It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Preparing For Alien Flyby?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

I know the girl/dream he is referencing. On this page it is A Most Scary Vision By A Little Girl
edit on 10-7-2011 by AlexKintner because: word change

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I don't think 'space junk' as defined by NASA has ever had anything to do with dots seen in space shuttle videos.

That's because the 'space junk' is moving at such high speeds during shuttle fly-pasts -- 1000's, even 10s of thousands of ft/sec -- and are usually so small -- centimeters to a few meters -- they wouldn't even register on eyeballs and cameras.

The slow-moving 'stuff' seen in the notorious videos is sometimes real spacecraft components -- braces, thermal blanket shreds, clips, a workman's candy wrapper, whatever -- but most often is ice from either the main engines and ET fuel connectors [soon after launch] or from any of more than 100 sets of valves that either deliberately or occasionally accidentally leak fluids -- usually water, sometimes hydrazine -- which 'flash freezes' in space due to evaporation, and can last for hours or days in the cold and vacuum..

"Space junk" has been carelessly used on these threads, by me included, to also refer to stuff coming off the shuttle itself. While perhaps technically 'correct', these sorts of objects are short lived, rarely tracked by ground radar, and because of low relative speeds pose no danger to the shuttle. And the misuse of the term has confused the conversations of lots of posters -- me included.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by guessing
What if the space junk is so blatantly an alien spacecraft. How do you think they will be able to cover that up when so many people are watching.

Good point. Maybe it's a way to break to the ice. The government doesn't appear to want to do it and the only other group that could produce such evidence would be NASA. I'm with you, I kinda want something very weird to flyby as well. Just to see how people will react to it.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Well i quess i will be out with my telescope and look around the ISS when it pass over
Here what i use to find out where it is and when

www.heavens-above.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
No matter what these things turn out to be or not be, I think it's important for as many people as possible to watch the video feed and even visually observe/record every visible ISS pass. Whenever it's REALLY important, the more eyeballs on it, the better.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trillium
Well i quess i will be out with my telescope and look around the ISS when it pass over
Here what i use to find out where it is and when

www.heavens-above.com...

Thanks for the share. Me and the girls took an hour drive today to go telescope shopping, sadly the service wasn't that good so we left empty handed. What kind of scope are you using?

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
NASA The Cosmic Litterbugs...

They get glee out of bombing the moon looking for water that the Pentagon (and us) already knew was there, the bomb a comet and get a secondary explosion that they have no idea why that happened so need to send another craft back to see. They have plutonium laden spacecraft that when done, they just plow into some planet (like Galileo into Jupiter)

They have debris strewn all over the moon from deliberately crashing old probes, they have junk scattered all over Mars and anything else they can hit

Cosmic Litterbugs...

NASA= Never A Straight Answer...

Robert Bigelow says NASA = No Access to Space for Americans... he was forced to launch his space station from Russia

Rule Number 1 Don't trust anything NASA says

As to "Space Debris" ....

NASA says... "ISS Flyby"

Zorgon says: NASA= Need Another Space Agency

edit on 11-7-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Most likely another "possible scenerio" being set up. Like the rest of our sold-out government, they've provided enough "leaks " over the years to get the world convinced that aliens are here. Posters are now flooding ATS boards with the suggestions that aliens must have been important in our ancient civilisations......and this can only be "suggested" once people are FIRM believers in aliens.

As the near universal consensus is that there is more than enough evidence that the New World Order is in high gear, does nobody stop to ponder why our government and the TPTB want people to believe that alien life is visiting our planet?

Project Bluebeam scenarios explain why these types of stories are being released.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrFakeI think OP has a point. He's saying that if NASA makes us believe it's space junk, we won't even question it to begin with.

While I'm sure they would do that given the opportunity, how exactly would they know in advance that UFOs will be buzzing the space walk? Forget the supposed sighting, I'd be more interested in where and how they got that foreknowledge. That would be much more useful...

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Observer99
While I'm sure they would do that given the opportunity, how exactly would they know in advance that UFOs will be buzzing the space walk? Forget the supposed sighting, I'd be more interested in where and how they got that foreknowledge. That would be much more useful...

