It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satan's Music?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Well, this thread is already pretty much dead and it IS titled "Satan's Music"... so here 'ya go:

Black Metal used to fascinate me when I was a couple years younger. I used to be genuinely scared of these guys and actually thought they were seriously #ed in the head. It really isn't the case, though. Black Metal can get pretty laughable but its still probably my favorite genre of music.
edit on 7/11/2011 by BirdOfillOmen because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/11/2011 by BirdOfillOmen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by BirdOfillOmen

How about Opeth, you like that? It never seizes to amaze me, how talented they are.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by dadgad

I like Opeth but probably not as much as a lot of metal fans do. Stuff like "The Baying of the Hounds" is amazing, though.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
The industry & vigilant citizen cover this sort of thing , they do make interesting cases
on an issue that has been rumored to be going on a long time in media,,,,
theindustryexposed.com...
vigilantcitizen.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Has anyone ever back-masked a Christian song? Or perhaps an Amy Grant song, for example? If they do that, and none of them have these supposed references to Satanism in any of them, THEN I will believe Led Zep was trying to brainwash a generation of teens.

Otherwise, you simply cannot call it proof if you don't use a control for the "experiment".

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by BirdOfillOmen
reply to post by dadgad

I like Opeth but probably not as much as a lot of metal fans do. Stuff like "The Baying of the Hounds" is amazing, though.

Ah, that is with the new guitarist right? Its a different sound. Not bad. But I miss the Blackwater Park feeling.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by dadgad

I think its from one of their older albums. I also don't like the newer sound. Its alright but I wouldn't really consider it metal.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerLou

wonder what they would think about this?

and to the 2nd poster: I freakin love mercyful fate and king diamond! Never thought I'd see that on this site.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Wrong forum. Admin please move to whatever forum deals with Satan.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

yes you're right, its from older albums. I just listened to it. Definitely the original sound.

Do you know 16 horsepower? This is a Christian band. But they make the most incredible music. The guy behind the sound is Dave Eugene Edwards, a most eccentric man. He feels that Gods music should sound much darker then the stuff they play in the churches.

edit on 11-7-2011 by dadgad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by Casaline

For being the biggest music conglomerate in the world there is absolutely no information on Zodiac Productions other than this video. I was even able to find information on a New Zealand record label named Zodiac that hasn't existed since the 60s.

To explain why no one recognized this mammoth media conglom, Todd said Zodiac was supposedly forced to change its name because of the negative publicity he brought to it. He did not divulge the new name.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by dadgad

yes you're right, its from older albums. I just listened to it. Definitely the original sound.

Do you know 16 horsepower? This is a Christian band. But they make the most incredible music. The guy behind the sound is Dave Eugene Edwards, a most eccentric man. He feels that Gods music should sound much darker then the stuff they play in the churches.

How is it that most christian music is so bad that it sounds like the devil made it to torture those of us with actual discerning taste.

Don't get me wrong I love southern black gospel choirs and gregorian chant stuff. but for the mercy of god please dear god stop this christian rock pop crap. its insidious.
edit on 06/28/2011 by IKTOMI because: yeh

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

I once worked for a small Christian radio station while in High School...loads of fun I assure you listening to Peter Popoff and the often good for a laugh Benny Hinn.

About this time, we as Teens into rock and roll (I once played Swing Low by Eric Clapton on a dare in one of my live shows) discovered backwards masking and it is very real as far as the artist or at least someone behind the scenes mixing whatever message they wanted to say usually just something to get a little more out of an albums sales. Of course with hundreds of records within my reach (the station at one time was the first rock station in town...lots of 45's which I now kick my self for not keeping) I begin to peruse many and discovered a lot of junk in records that noone else may have heard before but also discovered that christian artist also used the practice !

A band called Petra...a progressive christian rock band which is actually pretty good stuff used it one of their songs. The song was called Judas's Kiss and was pretty heavy but had a backward phrase in it...."What are you looking for the devil for when you ought to be looking for the Lord" I loved it and we had a blast pointing out that everyone used it and it wasn't Satanic but fun to try and discover them.

Petra also used the record to defuse the backmasking controversy, which had begun to spread into Christian music, as conservative church leaders accused Christian artists of hiding subliminal messages that could only be heard when records were played in reverse. Inserting a blatant piece of backmasking in the break between the title track and hard rocker "Judas' Kiss," the band's message was less than subtle. Played in reverse, the backmasked portion stated: "What are you looking for the devil for when you oughta be looking for the Lord?" It was not the first — nor would it be the last — time Petra weighed in against critics of contemporary Christian music.[12]

en.wikipedia.org...(band)

Looking Back I now see someone already beat me too it....
edit on 7/11/2011 by DJMSN because: Update

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

I can't beleive jesus-is-savior.com forgot to mention Lady Ga Ga? We all know here on ATS she is evil,

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

Do you remember that stupid Adam Sandler movie, Little Nicky? Where the metalfreaks thought that Zepplin and their favorite bands were the devil's own handmaidens and it turns out that the real servants were Chicago? I wish I could find that clip, it was hilarious and one of the best scenes in the movie. Chicago had all kinds of nasty backmasking (I know it really wasn't them, but it's funny). That would kind of be like Amy Grant backmasking a song to say, "Sacrifice your babies to Moloch!"

Awesome, I found it! Just in case it doesn't work.

Chicago is the Devil!

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Omg! Satans in our movies too! I've found him in the movie legend, end of days, devils advocate...the list goes on. There's even a vampire on sesame street!... That's almost satan! All I wanted to do was find some safe entertainment so I read the bible and holy hell Satans in that too! Is nothing sacred anymore! [leaps out the window]

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
We've been over run by the devil in every direction! Abandon ship!

I can't help but love the theater of this stupidity. It literally is a work of genius to watch the universe make up such ridiculous crap on the fly! Just brilliant!

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I don't know if I buy all those example (op) but led zeppelin I do believe. I know Robert plant purchased alister cowley's house, there was a book there that taught him the whole backward masking idea. Soon mr plant will be meeting his maker, got to be a bit nerve racking for him.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

I hear christian gospel music and it reminds me of thousands of years of religious oppression, fanaticism, countless wars and hundreds of millions of meaningless deaths...but hey, that's just me.
But you my friend, hear one of these works of art backwards and it "kinda" sounds like it has satanic implications? Just out of curiosity, have you ever heard of Norwegian black metal?

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I find it hilarious that a ridiculous thing like backmasking Satanic messages has taken on a life of its own and awakened the metal community here on ATS. That's gotta be awesome so OP, I guess you did something right in that case, thanks

I discovered Goatwhore last week, they kick major ass.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join