has led me to think that the being written about in the Bible is crazy. I think God is crazy.

Though many fun arguments about the existence or nonexistence are brought up, I am clearly talking about the god of the Bible.

reply to post by Titen-Sxull

Not only is God crazy but if the Bible is taken literally God is possibly the most evil being ever conceived.

God is Cthulhu.

Off topic....
The idea of God itself makes no sense to me. If we cannot, by definition, describe God then how can acknowledge the existence of one. We cannot see the effects of God, but merely effects we cannot explain. If anything like God exists, how can we even call it God? Why do we personify this being? Maybe what we perceive as "God" is the natural state of everything. God is a convenient way to lump the whole of knowable information, into a kindergarten-friendly three letter word.

It seems to me that God is the process.... the strings maybe. Why worship a process? The sun rises and falls every day, and me worshiping it, would not effect its course in our sky.

Little scatter brained today. Sorry for that.

Oh.... btw. I have taken multiple courses in Theology as I went to a church affiliated university and it was required.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

- Job. The book of Job is crazy nuts. In order to prove to Satan that Job loves him, he allows terrible things to happen to Job and his family. Seems petty.

That is the dark lord of the old testament not god, the bible it's self contains many gods but because of the translation and coruption of the texts it would appear that there is only one.

God is not a criminal, god takes it's hand of you when you go wrong, that is about it, it let's you be without guidance, so you would be lost. We are suppose to show moderation in our actions, in everything we do.

Don't confuse the lord of the old testament with the supreme (god).

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Mental Illness explains god very well
or if you like a children's fantasy tail...........

great leader with powers to do magical things.

The End

........... and they all lived happily ever after.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Yea i have bin having many conflicts with god myself
i believe the bible was put together by man to have some type of spiritual control over people. I also believe the catholic church has kept out chapters or parables out that possibly might make the bible make more sense than what we are reading, but conflict the whole church ideology if they were published.

I personally feel like Buddhism is pretty peaceful,nice,hopeful.

I believe us a people will be more enlightened soon to understand what is fact and fiction and who to trust

I was also raised in Christianity and grew away from it because it contradicted itself and i felt "if" god was really loving why so much violence,hate? (kinda sounds like man to me) good post though my main goal is to not be SHEEPLE TO RELIGION OR CORRUPT GOVERNMENT. ASK QUESTIONS!!!

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
If you think God is crazy...wait till you meet some of his followers

Originally posted by DINSTAAR
-God killed everyone and every animal..... all but two of each and Noah and his family. He created the world and then pressed the restart button when no one followed his arbitrary rules.

That to me simply proved the being makes mistakes...fine, you build something, its wonky, you spend time trying to correct it, it isn't helping, so you tear it down and restart.
As a fallable person, I can understand that...but only as an attribute of another fallable person, certainly not a perfect deity.

-He created a situation in which man sinned. Why did he create the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil if he intended no one to eat from it? What's more.... why did he create this rule knowing full well it would be broken? It doesn't make sense that a loving God would set such boundaries while giving the "because I said so" excuse. It sounds like the "Because I want to f*** with you".

Perhaps (warning..total speculation here!) it was placed there for when -they- decided to go against the commands of god...sort of like, when they are ready, they will rise up and eat of the fruit.
What threw a wrench into the works is the serpent pushing it ahead of schedule, which broke the initial experiment (gotta stop thinking of a infallable deity, and more like a scientist setting up experiments, and a helper that gummed up the works because he grew too affectionate to the labrats..then it takes form)

Another test. Try all carrot, note response...remove carrot, try all stick, note differences.
either its a petty deity, or a simple scientist

- Incest..... so much incest. The Bible is riddled with it.

Meh, incest happens...current moral taboo's doesn't make it inherently evil or anything...there are genetic pros and cons for incest overall.

- Apparently, it is righteous to offer the rape of innocent women in favor of men. Sodom and Gomorrah.... Lot offers the angry mob his virgin daughters rather than the men who happen to be angels. If I was one of those angels, I would have b****slapped Lot right there

Its my understanding that angels don't give a toss about the experiment going on...they are basically just the interns that go around doing their job without much care for the goings on in the lab itself..
There was one guy whom had a different opinion, and he was promoted (or fired...the debate rages on about lucifers current role) to make alternate testing and counter testing.

- Genocide seems to be all the rage. The Hebrews are sent by God to exterminate all kinds of people. 1 Samuel 27.

Again, a science experiment...remove and add things over time that will upset a current balance...test for greater reaction

- Infanticide in Eqypt. The fact that eyebrows rarely get raised on this one is astounding. The innocent first born are killed when Pharaoh didn't let the Hebrew's free. Couldn't God have avoided this by simply freeing the Hebrew's with a nod of the head.

Unless he was going for a sociological experiment...showing he doesn't actually care about the emotional state of the experiment

- I recall a bunch of kids getting killed by bears..... I might be wrong though.

You just gave Steven Colbert the jitters

- Moses basically systematically kills all the men and nonvirgin women of a tribe of people and the virgins are spared to be raped by his army. I'm looking this one up. It is seriously mess up. Numbers 31.1-18

In my opinion...moses was a bit...touched...in the head.
Sort of like the Jim Jones of the day. Could be wrong, but if you look at his whole career...he seems a bit off his rocker half the time..we can only speculate given what we know about mental disorders today and how they apply to people in the past.

One could speculate:
The experiment went on...it was brutal...it tested all sorts of senarios with the two scientists.
Finally, as a interesting experiment, one of them decided to go into the VR and experience it..the first one was known (for giggles) as lucifer. After a few lives, he grew attached to the little labrats and so tried to improve the situation..knowledge, break out of the clutches of the cage, etc.

Eventually, Lord god (head scientist) jumped down into one also...however, always the scientist, he gave a message to reign back in the mice and continue on with the experiment..and reject the freedom from his will message sent by the messenger.
They both popped back out and watched the outcome..

Would make a decent fantasy book anyhow.
VERY TRUE LOL

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

I grew up much the same as you, and I couldn't agree more.

If god exists, he's not somebody I would ever want to surrender my soul to, or teach others they must do the same.

The book of Job is what set me off. god and satan in cahoots, having a contest to see how much they can put Job through before he caves and blasphemes god. Burnt up his family, his livestock, his home, his servants, afflicted him with terrible sores etc. BUT it was all ok in the end because Job passed the 'test' and so god rewarded him with even better wife, house, servants, livestock, etc.

Utter terribleness.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

We are just bacteria in the eyes of god, were not that significant as in very big creatures, but god cares about all it's creation from the smallest to the biggest. Using the bible is using the "Lord" of the old testament to associate it with god. I don't think you are doing a very good job. The bible is full of gods, lords among also the supreme creator of everything that does apear in the bible as a notion, but only one is the supreme, I don't think god kills people, as this force is too pure to do such a thing, it is not related to materialism.

edit on 28-7-2011 by pepsi78 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join