They got a memo from the NAVY space fleet

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Hillbilly123069

That is really weird that this little girl has a dream about the shuttle being forced to the Earth and now NASA releases an article about a possilbe problem with space junk. What I don't understand is there is alot of space junk out. Why is NASA bringing this up now? I don't remember NASA putting articles out alot in the past with each shuttle mission.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
NASA now believes the 'potential conjunction' is unlikely and have lowered concern over it. This is a normal progression as tracking gets better and the predicted time of close approach gets closer.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Observer99

Originally posted by MrFakeI think OP has a point. He's saying that if NASA makes us believe it's space junk, we won't even question it to begin with.

Is it possible that aliens beings might have told NASA that they will make an appearance? And they should prepare the world to see something which we might find strange?

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
reply to post by RealTruthSeeker

No. It is not.

Wow, could imagine the value of a contract to clean that up? Quite surprised none of the commercial "to orbit" companies have looked into it.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I realize that there is a junkyard orbiting the planet- but I thought that NASA maps this stuff pretty carefully so I am surprised that they scheduled a space walk, especially this last one of the Shuttle era, during a time with possible space junk interference. I realize that it could be junk which has changed orbit dynamics due to recent collision with other junk, but it still seems a little odd to me.

I will be interested to see what, if anything, develops.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealTruthSeeker
NASA has put out a story claiming that Atlantis and the ISS could be hit by space junk...

It is reported that this debris is part of the 1970 Cosmos 375 rocket.
Looking at tracking websites, there are a whole bunch of bits of this...

Name NORAD ID Int'l Code Launch date (YYYY-MM-DD) Status Action
COSMOS 375 DEB 4727 1970-091Y 1970-10-30 IN ORBIT Track it
COSMOS 375 DEB 19949 1970-091AX 1970-10-30 IN ORBIT Track it
COSMOS 375 DEB 4634 1970-091L 1970-10-30 IN ORBIT Track it
COSMOS 375 DEB 4724 1970-091V 1970-10-30 IN ORBIT Track it
COSMOS 375 DEB 4629 1970-091J 1970-10-30 IN ORBIT Track it
COSMOS 375 DEB 4723 1970-091U 1970-10-30 IN ORBIT Track it
COSMOS 375 DEB 18866 1970-091AV 1970-10-30 IN ORBIT Track it
COSMOS 375 DEB 4628 1970-091H 1970-10-30 IN ORBIT Track it
COSMOS 375 DEB 4712 1970-091T 1970-10-30 IN ORBIT Track it
COSMOS 375 DEB 4942 1970-091AK 1970-10-30 IN ORBIT Track it
COSMOS 375 4598 1970-091A 1970-10-30 IN ORBIT Track it
COSMOS 375 DEB 4665 1970-091S 1970-10-30 IN ORBIT Track it
COSMOS 375 DEB 4941 1970-091AJ 1970-10-30 IN ORBIT Track it
COSMOS 375 DEB 4664 1970-091R 1970-10-30 IN ORBIT Track it
COSMOS 375 DEB 4728 1970-091Z 1970-10-30 IN ORBIT Track it
COSMOS 375 DEB 19960 1970-091AY 1970-10-30 IN ORBIT Track it
COSMOS 375 DEB 4635 1970-091M 1970-10-30 IN ORBIT Track it

N2YO

Click on any of the "track it" links to show a real time map of the object's position.
If somebody wishes to do so, during the danger period for the ISS they could click on each one in turn to see which one is the danger object (that will at this time be in the same place as the ISS).

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Why has not NASA designed an umanned robot spacecraft that is designed to collect the debris and plunge to earth burning it up into the atmosphere or better still send it packing into the Sun. We need an Extra Environmental Law (EEL) perhaps a UN Mandate that places a responsibility on World Governments to clean up after itself in Space. The only things left behind allowed would be plaques on the Moon and memorial tributes. That sort of thing.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by RealTruthSeeker

I had the same thoughts when I saw the segment on CNN.
Funny how I think these days after spending time you guys

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Hillbilly123069

Off topic for this thread but I heard a phrophacy about this last mission too, failing when they return to earth due to a meteor. The person was not a child. hmmm

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by AlexKintner

Little Alex Kintner, how was it inside that big bad shark?
That link is for a Christian based Nibiru believing site. Well it wont be long now if there is any truth to it. Although NASA did say space junk and not meteors.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join